2012 Membership Tally - Part2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well think about it, if you offered pet memberships, then your supporters wouldn't keep buying real ones for their pets :D

There were 15k at the Friday game Tigers, about 9k Hawks and North 4k.

Richmond spend a crapload on memberships compared to others.

So that 35k is a massive result when it looks smaller on paper.

There were 15k at the Friday game Tigers, about 9k Hawks and North 4k.

Richmond spend a crapload on memberships compared to others.

So that 35k is a massive result when it looks smaller on paper.

Not from where i was sitting, i actually thought that the Hawks outnumbered the tigers....give me some of that s**t that you are smoking :D

So what. 40,000 is still pretty good is it not? Still beats Richmond, Geelong, Carlton, St Kilda, Essendon etc. Tell me honestly. How many members would hawthorn have if we had no Franklin and Rioli? Probably half I reckon. Franklin is argubly the biggest markee player in the league.

Not to belittle Franklin who is a brilliant player, he isn't the type of player that gets neutral fans through the gate to watch him, unlike Gary Ablett Snr or to a lesser extent Fev.

For such a power club with many members, Hawthorn's match day crowds in vic are a tad dissapointing for mine.

Not to belittle Franklin who is a brilliant player, he isn't the type of player that gets neutral fans through the gate to watch him, unlike Gary Ablett Snr or to a lesser extent Fev.

For such a power club with many members, Hawthorn's match day crowds in vic are a tad dissapointing for mine.

Gee, not too sure about that.

Have had more reason to go to a couple of neutral finals because Buddy was playing and he didn't disappoint.

Gee, not too sure about that.

Have had more reason to go to a couple of neutral finals because Buddy was playing and he didn't disappoint.

Buddy is the most exciting player to watch in the game right now, at the height of his powers, but I don't think he bumps up Hawthorn Crowds that much at all (certainly compared to Ablett Snr who was a freak admittedly)

Although I do have to admit the last few years the Hawks have been dudded with a pretty poor home fixture against vic clubs.

Buddy is the most exciting player to watch in the game right now, at the height of his powers, but I don't think he bumps up Hawthorn Crowds that much at all (certainly compared to Ablett Snr who was a freak admittedly)

Although I do have to admit the last few years the Hawks have been dudded with a pretty poor home fixture against vic clubs.

Hawthorn don't lead the league in junior memberships for no reason you know :D

As a neutral, if I were going to be inclined to a game, it would be one Gary Ablett Jnr. is playing in. After that, Buddy. Then Judd and Goodes a bit beyond those two.

Only my two cents, but there's only 4 players this year I would pay to see as a neutral, and Buddy is a strong second. I hate Hawthorn, but he'd get me through the gate.

Always find this statement interesting. Break downs have been previously given and based on the Victorian component the break down of attendances really aren't that bad. The hawks have never been known for turning out huge attendances and I don't see why this in turn gets people to question the validity of the number of members - obviously they are happy to put their hands in their pockets to support the club and this is reflected with the continual growth of memberships even during shitty times since the proposed merger. People seriously need to get over the conspiracy theories that seem to arise at the same time every year.

As of 18/2
Code:
Club                Members
Collingwood          53,000 
West Coast           48,141
Hawthorn             47,678
Adelaide             40,704
Essendon             39,235
Richmond             34,314
Carlton              32,433
Geelong              30,891
St Kilda             25,724
Melbourne            24,195
Port Adelaide        24,040
North Melbourne      22,113
Western Bulldogs     21,337
Sydney               19,429
Brisbane             14,023
Gold Coast            9,397
GWS                   5,290
Fremantle               N/A

Interesting stats. We can get there, lets all get on board!

Its interesting to see how poor the numbers are for St Kilda considering how successful they have been for the past few seasons.

They wouldnt want to end up in the bottom 4 any time soon or they could become a major worry for the AFL.

Its interesting to see how poor the numbers are for St Kilda considering how successful they have been for the past few seasons.Ditto Western Bulldogs.

They wouldnt want to end up in the bottom 4 any time soon or they could become a major worry for the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its interesting to see how poor the numbers are for St Kilda considering how successful they have been for the past few seasons.

Expectations are down and with reduced expectations come reduced numbers largely becausse fans discount the notion of a GF finish but The Saints are quite well supported and though they are suffering in sales and will probably see a slide in match day turnout unless they overperform their core base is large enough to see them through.

This phenom is the normal predictable up and down of a middle sized club rising with its form and ebbing with loss of form and is nothing to worry about

Expectations are down and with reduced expectations come reduced numbers largely becausse fans discount the notion of a GF finish but The Saints are quite well supported and though they are suffering in sales and will probably see a slide in match day turnout unless they overperform their core base is large enough to see them through.

This phenom is the normal predictable up and down of a middle sized club rising with its form and ebbing with loss of form and is nothing to worry about

So why are Port copping so much s**t at the moment? Don't worry, I know the reason.

I have read this 5 times and still can't make sense of it:confused:

RB looks to be a victim of the dreaded "Bracket's virus" getting around. Nothing Norton can't fix. Try reading it now. :thumbsu:

Norffff on 22,552 - probably still in front of the 2008 figure for this time of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back