NRL 2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean Graham being allowed to stay on the field after chewing Slater's ear off? Yeah, you really got dudded with that call.
The better team won. The team that played a flawless finals series won the premiership.

Amazingly poor sore loser.;)

Well * him we are the Premiers.

You have always been one of the best posters on here. I wish you would post more often.:thumbsu:

Yet still whinged about non existent bad umpiring.

Yet still whinged about non existent bad umpiring.

Clearly you are a bandwagoner and know nothing about the game. Otherwise you would know that Rugby League doesn't have umpires, it has referees.

Clearly you are a bandwagoner and know nothing about the game. Otherwise you would know that Rugby League doesn't have umpires, it has referees.

lol clutching at straws a bit aren't you?

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

Keep those delicious tears coming.

I dislike Melbourne with a passion, but as a neutral the officiating was fine.

Yea, I thought they were fine too. Unusual given the standard most of the year.

Well played by the Melbourne Storm, they thoroughly deserved it. The dogs were lucky to have full 13 players on the field with that biting incident.

The dogs are in a good place though. Got T-rex on his way, Dessie as coach and the halves can only get better. They will be there next September for sure.

Not to mention the ridiculous knock on call at 46 mins when no Melbourne player touched it.

I watched the replay on Fox yesterday. Refs were fine. Bad calls against both teams. Dogs certainly were not on the receiving end of bad calls for the day.

It was the best reffed game in the finals, a couple of bad calls for both teams, no complaints with the video refs either so I'd give them all a 9/10 for the game.

Dogs were allowed to get away with obstruction all year and now they complain about the refs? Oh the irony.

Come on tugga... Decoy player's are not obstructions unless it's badly executed! The only bad call was against the Tiger's, the rest were fine, our decoy plays can be easily defended as seen in the GF. I personally complain about the Referee's with the interpretation(s) of the ruck and 10 metre rule... All the other stuff (no tries, Video Ref etc) I can live with, it happens in every sport. The way a game is policed can determine which team wins on a day/night and this IMO is not right!!! The inconsistency between each referee is shocking. The whole year the Bulldogs have won 3 penalty counts... THREE! You guys seem to be influenced by the media, if they don't report a stuff up, you think the Ref's had a great game!

I don't mind one bit that we got canned in the first half with penalties (Effectively lost us the game)... However when we got the momentum and possession and you guys slowed the ruck OR you didn't go back the 10 nothing came our way... You don't need to see a try being disallowed or allowed incorrectly for the Ref to have a bad game. Am I being a sore loser? Maybe, but I was disappointed about it and still am, we were robbed of any chance of scoring in the second half... The bounce of the ball didn't help either.

All in all Melbourne took the opportunities they got... Well done. Melbourne 2012 Premiers.
Bulldogs will be back next year.

Come on tugga... Decoy player's are not obstructions unless it's badly executed! The only bad call was against the Tiger's, the rest were fine, our decoy plays can be easily defended as seen in the GF. I personally complain about the Referee's with the interpretation(s) of the ruck and 10 metre rule... All the other stuff (no tries, Video Ref etc) I can live with, it happens in every sport. The way a game is policed can determine which team wins on a day/night and this IMO is not right!!! The inconsistency between each referee is shocking. The whole year the Bulldogs have won 3 penalty counts... THREE! You guys seem to be influenced by the media, if they don't report a stuff up, you think the Ref's had a great game!

I don't mind one bit that we got canned in the first half with penalties (Effectively lost us the game)... However when we got the momentum and possession and you guys slowed the ruck OR you didn't go back the 10 nothing came our way... You don't need to see a try being disallowed or allowed incorrectly for the Ref to have a bad game. Am I being a sore loser? Maybe, but I was disappointed about it and still am, we were robbed of any chance of scoring in the second half... The bounce of the ball didn't help either.

All in all Melbourne took the opportunities they got... Well done. Melbourne 2012 Premiers.

You make some good points, and clearly are not as delusional as some of your cohorts. That said i would respectfully disagree with you on the slowing of the ruck and the offside rulings. In any event saying the calls "effectively lost you the game" makes you sound like a fool. I have only ever seen one professional sporting contest that was decided by bad officiating (see Seattle Seahawks v Green Bay Packers from a few weeks ago) and that game actually forced the leagues hand into getting proper referees back. If there was any chance the referees decided this game NRL house would be burnt to the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will the game be available on DVD/Blue-Ray soon as well? I realized a day or two after the game that I had a HD recorder - long story - and forgot to 'tape' it. o_O

I imagine it'd be on DVD already. They didn't produce a Blu-ray version last year, so would be surprised if they do this year.

Will the game be available on DVD/Blue-Ray soon as well? I realized a day or two after the game that I had a HD recorder - long story - and forgot to 'tape' it. o_O

Its already out, I walked into Big W on friday and the game was being shown on all their display tv's.
I didn't want to leave the store:)
Anyway the price is $28 at Big W but I'm going to check out K-Mart & J.B. Hi Fi cos I will probably buy the Final Series set like I did in 2009.

Its already out, I walked into Big W on friday and the game was being shown on all their display tv's.
Anyway the price is $28 at Big W but I'm going to check out K-Mart & J.B. Hi Fi cos I will probably buy the Final Series set like I did in 2009.
I am still on a high.

Thanks. The whole storm year in review would be good too.

With respect you are very very very biased.

You were not robbed of scoring a try in the second half it is not up to the refs to bring back a huge ten and speed the ruck up for you because you did not execute your plays well enough or the right plays at the right times.

Everyone who watches a bit of rugby league knows when a side is playing an up and in defence followed by a slide on an attacking fringe raid you simply get the ball to a half who runs to the line a bit bringing the defence in leaving the attacking whinger out and then drop a grubber or a chip kick to said winger.

For evidence see the raiders destroying you in round 25.

Simply put the dogs were unlucky with the bounce of the ball and morris, they were unlucky early on when benny barba almost scored but the decision was probably right, but they still lost by two tries because keating couldnt kick for s**t and well reynolds is good for trying to be a hero but thats about it at the moment.

The storm were professional and put on quite a classy performance. Don't blame the refs for not carrying your club over the try line because your club couldnt make the most of there momentum.

For the record the dogs were just as bad at lieing all over the ruck in the first half and slowing the game down when momentum was against them. Also dont forget you had a bloke who committed a disgrace to rugby league biting slaters ear stay on the field, to add salt to the wound the dope pleaded not guilty and still maintains his innocents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back