NRL 2012 NRL Grand Final: Melbourne Storm v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a poor Storm fan, only go once or twice a season, but I watch them a lot on TV and am thrilled by the win today.

I just wish the players had held up four fingers at the end. And as for the thievery comment, you are incredibly stupid if you don't think that all the clubs were/are doing the same thing. One day we'll get the two trophies back when its all out in the open.

g1348998399454189152.jpg

Typical ruthless Storm performance. Barba couldn't get into the game and the Dogs ran out of ideas. Both codes would be licking their lips with premierships in the non-traditional cities. Typical rugby league supporters of a losing side getting out early. I saw empty seats with ten minutes to go with the game still in the balance!

That was a amazing win by our boys. Great to have our 2nd premiership with our 5th Grand Final win.

Melbourne were far too strong defensively. Too much class in the spine foa Bulldogs side lacking options. Smith outstanding, Slater and Cronk also.

Dont like Melbourne but hate Canterbury so glad they lost. Three minor premiers and no premierships is a nice result.

James Graham should get 12-16 weeks and should've been sent off, who cares if it's a grand final, disgraceful play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulatios to the Melbourne Storm. To the Storm believers, lap it up, this one's for you.

This would have to be one of the greatest comebacks in world sporting history. Just epic. They'll make a movie about this journey some day.

I don't care what those flogs up north think, that's premiership number 4.

Well done the Storm. Their superb defence won it for them, and they did a great job in containing Barba. I would have liked to have seen the Dogs win, but they were well beaten here.

It is really hard to see how teams are going to beat the storm in the future, they could go onto win another couple before slater and smith retire.

Slater and smith are just miles above everyone, and cronks kicking game is is ridiculously above the other NRL halves he comes up against.

Can't believe we made it. Was gutted after losing the prelim last year, then a five game losing streak had me doubting, but Storm are premiers once again! I love this team, great to see them get a just reward for their hard work.

CHAMPIONS!

Bellamy's plan to shut down the big ball playing forwards and Barba and Morris was brilliant. Keep em moving back. Smith up the middle. Turn em around. Keep ball in play. They wrapped up Kasiano so he couldn't get balls away. He ran out of puff anyway. Our backs rushed Morris and Barba all game and took away their attack.

I think the Bulldogs suffered a little anyway from the big game nerves. They're the ones that were under pressure to perform. Only for Cam missing so many kicks kept them reasonably in the game. 20+ to 4 and pressure is off and Storm may have scored again and put em away. Would've helped me anyway. Sick with nerves all game.

All talk was on Hasler and his brilliant coaching but Bellamy shut em down. The composure and guts by the young guys in the Storm team especially in defence is beyond words.

Melbourne Storm 2012 NRL Premiers!

Melbourne were far too strong defensively. Too much class in the spine foa Bulldogs side lacking options. Smith outstanding, Slater and Cronk also.

Dont like Melbourne but hate Canterbury so glad they lost. Three minor premiers and no premierships is a nice result.

James Graham should get 12-16 weeks and should've been sent off, who cares if it's a grand final, disgraceful play.

Horrible act especially in a showpiece game seen around the world

Remove this Banner Ad

Back