2013/14 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

who knows but you'll get them about 2-3 weeks into the season

We've been membesr for 7 seasons and have always received our tags with weeks to spare.

But I'll never forget the season before we became members. We turned up at Olympic Park for the opening game of the season only to be confronted by the longest crowd outside a stadium I've ever seen. We joined the queue like everyone else and thankfully I started talking to someone who explained the crowd was for members picking up their tags.

As we were only walk-ups, we were able to go straight over to the pay window and then walk straight into the ground. There was hardly anyone inside, but there were members outside for a loooooong time into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Victory sell Milligan i expect a huge signing come this season.

Milligan is the heart and soul of this club and will be very difficult to replace

Almost irreplaceable Millsy. We won't know his destiny until after the World Cup. If he plays well enough he might get a better offer than he already has.

Whats this about?

FFA's new measures for Active Support areas

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has today announced measures to enhance and protect the unique atmosphere created by active supporters at Hyundai A-League matches.
The Head of Hyundai A-League, Damien de Bohun, said the new protocols would set league-wide standards and were part of a long-term strategy designed to grow membership and deepen fan engagement.

“The atmosphere at Hyundai A-League matches is unique in Australian sport,” said de Bohun.

“You don’t have to go to Europe or South America to experience football passion and see how real supporters get behind their team. It’s on show every week in the A-League.”

The key component of the new measures is a ‘membership only area’ for all “Home Club Active Supporter Areas” for the upcoming Hyundai A-League 2014/15 Season.

This will mean that all fans within the designated “Home Club Active Supporter Areas” will have a valid season membership pass or shorter-term active area pass.

“The connection between active fans and their clubs goes beyond the purchase of a ticket on match day,” said de Bohun.

“We want our fans to have a growing voice in how clubs interact with their supporters and the local community.

“The other advantage of this development is that the club and active supporters will be able to work together to build on the experience of match day and continue to create a safe and family-friendly environment.

FFA has confirmed that the new measures will be linked to enshrining active supporter activities such as playing musical instruments, tifo displays, capo stands and large flags.

“We want fans to be able to create the best atmosphere and in conjunction with clubs and stadium managers we will give the fans certainty over their activities,” said de Bohun.

FFA also announced that there may be additional ticketing measures for “Away Club Active Supporter Areas”, particularly for matches where it is anticipated that there will be a high number of away club active supporters in attendance.

FFA is committed to working with each club to customise solutions based on their individual needs and their respective membership markets to comply with these conditions.

An example of this may include the use of three (3) game membership passes, or members ‘guest’ passes into the respective active supporter area(s) to allow fans to try before they buy into a full membership.

“From our discussions with the various fan groups and other stakeholders around the competition, there is a common desire to see a reduction of the presence of police and security at football matches, in particular around active supporter areas.

“We believe that the successful implementation of these new conditions will go a long way towards reaching that common goal,” concluded de Bohun.

These measures will be effective from the opening round of the Hyundai A-League 2014/15 Season and will be reviewed following the Hyundai A-League 2015 Grand Final.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au...ctive-support-areas/zsvcy29hykuk1iy25f48bchdo

Doesn't help grow the terrace if you want to bring a mate along.

Also got to laugh at the way the FFA have spinned this crap. Spin doctoring at its best must be getting tips from the AFL.

Last edited:
How were you going to propose we pay one of them having already established Finkler as our overseas marquee?

Finkler isn't our Marquee Berisha is.

Milligan will become our Aussie Marquee if he decides to stay, him and Valeri can easily fit in to the squad now that Troisi's loan deal is over.

The word is Muscat is looking for another defensive player from Europe.

Milligan will become our Aussie Marquee if he decides to stay, him and Valeri can easily fit in to the squad now that Troisi's loan deal is over.

Muscat loves having Milligan and Broxham as the two defensive midfielders. With Valeri there as well... three into two does not fit. Unless Broxham moves to right-back, but then we already have Geria and Galloway for the position.

I reckon the signing of Valeri was made in the belief that Milligan would go.

Finkler isn't our Marquee Berisha is.

The word is Muscat is looking for another defensive player from Europe.

Cheers for the correction. But the point I made earlier stands: "How do we fit Cahill or Lampard in?"

Cheers for the correction. But the point I made earlier stands: "How do we fit Cahill or Lampard in?"

We cant get Lampard and even if we could we wouldn't be able to afford him.
The only way to fit Cahill (if it's even possible to get him which is highly doubtful) is if Milligan goes and we make Cahill our Aussie Marquee.

Muscat has already said if you watch the fan forum video on YouTube the Aussie Marquee position is Millsy's if he decides to stay.

Last edited:
Muscat loves having Milligan and Broxham as the two defensive midfielders. With Valeri there as well... three into two does not fit. Unless Broxham moves to right-back, but then we already have Geria and Galloway for the position.

I reckon the signing of Valeri was made in the belief that Milligan would go.

Milligan can play midfield and so can Valeri, the two can interchange it gives Muscat flexibility.

Finkler will play the AM role now that we have a striker to feed.

Last edited:
Milligan can play midfield and so can Valeri, the two can interchange it gives Muscat flexibility.

Finkler will play the AM role now that we have a striker to feed.

What formation do you think we will play?

I'm thinking a 4-2-3-1...two defensive mids, one central/attacking mid and two wings to feed Berish...

Think we need a good left sided player (Muscat has indicated this too), then solidfy that back 4...maybe one more central mid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back