D2 2013 Div2, the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the years I've learned not to take posts on here as gospel but if this is to be true, it's a dark dark day for not just Yarra Valley but the local football.

While we're on the Bush Rangers bashing, what is everyone's thoughts on that skinny Yeo bloke that plays up forward for them?

I was tending the goals when we were played Yarra and got to experience first hand how much of a flog the bloke is.

I remember trolling through the archives of BigFooty a couple years back and their weir reports that bloke was having a good old fashioned sob after a defeat. Any truths to this? God I hope so.

Funny you bring that feeble man to the attention of the board for that insipid human being has just further dragged Yarra Valleys name through the mud.

After running from 30 metres away to wack a bloke from behind, the big tough man Yeo took offence to a reciprocal open hand push in the face and preceded to drop one of our club stalwarts in it, getting him suspended for 2 weeks.

Not only that, the gutless wonder didn't even front up to the tribunal, scared of what would happen if his lies were told in person, he sent in a Stat Dec outlining his fabricated version of events.

Congratulations on making the finals Yarra Valley, and when you capitulate in the finals (as history dictates you will) keeping you in Division 3, we look forward to meeting you and our friend Yeoie next year.

Round 14 Preview
Hoes over the Animals by 6 Pts (One would think this is Emmaus’ best chance of a victory this season and they will throw everything at Ivanhoe in front of their adoring and loyal home fans. The fact that Ivanhoe cannot afford to drop such a game might get them over the line though.)

Bushrangers over Gryphs by 36 Pts (Monash have the knack of pulling off a victory against the odds, but don’t expect it to be today. Yarra cannot afford to be complacent but have too many guns and will win comfortably).

SMD over SMS by 3 Pts (Should be a cracker at Ferndale. The Bloods have been playing their best footy of the year in recent weeks and will be very hard to toss. The Saints will have to bring their ‘A-Game’ to get the points and may fall just short).

Therry over Eltham by 16 Pts (Many believe these two will play off at the big dance come September. I’m not willing to put my house on the Quinella just yet, but this contest obviously is the match of the day.

St Johns over Parade by 29 Pts (Surely there can be no upset here. The Jocs have far too much to play for and will ensure that they keep the Raiders at arm’s length with their run and carry style. Expect this to be a competitive match but the stout Parade defence will not be able to keep St Johns under 12 goals or so).

Round 14 review 3/5 (50/70 cumulative) as the Raiders and Hoes pinched vital wins by less than a kick and The Sainters played possibly their best football of the year. Parade now look safe whilst the Gryphons days are numbered. The four is all but set, but we all knew that two months back…

Round 15 Preview

Yarra over the hoes by 34 Pts (Too strong, too fast, too skilled – no brainer)
Jocs over Gryphs by 6 Pts (Monash will throw everything at the Jocs but fall just short)
SMS over Emmaus by 56 Pts (If the Saints can thump the Bloods by 20 goals plus, surely they will beat The Animals comfortably)
Therry over Parade by 10 Pts (Real danger game for the Lions but they possess the handy knack of winning ugly).
Eltham over The Bloods by 13 Pts (Sure to be close for much of the afternoon but class will prevail).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Wins by my two local sides, although one was expected, has eased the pressure a bit on them, but would suggest that the relegation battle is far from over as each of the four trying to join the 'Leo the Lions' in the drop all play each other in the final weeks.

Yarra Valley vs Ivanhoe
Monash Gryphons vs St Johns
St Marys Salesian vs Emmaus St Leos
Old Paradians vs Therry Penola
South Melbourne vs Old Eltham

Some very interesting results from the weekend proves just how even this division is and that anyone can beat anyone on their day and that matches against the latter sides will be tougher than expected in the final few rounds

Some very interesting results from the weekend proves just how even this division is and that anyone can beat anyone on their day and that matches against the latter sides will be tougher than expected in the final few rounds

Talking about results, the reserves game out at south Melbourne vs the turtles ended at the start of the 3rd when a poor bloke broke his leg. Ambulance took its time coming while the bloke was stuck in the middle of the field

Talking about results, the reserves game out at south Melbourne vs the turtles ended at the start of the 3rd when a poor bloke broke his leg. Ambulance took its time coming while the bloke was stuck in the middle of the field

I've played and witnessed a few games in the past that have had similar results because of a serious injury. Which team did the player come from? How'd it happen? Nothing malicious I hope.

Round 15 Preview
Yarra over the hoes by 34 Pts (Too strong, too fast, too skilled – no brainer) Jocs over Gryphs by 6 Pts (Monash will throw everything at the Jocs but fall just short) SMS over Emmaus by 56 Pts (If the Saints can thump the Bloods by 20 goals plus, surely they will beat The Animals comfortably) Therry over Parade by 10 Pts (Real danger game for the Lions but they possess the handy knack of winning ugly). Eltham over The Bloods by 13 Pts (Sure to be close for much of the afternoon but class will prevail).

Round 15 Review

2/5 (52/75 cumulative) was a poor return in a weekend where Geelong and hawthorn fell in the AFL and just as I called a Lions/Turtles Quinella in Division 2, both suf6fer shock defeats. Perhaps they are the losses they were meant to have, but for Eltham the double chance may well now be a pipe dream. The Bushrangers were the big winners of the round with SMS also succumbing and handing Emmaus a long awaited victory. Well done to the Animals indeed.

Round 16 Preview

Parade by 26 Pts over Gryphs (East Caulfield has hardly been the fortress it has been in previous seasons and the Raiders are playing their best footy at the business end. Will be far too classy for the spiritless Monash).

Eltham over the Animals by 28 Pts (Surely the Turtles will rebound and win this one with ease. Eltham have to win and officially close the finals window on the Jocs).

Hoes over Bloods by 2 Pts (Absolutely impossible to pick as South has been very good of late, but this is the sort of game that the hoes just have to win to avoid relegation and they might just find something at home).

Therry over SMS by 31 Pts (Who knows what sort of St Mary’s outfit turns up. For if they play the footy they did last week they could lose by 20 plus goals. Don’t expect this to be the case but the Lions have had their loss and will look to re-find their mojo).

Jocs over Bushrangers by 11 Pts (Going for the upset, but St Johns have to keep winning while there is hope and they are very hard to hold out once they have a lead. Against is the fact that they have been inconsistent to say the least and Yarra Valley are a team of high quality).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Three massive games this week which could finally decide the final combatants and potentially the second club to take the drop.

Monash Gryphons vs Old Paradians The Raiders struggle here and think the emotion of the past twwo weeks could be draining
Old Eltham vs Emmaus St Leos The Turtles need to get back that consistency for the finals
Ivanhoe vs South Melbourne Big win last week by the Swans while the Maggies weren't that disappointing and can get across the line
Therry Penola vs St Marys Salesian The Lions will be smarting after last week's shock loss and won't give the Saints a look in
St Johns vs Yarra Valley Last ray of finals hope for the Jocs will be shot to pieces by the Bushrangers

I've played and witnessed a few games in the past that have had similar results because of a serious injury. Which team did the player come from? How'd it happen? Nothing malicious I hope.

Both players going for the ball, the south melbourne player stayed upright (injured player) and the eltham player dived for the ball trapping the south melbournes players foot under his body forcing his leg to go the opposite way to his body. nothing malicious just two players going for the ball

Still plenty of interest left in the season with the finals door still ajar and the relegation battle far from over.

Emmaus St Leos vs Old Paradians Expected the Raiders to have a letdown last week but should bounce back in this one
Yarra Valley vs Therry Penola Most likely a preview of the Grand Final
Old Eltham vs St Marys Salesian A must win for both - the double chance is still alive for the Turtles and the Saints must win to hold onto fourth
Ivanhoe vs Monash Gryphons If Monash lose they are effectively relegated as Ivan have ESL in the final round and Monash has TP
South Melbourne vs St Johns The finals door is still ajar for the JOCs so they must win to keep the dream alive

Still plenty of interest left in the season with the finals door still ajar and the relegation battle far from over.

Emmaus St Leos vs Old Paradians Expected the Raiders to have a letdown last week but should bounce back in this one
Yarra Valley vs Therry Penola Most likely a preview of the Grand Final
Old Eltham vs St Marys Salesian A must win for both - the double chance is still alive for the Turtles and the Saints must win to hold onto fourth
Ivanhoe vs Monash Gryphons If Monash lose they are effectively relegated as Ivan have ESL in the final round and Monash has TP
South Melbourne vs St Johns The finals door is still ajar for the JOCs so they must win to keep the dream alive
Wish it was so Clint but it is the other way around, Monash have st Leos and we have Therry so it is last stop saloon for the Hoes.

Have to say we've been a bit unlucky having lost a lot of close games but our results all in all have been very disappointing this year.

Having said that I'm backing us to get the points against Monash by 4 goals and hang on to D2 by % next week.

OP's on the other hand have made their own luck having won or drawn every game by narrow margins. They'll win tomorrow by a whopping 4 goals.

Therry are a class above Yarra and will win by 6 goals at domeney.

St johns will beat South who have also made their own luck. St Johns have to be the biggest under performer of the comp this year and should have been challenging for promotion. they'll win by 4 goals.

Old Eltham who are struggling to reach the finish line will find it tough against fellow finals rival st Marys. A draw.

Round 16 Preview

Parade by 26 Pts over Gryphs (East Caulfield has hardly been the fortress it has been in previous seasons and the Raiders are playing their best footy at the business end. Will be far too classy for the spiritless Monash).

Eltham over the Animals by 28 Pts (Surely the Turtles will rebound and win this one with ease. Eltham have to win and officially close the finals window on the Jocs).

Hoes over Bloods by 2 Pts (Absolutely impossible to pick as South has been very good of late, but this is the sort of game that the hoes just have to win to avoid relegation and they might just find something at home).

Therry over SMS by 31 Pts (Who knows what sort of St Mary’s outfit turns up. For if they play the footy they did last week they could lose by 20 plus goals. Don’t expect this to be the case but the Lions have had their loss and will look to re-find their mojo).

Jocs over Bushrangers by 11 Pts (Going for the upset, but St Johns have to keep winning while there is hope and they are very hard to hold out once they have a lead. Against is the fact that they have been inconsistent to say the least and Yarra Valley are a team of high quality).

Round 16 Review

2/5 (54/80 cumulative) as I went for a couple of upsets and neither came to fruition. The Gryphs made this week’s game a virtual Relegation knockout after beating Parade whilst the Hoes just fell short against the Bloods. Eltham and Therry showed why they are all class.

Round 17 Preview

Emmaus over Parade by 3 Pts (The Animals will look to finish the season with one more win and may just do it here. Don’t be surprised if the Raiders romp this in though)

Therry over Yarra by 13 Pts (Should be a cracker, but I simply cannot pick against the Lions)

Eltham over SMS by 21 Pts (The Turtles should be too strong at home)

Hoes over Gryphs by 7 Pts (Match of the day due to what is at stake, but the home ground advantage may be the decisive factor).

SMD over St Johns by 15 Pts (Cracker of a round with all contests a chance to go either way)

Good luck to all

Quasi

The final round of matches with the top four all settled into their starting positions for the run for the flag and promotion and while the relegation battle was pretty ell decided last week, I'm sure that the Gry's will be looking to finish on a winning note, and a big one if they can, and hope that the Lions give the Hoes a massive touch-up and therefore get a last gasp reprieve.

Monash Gryphons vs Emmaus St Leos
St Marys Salesian vs Yarra Valley
Old Paradians vs South Melbourne
Therry Penola vs Ivanhoe
St Johns vs Old Eltham

The final round of matches with the top four all settled into their starting positions for the run for the flag and promotion and while the relegation battle was pretty ell decided last week, I'm sure that the Gry's will be looking to finish on a winning note, and a big one if they can, and hope that the Lions give the Hoes a massive touch-up and therefore get a last gasp reprieve.

Monash Gryphons vs Emmaus St Leos
St Marys Salesian vs Yarra Valley
Old Paradians vs South Melbourne
Therry Penola vs Ivanhoe
St Johns vs Old Eltham
Unfortunatey Clint the relegation battle is far from decided. A six goal turnaround either way will be enough for Monash to stay up. Howver as per last week, I'll back the Hoes to be the only side to beat therry twice in a year and avoid relegation.

Yarra Valley were tough at the ball last week and on that form can challenge for the title. They'll be St Marys by 4 goals.

OPs to finish the year with a win over south by 10 points.

The Gryphs will beat St leos by 4 goals and if they are relegated, it will be undeservedly.

St Johns will finish the year on a high over Eltham by 6 goals. Eltham looked to be one of, if not the best side early doors but are now staggering to the line.

A very even year all in all with committment, injuries, availability separating the sides. Not really a lot separating most of the teams.

Round 17 Preview
Emmaus over Parade by 3 Pts. (The Animals will look to finish the season with one more win and may just do it here. Don’t be surprised if the Raiders romp this in though)
Therry over Yarra by 13 Pts. (Should be a cracker, but I simply cannot pick against the Lions)
Eltham over SMS by 21 Pts. (The Turtles should be too strong at home)
Hoes over Gryphs by 7 Pts. (Match of the day due to what is at stake, but the home ground advantage may be the decisive factor).
SMD over St Johns by 15 Pts. (Cracker of a round with all contests a chance to go either way)

Round 17 Review

1/5 (55/85 cumulative)in a week not do much of upsets bot close and hard fought contests. The most significant results were undoubtedly Ivanhoe’s come from behind win against the Gryphons and Yarra Valley’s win over the Lions. The first possibly clinching survival and the latter securing the double chance.

Round 18 Preview

Monash over Emmaus by 23 Pts. (The Gryphs need to find 4.4% which equates to 77 points in percentage if they are to survive in D2. Most unlikely, but they should do enough to win here).

SMS over Yarra by 4 Pts. (Who knows what Saints team will turn up as I have selected them poorly all season, but if they bring last weeks form they should win).

Parade over Districts by 10 Pts. (Should be another cracking contest, but Boundy’s men at home will look to finish the season on a high).

Therry over Hoes by 32 Pts. (Monash will hope for 10 goals plus, however Ivanhoe will not allow this and will look to mitigate against the ladder leaders).

St Johns over OE by 14 Pts. (Similar to SMS, I have seldom got the Jocs right, but they may win this ‘mini-final’ in a season of what might have been).

Good luck to all

Quasi

As has been for much of the season, so much speculation and so many questions still need to be answered.
Who will start favourites in each of the finals?
Were Eltham and SMS resting star players in the final round which was essentially a dead rubber?
Can YV repeat the dose on Therry at a neutral venue?
Have Therry had an advantage at their home mud pit all season which will hinder them come a ground like Bill Lawry?
All will be answered come the weekend

As has been for much of the season, so much speculation and so many questions still need to be answered.
Who will start favourites in each of the finals?
Were Eltham and SMS resting star players in the final round which was essentially a dead rubber?
Can YV repeat the dose on Therry at a neutral venue?
Have Therry had an advantage at their home mud pit all season which will hinder them come a ground like Bill Lawry?
All will be answered come the weekend

Would really like to know if SMS were resting players... they debuted three under 19s players, and had about 5 players out (J Op'T Hoog, Baum, Kenyon, Rogers and Jane) that didn't play reserves. Were they injured or rested?

If that's the best you can do, don't bother. DO NOT bother replying to or quoting this message.
drove past deakin last night and saw the lights off and no one at training. anyone know why? oh thats right, that joke of a club called emmaus finally got the relegation they deserved. biggest jokes in the vafa, worst blokes, worst ground and rape dungeons for changerooms. have fun in d3 you flogs

2 big matches this week and both are almost to close to call but I will have a crack:

Therry vs Yarra- Yarra in a super hard and quick match.
Eltham vs St Marys- looking at there results the last couple of weeks both are struggling to the line but I think St Marys by 15 points.

2 big matches this week and both are almost to close to call but I will have a crack:

Eltham vs St Marys- looking at there results the last couple of weeks both are struggling to the line but I think St Marys by 15 points.

Good to see the confidence drewy. Who do you have planned for the bannister boys?

Round 18 Preview

Monash over Emmaus by 23 Pts. (The Gryphs need to find 4.4% which equates to 77 points in percentage if they are to survive in D2. Most unlikely, but they should do enough to win here).

SMS over Yarra by 4 Pts. (Who knows what Saints team will turn up as I have selected them poorly all season, but if they bring last week’s form they should win).

Parade over Districts by 10 Pts. (Should be another cracking contest, but Boundy’s men at home will look to finish the season on a high).

Therry over Hoes by 32 Pts. (Monash will hope for 10 goals plus, however Ivanhoe will not allow this and will look to mitigate against the ladder leaders).

St Johns over OE by 14 Pts. (Similar to SMS, I have seldom got the Jocs right, but they may win this ‘mini-final’ in a season of what might have been).

Round 18 Review

3/5 58/90 cumulative) was a fair return, but Emmaus upset the Gryphs and St Mary’s continued their Yo-Yo form in a pitiful display against the Bushrangers. St Johns lament a season of what might have been as their best football was clearly as good as the top 4, much the same can be said for Paradians, yet inconsistency hurt both outfits. Therry looked unbeatable against the hoes, but will keep the lid on it for another couple of weeks.

Elimination Final

OE over SMS by 14 Pts (No doubt the Saints were resting players last time out, but I cannot select a side who vary so much from week to week. Seb Ciavola holds the key for Eltham, who similarly were less than impressive last time out, but h8ave been the more consistent team throughout the year. Should be close, but the Turtles for mine).

Qualifying Final

Therry over Yarra Valley by 29 Pts (Therry have been the Premier side of this division all year and whilst Finals can provide and upset here and there, I cannot see it being this one. The Bannister’s have had a fine season and The Lions run and carry is clearly the best around. The Bushrangers will look to force stoppages at all times to turn this into an arm wrestle, but this will only be achievable in the short term as Therry pull clear in the second half).

Good luck to all

Quasi

It's going to be a very tight game between Eltham and SMS. Eltham having a lot of players in the seniors returning after a well earned rest.

Two great games to start the 2013 Finals Series with both anticipated to go right down to the last kick.

Therry Penola vs Yarra Valley
Old Eltham vs St Marys Salesian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back