D2 2013 Div2, the thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads, it's 2:00 monday and we haven't had a single report!

Blimey!

Don't want to dwell too much into our game for obvious reasons, but SMS look the goods this year. We are in some serious trouble if they are not the best in the comp.

For us, Hunter, Shamrock, Gillespie and Stamper were standouts while for SMS 26, 10 and 8 were outstanding.

A tag on number 8 is a must!

What happened to Therry?

Blimey!

Don't want to dwell too much into our game for obvious reasons, but SMS look the goods this year. We are in some serious trouble if they are not the best in the comp.

For us, Hunter, Shamrock, Gillespie and Stamper were standouts while for SMS 26, 10 and 8 were outstanding.

What happened to Therry?

I saw the first half of St Marys/St Johns and the Ivanhoe/Therry game was of a far higher standard.

One game is hard to judge they St Mary's definitely have some blokes who can play but I will be surprised if they are the best going forward.

Blimey!

What happened to Therry?

SMS had a similar breakout win in round 1 last year, but didn't go on to achieve anything great in 2012, I think St Johns might be in for a long season.

A couple of games went against my tips, SMS and Ivanhoe haveing good wins.

The to spearheads Close (6) and my man Ciavola (8) had great returns with Robbo nowhere to been seen in rd1. Went down to watch the hoes this week and for my first glance of the tall, lanky and quick Ash Close, the polar opposite of the powerful and cunning Ciavola. can't wait to see those two battle at opposite ends.

Results from the weekend suggest we would have a very tight and even div 2 this year.

eltham are looking strong, a bit of a wobbly start down 30 or so points to south melbourne and not looking the part. but the new coach jason previously from monty must have said something at half time that made eltham pull their finger out and have a very strong finish to a high scoring game. ciavola kicked 1 goal 6 at the half and ended with 8 goals 6, so a bit of straight kicking could have made a difference.

the reserves game was a mess up with the quarters only 20 minutes instead of 25 minutes, so the 1 point loss to eltham could have been a lot different.

if round 1 is a indicator for the year, there is going to be a good finals series with teams pushing for the final 4

I saw the first half of St Marys/St Johns and the Ivanhoe/Therry game was of a far higher standard.

One game is hard to judge they St Mary's definitely have some blokes who can play but I will be surprised if they are the best going forward.

I think the standard would've have been so different because of the difference in the size of the grounds, not gonna be clean and attractive on a half court

Round 2

YV to beat Parade at home by 2-3 goals.
Turtles in a close one against Monash.
Ivanhoe over SMS.
Therry to beat SMD by 30+
St Leos to win away at st Johns.

Round 2

Parade to beat Yarra valley in a close game
Ivanhoe vs SMS, tough one. But from round 1 results I'll say SMS by 2 goals
Turtles vs monash. Months tough to beat at home. But turtles will take this game in the last quarter
St. John's to beat st Leo's in a close game
Therry vs smd, Therry to take the win

Word from the Yarra Valley camp is that they have been crippled by injury following their fiery round 1 clash with St Leo's.

Also heard that St Leo's lived up to their filthy reputation and spent the day going after the player rather than the ball?

These jokers survived relegation by the skin of their teeth, you'd think they have a dip this year rather than sticking to their filthy tactics that have seen them achieve very little glory in the past.

While we are on the topic of the animals, has anyone been to their club rooms yet? I played in a charity cricket match over the summer and was disgusted by their facilities. Surely a club in the VAFA can not be allowed to have such working class rooms?

The Therry Ivanhoe match is the most interesting from the weekend, did Therry fail to live up to their pre-season hype or are Ivanhoe just that good?

Word from the Yarra Valley camp is that they have been crippled by injury following their fiery round 1 clash with St Leo's.

Also heard that St Leo's lived up to their filthy reputation and spent the day going after the player rather than the ball?

These jokers survived relegation by the skin of their teeth, you'd think they have a dip this year rather than sticking to their filthy tactics that have seen them achieve very little glory in the past.

While we are on the topic of the animals, has anyone been to their club rooms yet? I played in a charity cricket match over the summer and was disgusted by their facilities. Surely a club in the VAFA can not be allowed to have such working class rooms?

The Therry Ivanhoe match is the most interesting from the weekend, did Therry fail to live up to their pre-season hype or are Ivanhoe just that good?

no suprise re;st.leo's and their filthy rep

we played them in a praccy eariler this year and 2 of our younger players ended up in hospital due to off the ball incidents. they were a disgrace

eltham are looking strong, a bit of a wobbly start down 30 or so points to south melbourne and not looking the part. but the new coach jason previously from monty must have said something at half time that made eltham pull their finger out and have a very strong finish to a high scoring game. ciavola kicked 1 goal 6 at the half and ended with 8 goals 6, so a bit of straight kicking could have made a difference.

the reserves game was a mess up with the quarters only 20 minutes instead of 25 minutes, so the 1 point loss to eltham could have been a lot different.

Been allot of South Melbourne knockers on this forum. As Eltham discovered Saturday the Dishlickers will be very competitive this year. Apart from the 3rd quarter onslaught there was not much between the 2 sides. Didnt help that SMD lost 2 prime movers in the first half and were down to 2 on the bench. Also missing 6 players from the best 22 that will come back the next few weeks.Allot of very poistive signs coming out of the pit straight

I would love to see Eltham on some of the smaller grounds. The wide expanses out in the bush help there style of play. Smaller ground could be a different story?????

As for the reserves game, if the extra 5 minutes would have changed the game (doubt it) then your kidding yourself. SMD kicked the last goal of the game so would think thats more of a roll than Eltham were on. Thoughts?

There dirty....always have been always will be. Should be kicked out of the VAFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You idiot

You idiot

South Melbourne have improved and could knock off any team on there day, midfield looked good.

Played about 6 games against St Leo's and never had a problem (eltham), have a couple of cheeky run with players but nothing to carry on about. Pretty rough potting a club cause there rooms are crap. They are obviously battling, last time I checked u didn't need a pole up ur arse to play footy, still good enough to have a few beers for mine.

Looking forward to the big challenge at Monash.

Been allot of South Melbourne knockers on this forum. As Eltham discovered Saturday the Dishlickers will be very competitive this year. Apart from the 3rd quarter onslaught there was not much between the 2 sides. Didnt help that SMD lost 2 prime movers in the first half and were down to 2 on the bench. Also missing 6 players from the best 22 that will come back the next few weeks.Allot of very poistive signs coming out of the pit straight

I would love to see Eltham on some of the smaller grounds. The wide expanses out in the bush help there style of play. Smaller ground could be a different story?????

As for the reserves game, if the extra 5 minutes would have changed the game (doubt it) then your kidding yourself. SMD kicked the last goal of the game so would think thats more of a roll than Eltham were on. Thoughts?

The 5 minute difference each quarter could have made a difference, eltham where up all day in the reserves, the run of play was with smd towards the end.
71 tackles for elthams seniors is nothing to sneeze about, eltham are playing a very physical game. But the turtles don't hit behind the play as it seems st Leo's does.

Any other injuries known?

G'day lads. Long time reader, first time poster!

Bit harsh on St Leo's on this board. Always found them to be a good bunch of fellas.

As for the tag on number 8 at SMS, seen him down at Barry's gym in richmond a few times and the bloke can throw a pretty sweet right hook. Wouldn't want to put too close a tag on him.

Still feel eltham are the team to beat this year. All the best for the weekend

PM

Waited all off-season and it finally was here, Round 1. Had the great pleasure of watching Dave "The Great Man" Boundy run around again. One can never get tired of watching this out and out jet ply his trade each week. 4 goals and a handful of sublime contested grabs to add to his 25 odd possessions, and was clearly the difference between the Raiders and the yo-yo's last week. I for one cannot wait for Saturday 2pm to see him line up against Yarra Valley. Tipping a win for OP if we can hold Close to under 10 goals

Waited all off-season and it finally was here, Round 1. Had the great pleasure of watching Dave "The Great Man" Boundy run around again. One can never get tired of watching this out and out jet ply his trade each week. 4 goals and a handful of sublime contested grabs to add to his 25 odd possessions, and was clearly the difference between the Raiders and the yo-yo's last week. I for one cannot wait for Saturday 2pm to see him line up against Yarra Valley. Tipping a win for OP if we can hold Close to under 10 goals
Didn't know Ash Close had transferred to Yarra Valley?

A bit Boundy-struck are we Granola?.... getting your opposition mixed up??? well I guess Close is no Ciavola, I'd be right offended if you got him wrong.

Sorry lads got a bit carried away there

Can you give a report on Ciavolas game first up? Looked great on paper. Could there be a challenger to Boundys title as D2 Destroyer?

On paper good game, in reality good game. He did kick badly first half. Some of the delivery was undefendable. I thought even though he kicked 8 that honours even between him and Graham at full back. I think he kicked 3 or 4 from free kicks that at best were very ticky touch.

He will average 5 or 6 a game with the delivery he gets

Sorry lads got a bit carried away there

Can you give a report on Ciavolas game first up? Looked great on paper. Could there be a challenger to Boundys title as D2 Destroyer?

Ciavola is the destroyer as a full forward now that bullen have gone to D1, bulleens fullback kept him scoreless. I can't compare anyone else to boundy as there is no midfielder I know in the comp that is as good as him, does anyone have any information on other dominant players from their club?

Ciavola is the destroyer as a full forward now that bullen have gone to D1, bulleens fullback kept him scoreless. I can't compare anyone else to boundy as there is no midfielder I know in the comp that is as good as him, does anyone have any information on other dominant players from their club?

I have heard big things about Dean Phillips at SMD. I think he is new this year. Big bodied player and very hard at it

We have a good stash of solid players down at the Garvey. Not likely to give a bio on them all though and give away any trade secrets ;)

Another big test this week for my boys. Good luck to all:

Yarra Valley vs Parade. (Will be close though).
Turtles vs Monash. (If Robertson plays, he may match Ciavola. If he doesn't, Eltham by plenty)
Ivanhoe vs SMS. (This might be a bit closer than expected, but still the Pies)
Therry vs SMD
St Leos vs st Johns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back