Live Event 2013 NAB AFL Draft Discussion - Now open!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll have to consult the oracle. Or is that still TheAthenian's thing?

Once Griffen, Ward and the like speak about how back at the Dogs, the conditions were a lot better, WHE will be coming here.
Bin boy's locker is next to WHE's locker, which doesn't help.

Perhaps he can ask for advice on how to completely * over a club. Griff's an expert.
I think Griffen could actually be the factor that convinces WHE to stay.

That is assuming that Griffen doesn't mention that Whitten Oval has state of the art recovery facilities, rather than garbage receptacles filled with ice.

Oh god Carlisle will just be perfect for this team, please come home Jake... I dread the day I wake up and read the Carlisle has re-signed with Essendon article

Can I assure everyone that Essendon are petrified of Carlisle leaving even though they think/know he's happy at the club. They don't think they can pay him what he'll get offered elsewhere. Just thought you'd all like to know.
a_560x375.jpg

Can we squeeze Carlisle and WHE into our salary cap? There's also the rumours of Brisvegas offering Carlisle $1m+ p.a.
Since we don't pay Griff contract next year plus delisting and retirements and what ever cap we have left will cover both of them

Wont Boyd's salary increase massively next year, like close to Griff's cost this year? If so that cancels that cap space out.

I hope we are playing a risky long ball game and load right up to the cap with poached players in the expectation that they increase the cap in the coming years (thereby allowing us to pay Bonts, Stringer, Macrae, et al more). This is the risk that could set us up for the future and assure success.

Last edited:
Wont Boyd's salary increase massively next year, like close to Griff's cost this year? If so that cancels that cap space out.

I hope we are playing a risky long ball game and load right up to the cap with poached players in the expectation that they increase the cap in the coming years (thereby allowing us to pay Bonts, Stringer, Macrae, et al more). This is the risk that could set us up for the future and assure success.

And if it backfires? No room to pay those 3 more, and they walk.

Bont/Stringer/Macrae vs TBoyd/Carlisle/WHE - I would choose the first three, but we already have TBoyd, so the choice is partly irrelevant.

I want them to play for the best possible outcome, not play it safe. We can't afford to be gutless- we will never win a flag again that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh god Carlisle will just be perfect for this team, please come home Jake... I dread the day I wake up and read the Carlisle has re-signed with Essendon article

Aaand hours later an article on the Herald Sun saying he's close to re-signing :(

Just read the Carlisle to stay at Essendon article. Not sure I'd be all that comfortable Asia doesn't really say anything. I had dinner with a senior member of Essendon after Xmas and I suggested to him that it might be a good idea that in the interest of fairness we be allowed to pay his salary and slot him in a CHB. After saying get stuffed he explained that they hadn't signed him up and they were nervous about keeping him. He does love the club but money speaks all languages and he said they weren't really in a position to pay him mega bucks. I wasn't talking rubbish, but sometching might have changed at their end. We'll see. I do think he's the best fit for us in the AFL from an age and skill set point of view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back