Live Event 2013 NAB AFL Draft Discussion - Now open!

Remove this Banner Ad

With a name like bontempelli you just have to be a star, otherwise you just cop too much crap
And Its got four syllables for Christ sake!
Bon-tem-pel-li

I am big on many syllables in a name - lib-era-tor-ri
Dip-ie-de-meni-co
Kouda-fi-da-fi-dees

Names like that and there is no hiding in the shadows
did you have the thread last year which was

to pick the best players from this years draft?

:p

From last years draft yes
The best assessor of talent in the world or something like that
I think I won
Nah it will be interesting to review in the off season

I just say inside midfielders, because they mostly show what they're capable from the start

I know I said Dunstan & Crouch, who haven't gone so bad; at this still early stage

just like next year I'd 'predict' Petracca & Brayshaw would be able to come straight into a team and already look like they've been there 50 games

see Brayshaw on TAC Future stars? the guys looking as nearly big as Rance
:eek:

I'm not sold on Bonts. We shouldn't be making assessments based on a few games of footy.

Although it looks like a big tick now by the end of 2016 we should have a realistic idea. What if Aish turns into a Chad Wingard and Bonts stagnates ala Gibbs?

Hindsight is the best indicator of success
With Gibbs, even in his first year, he looked like winning the hard ball just didn't come naturally to him. He's improved a lot in that area over the last two years but it took him a long time.
Bont looks pretty natural at it. But yeah will be a long time before you could call it a win, but I think it doesn't matter if both are very good players as it looks like they will be.

I thought this thread needed some closure:

356533-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Get ready for the most unpopular post of the year. We've heard all the positives on bontempelli and what he may become. But here are some snippets from 2 different afl scouts since the draft (one from a melbourne club and one from an interstate club):

- projected to grow to 195cm and will be too tall to seriously compete for ground level contested ball at that point.
- already slow, and with an extra 3 or 4cm, will struggle to seriously improve his speed.
- will end up key forward size but is highly overrated in the air and his contested marking is average at best for a guy his height
- great kid
- hard worker
- second round talent

One of the 2 thinks honeychurch will have a better career and that bontempelli is one of the biggest reaches he's ever seen. Thinks he would have slipped well into the teens, if not into the 20s if we hadn't taken him.

One of the 2 described him as a shorter spider everitt that's poor overhead and can't ruck. Not a great wrap.

A final quote: "I can't think of 2 kids better suited to that list (ie ours) than the South Australian boys."

Don't shoot the messenger lads. Not my opinion. I've seen almost nothing of these draft kids. Just 2 people's opinions and I'm backing our guys in to have pulled the right rein.

Cue the backlash......
Have your mates still got jobs fronk? Hehe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have your mates still got jobs fronk? Hehe
Some context came to light. The agent in question desperately tried to sign Bonti and was shattered when he missed him. Me thinks that may have clouded someone's judgement a fraction.

I feel like I should make more stupid optimistic posts like this.
I want Kade Kolodjashnij, Liam Duggan, small fries and a frozen coke.

Make it happen.

Got a liked posts notification that reminded me I posted this, pretty good call if I do say so myself. :cool:

Tom Boyd Wants Out

I think I did a pretty good job of calling this earlier in the year.... Now just Cameron to go.... ;)

Sounds like at least one of Duggan and Kolodjashnij are coming then, cause who the hell orders a small fries?
I didn't have enough money for large fries after ordering KK :(

WHE to the Dogs in 2015. Is it too early timtamWB?
I'll have to consult the oracle. Or is that still TheAthenian's thing?

Once Griffen, Ward and the like speak about how back at the Dogs, the conditions were a lot better, WHE will be coming here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back