2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthieu Delpierre's role in us winning the silverware has gone underrated by many. He has kind of slipped under the radar because of the greater focus on our higher profile attacking players.

With Graham Arnold shooting his mouth of about how much better FC might have been less injuries, it got me wondering how much better we would have been with Delpierre at CB all season, and how good he will be next season, (hopefully) injury free?

I liked what David Davutovic said in the Hun today about Delpierre.
"Take Delpierre out of the side and it's far weaker than if you remove say Bararouses. I'd say the Frenchman is Victory's most important player. He has a calming effect on his teammates."

Spot on the money by DD, we actually saw it unfold how much he was missed during the season when he was out and how inconsistent we looked.

I liked what David Davutovic said in the Hun today about Delpierre.
"Take Delpierre out of the side and it's far weaker than if you remove say Bararouses. I'd say the Frenchman is Victory's most important player. He has a calming effect on his teammates."

Spot on the money by DD, we actually saw it unfold how much he was missed during the season when he was out and how inconsistent we looked.
Wouldn't think that's up for debate. We have 5 excellent attacking players and only play 4 at a time. Each can be covered by another. Take Delpierre out and we look shaky.

Would love to see a contracted players list for the club. Not sure we'll have much money to spend as I'd think we'd be having to bump up a few players price but I think we'll be bringing in a few players.

Would love to see a contracted players list for the club. Not sure we'll have much money to spend as I'd think we'd be having to bump up a few players price but I think we'll be bringing in a few players.

Last heard we were yet to sign Archie, Georgievski, Coe and Thomas.

Archie Thompson - the big dilemma?

What are the thought here regarding Archie and next season??

If he wants to continue to be a super sub, I think he will stay. Am sure we can set him up with an ambassador role that will pay handsomely post career ;)
If he wants to be playing 90 minutes each week, I think he'll go but wouldn't be to a club in Australia.

Kev just has to tell him that there's a lot of football to be played next year with ACL, League and FFA Cup and he's a required player.

If he wants to continue to be a super sub, I think he will stay. Am sure we can set him up with an ambassador role that will pay handsomely post career ;)
If he wants to be playing 90 minutes each week, I think he'll go but wouldn't be to a club in Australia.

Kev just has to tell him that there's a lot of football to be played next year with ACL, League and FFA Cup and he's a required player.
He will get plenty of game time if we do well. I think it's more he doesn't want to take another pay cut to stay.

1gnlgj.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The busy schedule next year certainly adds to the attraction of keeping Archie on.

He will get plenty of game time if we do well. I think it's more he doesn't want to take another pay cut to stay.

Hopefully the money side of it can be sorted to everyone's satisfaction. If the FFA can get this rewarding loyal players salary off-set thing up and running for next season it will assist with Archie's situation. He has been such a great ambassador to the A League I hope they make the effort to introduce it for next season.

I hope we address the problem with kits this year too. Was impossible to buy a jersey until late in the year.

The Victory Medal Dinner is on tomorrow night >

Date: Friday, May 22, 2015
Venue: Palladium at Crown
Time: 7.00pm until late
Attire: Black tie
Entertainment: DJ Leigh Broxham
Investment: $205 per guest

Surely Ben will have the medal around his neck at the end of the night?

So that's about 10 people. We're the best supporters in the A League, even your fan bois in the media acknowledge that. Love or hate Adelaide, at least their fans turn up to their home games and am sure would have filled the allocation of GF tickets.
Lol the Sydney FC fans aren't even the best in Sydney ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back