List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure we have now played ourselves out of position to grab Lever/Marchbank/Goddard so where too???

Is it to the Menadues and Goeys or more the Lamb, McKenzie, Smith Risk reward direction.

Starting to think a Lamb/Smith gamble may be the way to go.........maybe
Yeah. That's the problem when you win finals. You get pushed down the draft order. Menadue / Lamb are still the type of player we need.

the only uncontracted player we have with trade value is Levi. I'm not suggesting trade him. In the worst of worlds if we trade Levi for a first-rounder - or if he wants to go - we have Dumont or Bastinac who might be able take his place

you watch today's TAC cup final?

He was excellent. silky smooth and can find the pill across half forward and in the midfield. I hope he is around our 1st pick!

No didnt catch today's game as I was busy but I remember some highlights from the champs.

Looks very clean with ball and great decision maker with good goal sense.

Really need that in our side

s
ill assume you watched today's final RF08, can you tell me your personal thoughts on De Goey?

Watched the game and throughly enjoyed the contest. Thought a lot of players highlighted their best attributes. Touk Miller, Paul Ahern, Jordan De Goey and Darcy Moore all were standouts. Also liked the look of the Cannons ruckman Kovacevic.

De Goey I watched a bit of in the under 18 champs and I was turned off, because there was a few times where he hesitated to go full throttle at the contest.

After watching the game today, my thoughts on him have changed considerably. His 2nd quarter was outstanding. One of the best quarters I've seen from an under 18 player. Showed a lot of leadership and was really hard at the pill. Laid tackles and worked really hard end to end. He made excellent decisions by foot and done all the 1%er's. The biggest thing I like about both De Goey and Ahern is that they can go in and win contested footy, but spread like maniacs to provide an option on the outside.

Anyone got any idea where this Reece McKenzie might go in the draft? Seen him on TAC cup future stars this morning and he's a big lump of a lad. Doesnt qualify for Father/son either as his dad didnt play enough games for Carlton.

Might be a few years away before he can really compete in the big league but this guy has got loads of potential and I read somewhere he may go as late as the 2nd round.

193 cm midfielder anyone?

Former Western Bulldogs key forward Matt Panos was the star in Norwood's nail-biting Grand Final win over Port Adelaide on Sunday.
In his new guise as a big-bodied midfielder, Panos finished with a game-high 28 possessions, 12 clearances and a goal in the Redlegs' four-point triumph at Adelaide Oval.
The thrilling grand final drew a crowd of 38,644 at Adelaide Oval, the largest SANFL crowd since 1999, and the spectators watched Norwood claim its third successive premiership.
Panos, who is hoping to earn another chance at the top level, had 16 disposals and six clearances in the first half as Norwood established a seven-point lead at the main break.
The Redlegs then held on against a Port Adelaide team stocked full of AFL-listed players.
Panos has been invited to South Australia's state combine in October where AFL recruiters will look deeper into his transformation from a key forward to 193cm midfielder.
The Magpies team included 19 Port Adelaide players in what was billed as a battle between full-time and part-time clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys who have been delisted at some stage by an AFL club rarely come back to another AFL club and make it. Sorry not for me.

Ahern could well be available.

kovacevic is the cannons tall built ruckman, has relatively straight hair! wouldn't say he is a mini-afro!
ok, cool, a family member played for greenvale u18, and their ruckman was playing for cannons, and had been speaking to a couple of afl clubs, i cant remeber his name, but hes a big lad, with a bit of an afro.

if ahern is available, he would be a great pick up.

I like this Reece McKenzie, virtually a clone of Tom Hawkins. If this bloke drops to the 2nd round we could nab him early. Any boy that can kick 16 goals in a school game smashing the previous record of 10 held by Marcus Bontempelli must have enormous upside.

Just read this.

GOLD Coast captain Gary Ablett is the first-picked star for tens of thousands of Supercoach players across the country each year.

The ‘Little Master’ as they call him at the Suns has averaged 137 points a game this season and in Round 5, 2008 posted a career-high 254 points in a blistering 35-disposal and three-goal game against Sydney.

It puts into perspective Reece McKenzie’s effort while playing TAC Cup football for the Northern Knights on Saturday.

Champion Data statistics reveal the power forward eclipsed even Ablett’s career best Supercoach score by racking up 256 points against the Eastern Ranges.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...979423120?nk=0996ac2a688de6816eb7de68b462822c

Last edited:
ok, cool, a family member played for greenvale u18, and their ruckman was playing for cannons, and had been speaking to a couple of afl clubs, i cant remeber his name, but hes a big lad, with a bit of an afro.

if ahern is available, he would be a great pick up.

Kovacevic comes from Greenvale. Was just reading up a bit on his profile. Didn't have a fro in the game today though!

Daniel Currie say hi

Taylor Hine says hi

Ben McKinley say hi

Cameron Richardson say hi

Will Sierakowski say hi

Brad Moran says hi

Ben Davies says hi

Sam Power says hi

Jonathon Hay says hi

And there only from the last 9 years at our club not some other club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back