List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Next (hypothetical) question, other than Luke, if we had pick 8 to hit the draft last year, who would we take with 12 months of hindsight under our belts?

We don't look to have missed out on a great deal by not getting Luke as a 2nd rounder, really.

Lewis Taylor would be the ideal one though whether or not we'd have gone that early on him is doubtful. Maybe we could've talked Brisbane into letting Aish slide? or pick Cam McCarthy a little early. Sheed would've been a decent pick, but not the type we need.

Us beating Hawthorn and Collingwood beating West Coast pushed us 3 spots behind them tho

This is true.

How far down the hypothetical hole do we want to go?

here this was real.

We don't look to have missed out on a great deal by not getting Luke as a 2nd rounder, really.

Lewis Taylor would be the ideal one though whether or not we'd have gone that early on him is doubtful. Maybe we could've talked Brisbane into letting Aish slide? or pick Cam McCarthy a little early. Sheed would've been a decent pick, but not the type we need.

I think long term we will look at the pick we paid and be more than content that it was unders.

The only thing that would have made last year better would have been 39 more games to Phil Kelly.

I suspect if it was the case they would have altered the F/S rules.

I think long term we will look at the pick we paid and be more than content that it was unders.

The only thing that would have made last year better would have been 39 more games to Phil Kelly.

I suspect if it was the case they would have altered the F/S rules.

Yep, I agree. Still my first stop once I get a time machine, followed by Mark Brayshaw.

was thinking McCarthy, but that was before Tarrant and Curran had another year in rehab and may have seemed like madness at the time.

Really hope Dumont dominates, he may well free up other players for a trade in which value is added elsewhere. Is there a spot with Basti, Cunners, Swallow, Ziebs, Greenwood, Gibson? Pace and footskills of that group is eerily similar. Ziebell the only one i'd back from outside 50 with any sort of regularity. Field kicking wise, they can get the job done, but do they get it done at the level required to cut teams up, to create opportunity with creativity? There are elite traits in that group, but there are elite traits that are also lacking unfortunately.

Dumont ain't quick shame, as that would be one way to break in to the midfield group with ease without pushing someone else out.

How far down the hypothetical hole do we want to go?
Got all day mate,

Say they invented a different way to water football fields...

Say BBQ's weren't an aussie tradition...

If we didn't trade out draft picks for duds, how would our team look right now...

Imagine Kelly and Brayshaw made it to 100 games...

Was thinking that Andrew could've tried a little bit harder to talk to his brother about coming to....

Really think my post way back about Hamish, Grima and a pick for Omeara could've got the job done.

What ever happened to McKernan and Lisle?

What if, Aayden Kennedy never did his knee?

was thinking McCarthy, but that was before Tarrant and Curran had another year in rehab and may have seemed like madness at the time.

Really hope Dumont dominates, he may well free up other players for a trade in which value is added elsewhere. Is there a spot with Basti, Cunners, Swallow, Ziebs, Greenwood, Gibson? Pace and footskills of that group is eerily similar. Ziebell the only one i'd back from outside 50 with any sort of regularity. Field kicking wise, they can get the job done, but do they get it done at the level required to cut teams up, to create opportunity with creativity? There are elite traits in that group, but there are elite traits that are also lacking unfortunately.

Dumont ain't quick shame, as that would be one way to break in to the midfield group with ease without pushing someone else out.

Best bet is probably trying to find a spot on half-forward or half-back, I think they've been playing him a bit half-forward in the VFL? But don't quote me on it. I think he'll get a chance soon enough though breaking into the side permanently might be a ways down the track.

In the unlikely chance we wind up trading someone out this year it'd be great to try and grab a higher pick and grab Jarrod Pickett to give us some speed. That's obviously a very unlikely scenario though, only thing I can see is something like Levi decides to go home and we trade him and our first for Adelaide's first. And we all love Levi so hopefully that doesn't happen (we'd probably baulk at the table and just trade him for a second rounder anyway).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TwentyNine

the need for speed is strong on this one.

hqdefault.jpg

Best bet is probably trying to find a spot on half-forward or half-back, I think they've been playing him a bit half-forward in the VFL? But don't quote me on it. I think he'll get a chance soon enough though breaking into the side permanently might be a ways down the track.

In the unlikely chance we wind up trading someone out this year it'd be great to try and grab a higher pick and grab Jarrod Pickett to give us some speed. That's obviously a very unlikely scenario though, only thing I can see is something like Levi decides to go home and we trade him and our first for Adelaide's first. And we all love Levi so hopefully that doesn't happen (we'd probably baulk at the table and just trade him for a second rounder anyway).

Do you mean Jarrod Pickett the pill munching knife fighter from WA? Will never get drafted mate...

;)

I wouldnt touch that trade with a ten foot pole. We give away Levi to move half a dozen picks for an unknown quantity?

I wouldnt touch that trade with a ten foot pole. We give away Levi to move half a dozen picks for an unknown quantity?

Agreed, if we must lose Levi (and i hope we dont) id really prefer it to be part of a trade for one of their guns Danger or Talia. Possibly including our 1st and Dumont/McKensie.

If it was straight picks id want their 1st for Levi and our 3rd at worst.

I wouldn't go around offering it to Adelaide, no. Personally I wouldn't trade players at all, unless they actually want to go elsewhere. I'm talking about a scenario in which Levi, who is uncontracted, says "I want to go home to SA", and we're forced to either trade him or lose him to the draft. In that case, and that case only, is it the kind of trade I think would be worth considering. I don't think it's much of a chance of happening, haven't heard anything to suggest Levi is homesick, it's just about the most plausible scenario I can imagine us getting a high pick from.

Agreed, if we must lose Levi (and i hope we dont) id really prefer it to be part of a trade for one of their guns Danger or Talia. Possibly including our 1st and Dumont/McKensie.

So would I but I'm trying to be realistic. Even our first and two players would not get close to either of those two, even in the highly unlikely scenario that they'd be on the table at all.

So would I but I'm trying to be realistic. Even our first and two players would not get close to either of those two, even in the highly unlikely scenario that they'd be on the table at all.

Our 1st, Greenwood and Dumont is something id consider a pretty worthy offer.

Maybe its club bias kicking in for me though.

Our 1st, Greenwood and Dumont is something id consider a pretty worthy offer.

Maybe its club bias kicking in for me though.

Carlton traded pick 3 and JJK, himself a former pick 4, to get Judd - and Danger is around that class of player, if not quite there. I doubt he'd be traded for a "worthy offer" - it'd take a huge amount to budge, especially when you consider what the other VIC clubs would offer. I'm sure Melbourne would gladly put something like Pick 2 & Trengrove on the table which would blow us out of the water in seconds.

It MIGHT be closer to Talia but I don't think he's any chance of being traded whatsoever. Would be an awesome get for us if it was the case but just don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back