List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agree with that...the exact type we needed.

When looking at our list it is extremely Vanilla...not much flair or speed there. I would be keen to take this Cockatoo kid just on what I am reading. He seems to have heaps of natural talent but it also sounds like he is a hard worker. Those comparing it to Tambling it is very different using a pick for to a pick 12. I think we need to take some risks with the draft because for us to get close to a flag we are going to need to pull another STAR from a pick 12.

If it doesn't come off then so be it.

From what Dan Richardson said it sounds like we are going another inside mid with pick 12 and then targeting speed with 33. I would prefer to target speed at 12 for quality and then target grunt at 33.

I heard that as well this morning, in saying that, I haven't read much on the draft for this year, who would be the inside midfielder at pick 12? Would it be Duggan?

Would reach for the utensil at 12 for sure, we need to take a risk on this kid, got serious upside

there are some decent inside mids that will be available at 33 imo

What's his inside game like... does he win contested ball?
Personally think he's more inside than out. He's a beast but not the best kick going around which is why I don't think we'd take him first round. Bit of a poor man's Dangerfield. Not as big or beastly or as good forward.

Personally think he's more inside than out. He's a beast but not the best kick going around which is why I don't think we'd take him first round. Bit of a poor man's Dangerfield. Not as big or beastly or as good forward.

I think hes abit of a blend of inside and outside from what ive seen, bit like danger as you said. Kid is so young, ceiling is huge i rekon. We wont take him at 12, but i rekon we should take a punt.

I Want Caleb Daniel at Richmond sooooooooooo much! I dont care about his height kid is a jet, Duggan and Daniel please

Agreed, would be looking at him for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has it been made public who we had from the academy at the club ie: like Lennon last year?
yeh it was Ryan Lim from Claremont, went to the opening training session we had the week he was there. Wore #50 on the track, has slipped off the earth but will be a diamond in the rough I think at the back end of the draft

Would Toby Mclean last until our 3rd pick?
I had him pick 43 to Adelaide, too high for pick 33, anything inside the first 2 rounds or before pick 39 is a reach for him

I actually think he is a bit more outside than inside, Whilst he can play inside he isnt really that great. He does some freaky things and extracts the ball on occasions you think - how the hell did he do that but his strengths are more run and carry and breaking the lines, Some times too much but will learn to dispose of it quicker with experience. Alot actually dont know that he turns 18 next week.

I know that there are some people who believe he's a Dangerfield type player but i honestly think that he is more a Delidio type with abit more run and carry in his game and almost exactly the same size and build - Perfect Grigg replacement . Get the ball on HB run 20-30 mtrs and Deliver to FF/CHF

But i have no doubt that his inside game is there and will build that to a much higher level, I was wishing /hoping that he would be there at our 2nd round selection but now im sure he will be gone by the doggies 2 picks but probably Norths #16 as they do rate him

Ben Cavara for a rookie spot?
Seriously could be the next Miles.
Simular style player.
Good kid as well. Im mates with his brother. He was Vic Metro captain in 2013 as well.
Unlucky to get passed on last year.
Exectly the sort of player the rookie list is made for.

Rookie spot for sure. He is little though and the fact is that will hurt him at AFL level. He should get a shot though whether it be at Richmond or another AFL club next year.

I want to pick up Alex Neal-Bullen. I reckon he will be start with a bit of development. Unfortunately 13 is probably a bit of a reach but I don't think he will be there by our second round pick.

He is a pacy inside mid with decent foot skills. He would really add to Miles, Conca and Cotchin next year.

This is a fairly significant point. I reckon you've almost convinced me he's worth the punt at 12 :)
Im 90% sure that we wont take Cockatoo with #12 though, He is not the FJ type for our 1st round selection and we will probably go for our usual vanilla type mid that average pace and plays mainly inside with good disposal - But is of good character as we are trying to get our choir boys to sing in unison

Heres a quote from Dan Richardson
"He said Richmond would aim to add a classy midfielder with pick 12 in next month’s draft and recruit some outside speed with later picks."

This board is going to implode if cockatoo goes 11. As a non draftee follower, I can't remember so much hype about one 10+ prospect

If he goes at 11 i actually wouldnt mind that much , At least we wouldt have missed a gun player if he happens to become a Gun ofcourse
What would kill me is isf we pass on him and Kangaroo's take him with #16 and He becomes a Gun (Fyffe) (Buddy) (Parker)

Im pretty sure that unless Cockatoo is available at our 2nd pick #33 we will pass on him with our #12 selection - Im thinking it will be Liam Duggan we will take provided the draft order goes the way everybody expects it to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back