List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't sure where else to post this...

Saw Conca today at a bar near the top of Lygon st in Brunswick East. He was by himself sitting near the door with an empty glass (froffy) and wasn't looking too happy. Saddened me... has to be something to do with the reported move West that didn't happen.

Saw Conca today at a bar near the top of Lygon st in Brunswick East. He was by himself sitting near the door with an empty glass (froffy) and wasn't looking too happy. Saddened me... has to be something to do with the reported move West that didn't happen.
Should have sidled up next to him and let him know how his BF buddies rate him and that we are looking forward to him ripping it up in 2015
Then bought him a beer and let him fill you in on the gos

Should have sidled up next to him and let him know how his BF buddies rate him and that we are looking forward to him ripping it up in 2015
Then bought him a beer and let him fill you in on the gos

I should have uh. Only saw him on my way out the door and didn't want to look like a fool doubling back lol.

Sure he was sitting ? Also sought of *s the strictly fitness , healthy dedicated off season theory .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has it been confirmed that Miles will be added to the list proper ? Funnier things have happened , like Orren and Thomas being upgraded in preference to Miles this year
Yeah he's already signed the contract

Don't agree at all with needs. We need more than one midfielder. And the last thing we need is another KPF. Try again.

Well, we have a 2 time Coleman medallist.... and a bloke who has now played 10 decent games in his career (Griff), the most maligned player at the club in TV and the world's tallest crumbing forward who is yet to play a game in McBean.... 1 injury to JR and we look very very suspect in that area....

Small forwards and defenders are an urgent need

Mids we definitely need but maybe more outside speed than inside right now....

I love the way you completely dismissed another poster's opinion without an actual comment about our KPF stocks.... You are winning the internet :rolleyes:

I reckon Spina could be worth a crack but you have to ask why did they get cut after 1 year.

It does seem a bit odd. Having read some of the comments on their delistings on the crows board, most of the comments were generally saying they were a bit unlucky. Whenever i watched the replays of the adelaide games, they generally played well. So maybe it is an attitude problem or something else like that.

Probably way off the mark, but really liking the looks of Connor Blakely as a likely Richmond style pick.. There are plenty of inside mids that rack up possies, but most of them just pass off to someone in just as hot a position as they are. Blakely repetitively hits the inside ball at pace, can't be knocked off his feet, seems to find time and has the vision to actually hit moving targets on the outside with his inside disposals.. He looks a Mitchell type with his outside possessions finding good options with measured kicks. Has played all season against men as well and done very well. Certainly would fit our competitiveness profile. The WA team wasn't very strong, but he was a standout I would have thought.

Last edited:
tWj8heT.jpg

12. L Weller, L Duggan, P Ahern
33. C Blakely, J Garlett, C Smith, J Nelson
52. Lonie, T Miller, Wilkinson, Langdon
70 Lim, Hamilton, Dear
These would be my preferred picks in the draft.

wouldn't Weller be a near certainty to go to the Gold Coast at 8. I'm sure they would be very keen to recruit a local lad

I have made up my mind , Im reasonably certain that the players i really wanted will not be available at our selection with maybe the exception of Weller which i really doubt also, Teams are going for quality talls which there is a few but then the mids are the gems that will be taken.
Patracca,Brayshaw,McCartin,Wright,Lever,Pickett,Leverde,Ahern,Moore,Weller,Durdin are the expected Top 11 and would be suprised if any team pulls a Conca TBH. So our selection is out of the next lot Duggan,De Goey,Langford,Marchbank,Lamb.

I would really like to know Why people dont see Nakia Cockatoo as a legitimate 1st round selection, This kid is exactly the type of player we need and fits the character requirments as well.

Born : 23.10.1996, 188cm, 86kg - This Kid Turns 18 next week , Yes thats correct is 9 months younger than Brayshaw/Patracca so he is effectively 1 year behind them as far as development goes, He probably has another 2-3 cm of growth left and is extremely powerfully built

Speed, Agility,Leap, Dual sided Kicking skills and excellent kick , Great reader of the ball , Fantastice to coach and Determined to succeed at afl level

Just some quotes from Emma Quayles article last week

" Powerfully built medium forward/midfielder with elite step through traffic. His initial speed out of the contest creates separation on his opponents. Uses the ball with precision on either side of the body and can impact the scoreboard when he pushes forward. Suffered stress fracture in foot causing him to miss the NAB AFL under-18 championships after impressing in 2013."

"He's pretty versatile. He does his homework and he looks after himself really well, he prides himself on working hard on his skills and training hard and being a student of the game. He's very coachable because of all that work he does, he wants to make sure he understands exactly how the coach wants him to play. He's the sort of kid who is always looking out for his family and his mates, he couldn't play in the nationals becuase of his foot injury but he supported the other players and spoke up in team meetings and said 'you blokes need to do this and this,' and ran water and helped in any way he could. He started back training at the end of June and that was modified until August, but he's done everything right with his rehab and he's in good shape now. I think he'll test well, his fitness is looking pretty good. He's a utility type player who could play forward, back or on a wing, and he loves the competitive stuff. At a pinch you could almost play him on a tallish forward and get him running off them. He respects people and is just a really mannered, good kid."

If this kid was playing all year and wasnt injured would be a top 3-5 selection, Pick #12 Is certainly worth taking a risk, But i dont think its actually is a Risk

FRANCIS JACKSON , BLAIR HARTLEY , LUKE WILLIAMS , DAMIEN HARDWICK , BRENDON GALE , MARK WILLIAMS - You really need to consider this kid as he is a massive talent and is exactly what we need and want at Richmond Football Club

The way you've written this up Gun he's exactly the type we'd go after.

The way you've written this up Gun he's exactly the type we'd go after.

He is exactly the Type of player we need but like i mentioned im pretty sure that there is no way we will take him with #12 as he is not the type of player Richmond under FJ takes - High Risk High Reward, But if he was available at #33 we may consider him (highly doubt he will still be there)

Kangaroo's or Doggies will have him with their mid 20's picks i believe, And if developed properly really see him becoming a very very good player

I believe it will be out of Duggan,Ahern,De Goey at #12 - My money will be on Duggan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back