List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone will hate Ellis until they watch him play. I've managed to get some tape of him and he is a smooth mover (the dom tyson comparisons are not wrong) and has a very developed contested game and I think he will become a favourite. I probably have him ahead of Weller now because i think he has more scope for improvement.
Tend to agree with the scope for improvement.

IMO our 2,3,4 picks are more important that our 1st.
Totally agree with this, we just can't afford to get these wrong. Otherwise the future will be a big struggle, with the like's of GWS & the Suns coming into the right age bracket in the next few years. Also the fact the top teams continue to attract the better free agents that are available to their teams.

after watching Wingard in the IRS game last night i want weller. Wingard didn't do much but whenever he was near the ball something just happened. i want that excitement/x factor in our side (but then who doesn't). if Wright is there and we take him, worst case it gives us good currency at trade time next year.

Yep agree, he will also slot in quickly which rightly or wrongly I think is a priority for the club. Could easily play round 1 as a competitive rebounding defender with damaging disposal. Could see him cementing a spot before Lennon through better competitiveness. I think he already has Houli's and Griggs measure. I'm sold he will be a player, no doubt, its just a question of his ceiling.

Its hard to understand why we might overlook Weller at 12, as he does look to be a game breaker with possibly more upside. Maybe they see Ellis as safer and would contribute more quickly? Maybe Ellis has the edge in coachability? Dimmer will be coaching for his job over the next 1-2 years, and as a supporter I want short term improvement as well.

I have started to look on Weller more favourably of late, particularly when I heard the speculation surrounding Scott Selwood. Under this scenario the sublime pace and skills of Weller would be the better compliment.

I think Wright, Lever and Durdin should be taken if you were strictly looking at best available. But the dimension that blurs debate is time. Best available for when and for how long will you get the peak? If the club is looking for a short term injection of quality a midfielder is the go.
I also feel a player who can have an impact from day 1 is important...but knowing the coach's opinion of Grigg & Houli we can expect them to play every game they're available.

One wing & The 3 or 4 small forward positions are more up for grabs..so Ellis or Weller both fine by me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to break it to you but who said you represent the supporter majority?

What are the results of the latest surveys?

I am not just talking about draft picks, I am talking about trades and other list decisions relating to values, strategies and more.

If you think a club needs wealthy backers to push out perceived incompetence like at Carlton it is frankly narrow minded!

Are u saying RFC can't win a premiership because we do not have wealthy backers prepared to yield their influence to ensure executives are held accountable for their responsibilities?

How do you know I am not grounded?

BTW in the real world how many bad decisions does it take before an upgrade is made?

Why is JON not playing. He was a top pick. What went wrong? Are we making the same mistakes? What was the result of the last performance audit on the footy dept? Have the issues of the previous review been met?

What KPI's have been met by the footy dept and which ones have not?

Fact is RFC have not earn't a blank cheque from me yet! Off field in general is okay but the footy dept is a worry IMO! So that's the issue I have with the prospectus!

How small is RFC's revenue base due to poor performance over the years? How much money has bad decision cost RFC and its members?

Fact, all stakeholders have not won a premiership for 30+ years.

Why will RFC not win a premiership for another 30 years? Premierships are not gifted out are they?
I didn't say that I represent the majority of supporters. I said that the majority of stakeholders, ie those who have the power, must believe in their professionalism, otherwise they wouldn't be there.

I have no idea why you're bringing up 'wealthy backers' or JON.

Your opinion against professionals. That's what it comes down to.

after watching Wingard in the IRS game last night i want weller. Wingard didn't do much but whenever he was near the ball something just happened. i want that excitement/x factor in our side (but then who doesn't). if Wright is there and we take him, worst case it gives us good currency at trade time next year.

Don't get the Weller to Wingard comparisons?

I didn't say that I represent the majority of supporters. I said that the majority of stakeholders, ie those who have the power, must believe in their professionalism, otherwise they wouldn't be there.u

I have no idea why you're bringing up 'wealthy backers' or JON.

Your opinion against professionals. That's what it comes down to.

The majority of RFC stakeholders are the members and broader supporters. They pay membership ( their stake) and their time(stake) into following RFC. So any professionalism they may have is hardly relevant to the RFC club when their stake is small

As for the rest I believe I cannot help your insight so I will not indulge.

Furthermore, as for another poster talking about RFC or club baggers on big footy, I do not believe their is hardly any club baggers on RFC bigfooty forum! Unless they are a pure trolls most posters love the RFC. IMO, the issue is usually not about the club but perceived elements that they feel are compromising the performance and or health of the club whether it be people, process or whatever. If posters bagged their own club, what's the point other than ones own self indulgence, and such a tact, I imagine, would be fairly lonely! I did not direct a reply to this poster directly because surely such a broad reviewer would pick up this comment in his extensive thread screening.

Last edited:
One thing I liked about Durdin. One poster listed his height at 197.6cm. If accurate that means he us closer to 198cm. With his long arms and leap he should be able to compete in the ruck at AFL level effectively as a ruck part timer to complement his mobile KPP swingman prowess.

Still with the prospect of Lever possibly holding fort as a potential inside mid for RFC as well as high quality KPP back would be absolutely drooling! Can't see him being available though.

Last edited:
http://www.news.com.au/national/afl...r-club-will-pick/story-e6frfkp9-1227132256899

12. RICHMOND

Paul Ahern (Calder Cannons)

H: 181cm W: 77kg

Midfielder/half forward

For all the knocks on Ahern’s consistency, some recruiters think he could wind up close to the best of the crop. The half-forward glides across the field, uses the ball well and creates goals.

The twist: Tigers will grow their band of midfielders here and it’s a nice place to pick off one of the sliders in Ahern or Duggan. Also thinking long and hard on Corey Ellis.

Back to Ahern. Would be pretty happy if we got him.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s-national-draft/story-fnp04d70-1227132202198

11. COREY ELLIS (184cm midfielder)

Inside midfielder who averaged 22 disposals, five clearances and four inside 50s for Western Jets with half his possessions contested.

WE SAY: Could find a home at the Tigers at No.12 while the Saints would love him to slip past Essendon and North Melbourne.

Interesting Championship data rate Ellis at 11 also Ahern at 13. They usually have a pretty good history of picking good players, Lennon was 10 last year and Lewis Taylor ranked 6th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back