List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.....after all this I have rated the players who may be about at our picks in order.

Menadue, Vickers-Willis, R. Mckenzie, Lamb, Cockatoo, Maynard, Evans, D.Mckenzie, Daniel, Webb, Boekhorst, Gore, Drummond, Rainbow, Lonie, Keitel, Glenn, Touk Miller, Wigg.

From that this is what I think is possible and what I'd really like and is a bit different to my closest to pin, I don't think we will take Daniel sadly.

Menadue
Vickers-Willis
Keitel
Webb
Daniel

I would be pretty happy with just about any combination of the above names.

Hopefully every club saw Duggan's doggies love and they just let him slide to pick 26, conceding they will lose him in the future anyway.

If we drafted Clem Smith and Christian Buykx-Smith, we could have a line of:

HB: C. Smith, C. Buykx-Smith, C. Smith

Taken from AFL website:-
There's a question on Smith's fitness, which was underlined by his testing at the combine.

He managed just an 11.12 beep test and ran 12:12 in the three-kilometre time trial, which obviously will need to lift significantly to excel at the next level. His kicking can at times be a little untidy, and his disposal efficiency was 62 per cent at the under-18 championships.

And like most prospects here's a puff piece from The Age:-
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/tradin...und-a-place-to-call-home-20141123-11s6k4.html

I dunno, a lot of marks against him already...still...something about him. Aggression. Playing on the edge. You can't teach that.

nathan brown ran a 13:30 3km in his early post-draft days.

Can we just go balls out to get Duggan next year? I don't think I can handle 5 or so years of Carlisle-esque speculation.

Alternatively, he's still got two hours in which to disgrace himself to the extent that he slides to 26 :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duggan should have pre-planned with the Dogs to light up a ciggie and have a few swigs out of a brown paper bag during that interview, ensuring he dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back