Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A deal for pick 1 between GWS and Saints comes down to how the Saints rate McCartin and Wright, if they see McCartin as having a higher ceiling and we have picks 2 and 3 then they would have to assume we will take McCartin and Brayshaw leaving them with Wright.

They could play hard ball with GWS to see how keen they are to get Petracca.

Yep. I'm no expert on the draft pool and am just going on what I've read about the players, but if GWS are super keen on Petracca, I'd say it almost doesn't matter that McCartin might be the better forward - being in a position to squeeze GWS for a downgrade pick that still gets you one of the best two rated talls in the draft and potentially another very good player or two would be daft to pass up.

A deal for pick 1 between GWS and Saints comes down to how the Saints rate McCartin and Wright, if they see McCartin as having a higher ceiling and we have picks 2 and 3 then they would have to assume we will take McCartin and Brayshaw leaving them with Wright.

They could play hard ball with GWS to see how keen they are to get Petracca.

You'd imagine that GWS would find it pretty easy to get something done - given they have so much quality, and need to cull their list anyway.

Surely Wright/Durdin and a reasonable GWS midfielder is worth more to a rebuilding club than McCartin on his own?

You'd imagine that GWS would find it pretty easy to get something done - given they have so much quality, and need to cull their list anyway.

Surely Wright/Durdin and a reasonable GWS midfielder is worth more to a rebuilding club than McCartin on his own?

Don't know any Dees fans who aren't happy with Salem and Tyson for Kelly. As you say, GWS don't really give a s**t, only want premium talent and have to squeeze a couple more off their list anyway so for a year or two they're uniquely placed to take a bit of a hit at the trade table to get their target(s). All comes down to how highly they rate the top pick of this draft.

Don't know any Dees fans who aren't happy with Salem and Tyson for Kelly. As you say, GWS don't really give a s**t, only want premium talent and have to squeeze a couple more off their list anyway so for a year or two they're uniquely placed to take a bit of a hit at the trade table to get their target(s). All comes down to how highly they rate the top pick of this draft.

I was thinking this as well, surely they would be happy to offload some second round picks and players for premium talent, they dont need 3 kids drafted in the 20's, they are in a position to focus on one player and can take a small loss to get what they want

For instance getting their second round picks for a while should be easy

Had his best game over the weekend apparently. :thumbsu:

He needs to keep it in his pants until after the draft. I don't want to lose our 2nd round pick.

Shellfish Hunt.

Yeah the club would be very keen to have a live pick in the second round, as you're always going to get a couple of players who are probably top 15-20 talents that slip through the cracks due to clubs picking according to needs, etc. It might be the case this year more so than others given how many KPPs there are in the top 30 bracket and how many clubs are keen for one. If someone like Weller or Smith slips to us in the second round it'd be great. Of course on form Billy seems like he's worth that pick anyway so it wouldn't be a huge loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Petracca isn't available to us (which is looking more and more likely by the week), I would not be surprised if we trade out or downgrade both picks.

It's GWS... they draft weird, wouldn't assume they'll take Petracca.

It's GWS... they draft weird, wouldn't assume they'll take Petracca.

They already have strong inside and outside depth on their list

I think the bulldogs should give them Griffen for Pick 1 and one of their fringe talls if they rate whoever the best tall is
The dogs will be fine without him and they desperately need some quality talls to go with their mids

They already have strong inside and outside depth on their list

I think the bulldogs should give them Griffen for Pick 1 and one of their fringe talls if they rate whoever the best tall is
The dogs will be fine without him and they desperately need some quality talls to go with their mids
Would they trade their captain though? I can see the reasoning otherwise.

Would they trade their captain though? I can see the reasoning otherwise.

You would assume that they wouldnt having also lost their 'annointed' captain Ward as well
However if it was me as good as Griffen is a big key forward would be 10x more valuable to the bulldogs

There's also no guarantee we don't rate Brayshaw higher than Petracca anyway.

Can play, definitely does a lot of things better then Petracca - without having the huge x-factor he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back