Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was tongue in cheek.

I just dislike this dumbing down of sport that seems to occur these days. Cricket at junior level now is pretty much a participation sport and in the vein of the 'No Child Left Behind' policy. The standard is amazingly bad and in no way prepares a junior for senior cricket.

I take it you're not and advocate for the 'no scoring' idea for the under 12's and below?

CHILDREN will be banned from playing to win, keeping score and best and fairest awards under Australia-wide changes to junior football developed by the AFL.

Thousands of junior footballers in up to 150 leagues will be forced to play with no scoreboard, ladders or match results under the shake-up designed to promote participation rather than competition.

I take it you're not and advocate for the 'no scoring' idea for the under 12's and below?

Sounds a daft idea to me. There is nothing wrong with playing to win. Administrators are turning sports into hobbies - all they care about is the number of kids playing. They'd prefer a team of 35 kids where 10 go missing every weekend for Wiggles concerts, to watch monster trucks, learn interpretive dance etc to 25 kids in a squad committed to playing seriously and bettering themselves every week.

I see the reasons for doing it, but it's still ******* absurd. Does more harm than good

They already do it for the Auskick kids I think - but they're practically babies.

A young boy needs to learn how to cope with losing, and be gracious in victory.

I don't mind the under 18 rules around no flooding etc, but this idea was stupid.

This is what happens when women get opinions

Whenever I hear about some rule change like this or every kid having to bowl 2 overs by the 25 over mark of a cricket match etc, I can't help but think Fat Little Johnny McNotVeryGood's mum got herself elected to the ruling body to ensure her pride and joy was afforded his due position. Every child deserves as much of a go as kids' more talented than them and no child should ever have to lose. Life preparation at its finest.

Whenever I hear about some rule change like this or every kid having to bowl 2 overs by the 25 over mark of a cricket match etc, I can't help but think Fat Little Johnny McNotVeryGood's mum got herself elected to the ruling body to ensure her pride and joy was afforded his due position. Every child deserves as much of a go as kids' more talented than them and no child should ever have to lose. Life preparation at its finest.
Is it any wonder kids finish school before they realise that they are not the greatest person that ever lived? Up until then there has no-one will the pills to say otherwise, and bullshit like not keeping score just continues this. Losers need to know they are losers.

It's just basic s**t, if you never lose you never need to get better
You never need to deal with uncomfortableness or with pain
If you never find out what you suck at you will never learn what your good at

The younger you learn that losing is apart of life and learn to deal with it as a motivation the better you will be

My junior footy the first few years were losses after losses but I still enjoyed it
By the time I started winning it was 10x better than I imagined

I'm not sure I would have played as a kid if there was no winner because what motivation do you have to work hard

McCartin told not to expect to slide past 3 in the draft.
Selected at 4.
Dies of shock.
Yep, think we will take Brayshaw and McCartin with picks 2/3. The Boyd contract is a warning to all clubs that you cannot have enought KPF. Would anticapate huge offers from the WA clubs for Hogan in acouple of years too.
Load up on mids next year, the draft will be loaded with mids and many elite FA players may move. Also expect to gain Lovitt Jnr (mid) with FS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gysberts and Tapscott were after Blease and Strauss.

We also took Cook (shudder), but he wasnt a mid.

Not sure if Salem sneaks in to that range at pick 9?

Gysberts and cook were both 12 of I recall

I'm talking the 18-30 range so tappy would be the last
But yeah if you wanna add cook I was meaning midfielders not stick forwards

Ah, the good old Melbourne Football Factory, turning potential stars into lemons! Sorry, but that's how it looks from outside :-(
Don't worry about Melbourne, whilst we've had fabulous success later in the draft we haven't nailed a first round pick in about ten years, we can turn any first rounder into a spud in no time! We should always trade out our first rounder.

Ah, the good old Melbourne Football Factory, turning potential stars into lemons! Sorry, but that's how it looks from outside :-(

Do_i_see_a_troll.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back