News 2014 Geelong guernseys and apparel - new 'premiership guernsey' to be worn in Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

906152_597033926999939_1199256961_o.jpg

This is the first clash guernsey I've truly liked. Passes the 'six year old could draw it'/'grandma could knit it' rules and achieves its purpose.

How the hell is that a clash guernsey?
I'd be happy for them to wear the just think tops as a clash guernsey to be honest.

I dont think they'll ever do it though.

How the hell is that a clash guernsey?
I'd be happy for them to wear the just think tops as a clash guernsey to be honest.

I dont think they'll ever do it though.

It is a clash guernsey.

There is a big difference between this:
303058.jpg

and this:

300370.jpg

The stripe in the second picture there is a lighter shade of blue rather than white you post... very different IMO.

I really like a darker top as an away strip but if I have to put up with the one you posted I'll cope.

But really given that we, along with the Dees, formed the bloody competition it should be other clubs that change their strip not us. Age before youth!

The stripe in the second picture there is a lighter shade of blue rather than white you post... very different IMO.

I really like a darker top as an away strip but if I have to put up with the one you posted I'll cope.

But really given that we, along with the Dees, formed the bloody competition it should be other clubs that change their strip not us. Age before youth!

Well we would only wear it in away games against North (zero to one per year) and in some preseason games. I like the fact we wear our home guernsey in both home and away matches otherwise.

New jumper has been confirmed... cats twitter account has posted a pic of new 2014 gear at the cats shop..
1 of the staff members was holding the jumper in the photo

I tweeted asking if that was the new office clash strip and they replied saying 'yep that's the one'

The clash guernsey will be the same shade as it used to be, or the same shade as the home guernsey?

Ah I see what you are saying. You think the blues are different on each guernsey. You might be right in the design there, except I would be surprised if that is so as then they would not match well with the shorts (which I assume will be standard).

Ah I see what you are saying. You think the blues are different on each guernsey. You might be right in the design there, except I would be surprised if that is so as then they would not match well with the shorts (which I assume will be standard).

I always thought the clash guernsey has been a different shade of blue anyway?

Certainly looks darker, if these design mock ups are anything to go by...

1468818_10202764332609027_1053695517_n.jpg

It would make sense for it to be darker, taking it further away from the North Melbourne blue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it, simple but keeps the 'Geelong' blue and white hoops for clash matches, nice one.

Does anyone know if the AFL has grown some balls yet and got Collingwood to make a clash jumper?

Love it, simple but keeps the 'Geelong' blue and white hoops for clash matches, nice one.

Does anyone know if the AFL has grown some balls yet and got Collingwood to make a clash jumper?

Collingwood has one and it is one of the best in the competition.

Collingwood has one and it is one of the best in the competition.
Yeah just googled it, quite like it. Was just thinking back to that whole fiasco v North Melbourne a few years back where North wore their clash jumper at their home game

I always thought the clash guernsey has been a different shade of blue anyway?

Certainly looks darker, if these design mock ups are anything to go by...

1468818_10202764332609027_1053695517_n.jpg

It would make sense for it to be darker, taking it further away from the North Melbourne blue.
Wouldnt read too much into a mock up....Just need to see what SJ tweeted the other week about to 'two blue' clash to see the mockup doesn't always matter...

it will be the same blue

It's still horrid.
Cats and Pies should be ashamed of themselves.

A slight guernsey change is not a clash jumper.
Never understood this fanatical approach to having one set of club colours.

It's still horrid.
Cats and Pies should be ashamed of themselves.

I slight guernsey change is not a clash jumper.
Never understood this fanatical approach to having one set of club colours.
It's an interesting mentality we have here isn't it...

The biggest football (soccer) teams in the world like Man U and Barcelona make huge money and huge changes to their clash strip each year... and everyone embraces it... we can't handle it if something is slightly different.

FWIW I just want our clash jumper to look good... could be orange with the just think campaign and could look brilliant... that said I'm happy with this one as well

Man Utd actually need a clash strip, though.
Don't they have a black one... with a blue V thing...

Mind you i am basing this on a few year old version of FIFA :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back