Mod. Notice 2014 Grand Final ticketing buy/swap/sell thread - only for Hawthorn members and supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Busy this morning so missed the damn club on-sale. Got some decent tickets in the public on sale - anyone know if M54 is around any member dedicated areas? Would prefer to be amongst fellow Hawkers.

Cheersquad is M33, so I would imagine you'll be amongst friends.. (I hope for your sake you are!)
I think when you choose Hawthorn member allocation, you'll be ok.

I don't like buying online because I can never choose where I want to sit.
I usually just go into Crown, and line up at the Ticketek outlet there.
Got there at around 6:00am today, and was 4th in line.
Had my tickets in hand by 9:10am, for M34, Row A.
Happy as a pig in s**t! :)

Well done.

I remember lining up in 2008 for the Bulldogs and Got M51 Row A ( next to Harf who was doing special comments).

Did it again against the Saints in the same year ... reckon I would have been 15th in the queue, and my brother was able to get tickets online even before I made it to a register. Too many idiots not knowing where they wanted to sit when they got to the window.

Straight onto the website this year, Level N, Row B on the wing within 2 minutes!

Busy this morning so missed the damn club on-sale. Got some decent tickets in the public on sale - anyone know if M54 is around any member dedicated areas? Would prefer to be amongst fellow Hawkers.

They usually allocate the bays alternately; one for us, one for the evil opposition. I was offered both M50 and M52 this morning so I am thinking M54 will be a Hawthorn bay.

Oh dear... sounds like you might be in enemy territory after all 89Adopter (apologies for the bum steer :oops: )

Haha - oh well - will make it more fun in a victory. That'll teach me for missing the members on-sale time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha - oh well - will make it more fun in a victory. That'll teach me for missing the members on-sale time!

Last year at the Prelim we were at the very back of the seating area and had I had a loud mouthed Geelong supporter in the standing room area in my ear all night. I am very non-confrontational but when we won I turned around to give him a dirty look... he had vanished into thin air :confused: o_O ;)

Last year at the Prelim we were at the very back of the seating area and had I had a loud mouthed Geelong supporter in the standing room area in my ear all night. I am very non-confrontational but when we won I turned around to give him a dirty look... he had vanished into thin air :confused: o_O ;)

My members seats are in a always half-full area right near an opposition standing area - almost always out-voiced by the drunkest/dickiest of opposition fans. I'm ready for the worst of Geelong.

I often use the mobile website on my desktop, not as busy, no queue to get in like the main website and have never had any problems.
According to my brother that's how he got our tickets (front row N56), although more through chance than anything: "Success boys, at last!! … after having Ticketek open in 4 different browser types on 3 different devices on 2 different ISP’s".

He also got hit with the inexplicable screen refresh mid-purchase. Honestly, after this long, you'd think they'd have the process sorted.

It won't sell that well due to the Friday night issue. Quite a few cats fans I know from down the coast are staying away as it means they will get home at about midnight or even after that. Will be pretty poorly attended by Geelong members.

However the neutral areas (MCC and AFL members) will probably be chockers if it's a nice night. I know about a dozen neutrals who will be attending.

Crowd will be around 75K I'd say.

It won't sell that well due to the Friday night issue. Quite a few cats fans I know from down the coast are staying away as it means they will get home at about midnight or even after that. Will be pretty poorly attended by Geelong members.

However the neutral areas (MCC and AFL members) will probably be chockers if it's a nice night. I know about a dozen neutrals who will be attending.

Crowd will be around 75K I'd say.

Soft. (Mildly kidding, of course) I live in Geelong and would still attend the game even if it finished after 1am! ;)

AFL360 reported last night that there were about 27,000 tickets remaining for the game. I'm assuming that means outside of those that will be available to AFL members and the MCC.

It won't sell that well due to the Friday night issue. Quite a few cats fans I know from down the coast are staying away as it means they will get home at about midnight or even after that. Will be pretty poorly attended by Geelong members..

Weak. I fail to say how getting home at midnight on a Friday night is a deterrent.

How hard can it be to have an option to just put in a section and get a ticket ?

That way youd be straight in and out and not jamming up the thing refusing five or so times till you get one you half like

How hard can it be to have an option to just put in a section and get a ticket ?

That way youd be straight in and out and not jamming up the thing refusing five or so times till you get one you half like
Yeah this shits me as well.
Even if they let you pick the level and grandstand it would be so much easier and not overload the system.
And this best available thing is bs. They think best available is level 2 but I want level 1. Have to keep rejecting level 2 seats until they move on to level 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back