Injury 2014 injury news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

2 rules of thumb in footy.

premierships are won in september, you need your best squad fit and firing come finals

balanced with

you cant win the premiership from outside the top 4

its a fine line, and can only really be gauged in retrospect.

sometimes you have to take chances, other times you gotta play the percentages.

you back the expertise of the coaching staff and hope the panic button doesnt have to be utilized

Sam Reid........ his injury still listed as TBC, any idea.......if 2 is 4-6, what the hell is TBC?

Not sure what TBC is an acronym for but with an achilles I will be kind on the club here. You really just don't know. Been there and done one of them personally and it simply took what it took and all you could do was wait. Each one is peculiar to itself. One thing I do know from my doc was he was adamant if I in any way rushed it I could stuff it for a very very long time so i can only surmise this will be a extra cautious rehab.

Sam Reid........ his injury still listed as TBC, any idea.......if 2 is 4-6, what the hell is TBC?
Should be similar to Jetta's 1 week injury last year

Jack's been rumoured to have been playing with broken ribs.
Foolish selection by the coaches if true as he has been a shadow of himself.
If true then Longmire is utterly desperate, doing everything he can, and still getting smashed.

seeing rok, lrt & shaw looking a little slow. i have some concerns about how goodes will return. he's been out for a long time, and hasnt had continuity in his game for an even longer period.

i know he's a different class to those mentioned above, but he lost a yard of pace last time he came back, add a few more months to the clock and i dont know, he definitely wont be the same goodes pre injury.

weve got some.serious concerns

If true then Longmire is utterly desperate, doing everything he can, and still getting smashed.
Someone at the ground said when he changed his jumper on the weekend that he had padding around his ribs, weather its true or not who knows but not taking aim at him but it really doesn't seem like the normal Jack.

Someone at the ground said when he changed his jumper on the weekend that he had padding around his ribs, weather its true or not who knows but not taking aim at him but it really doesn't seem like the normal Jack.
This along with he had a bout of Glandular fever over the break, then his crook back, and he's still playing, says something about his character, what a champion... But I'd sooner if true, he rests, Parker has stood up big time and time for some others to follow suit, Joey is Joey, always quality, but now is time for others to jump a level or two, starting with our other co-captain McVeigh, I'd put him back across the back line and punt on youth and speed in the middle, we are very pedestrian in there at the minute, I'd almost roll the dice and start Jetta in some centre square contests, one or two fast breaks will make a difference and put the opposition on the back foot,

It would be too hard in there for Jetta
Yeah first thing I thought about, but with the grunt of KJ,Joey & Parker, my thought would be I'd back them to get the hard ball, with a quick fire release to Jetta just to take off, or big kick down forward,leaving no time for opposition to push back, then if they do flood back, lower the eyes and hit up someone shorter..
Just looking to mix it up, but also get where you are coming from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's good enough from the club that we don't know the full extent of the injury to Reid (or do we & I have missed something).

I never used to worry too much about injury news & how long a player would be out etc, but that's OK when we are performing on field.

Supporters want reasons as to why something may be happening on field.
For example, we won the flag in 2005 & in 2012 because of the Bloods culture where our boys never gave up & fought it out to the end..................we were told.
So now in 3 out of 3 games at home in front of our home crowd we have given up in the last Qs in each of those matches.

I'm not interested in any in fighting news, as this is an injuries news thread so how about it Swans. What injuries are restricting some our players from fighting games out to the end this year when challenged by the opposition on our own turf?
Who is carrying what injury? Tell us & we may be a little more sympathetic.

Otherwise the rumours start up again.
You know, something along the lines of.......................... Buddy & ROK got in a punch up prior to round 1 & K Jack stepped in to break it up but unfortunately walked into a ROK right hook to the mid section of Buddy but KJ took the hit in his ribs, breaking them forcing him to be a surprise late withdrawal from round 1, creating more ill feeling between ROK, Buddy & their team mates.

Cut the secretive injury news Swans. It's not like Reid's on two strikes or something hey?:eek:

Titch is Tom Mitchell. It is how SCers an DTers refer to him. I thought it was the same here. My bad.

So any news? I read on another forum he injured it during the Adelaide game. It would explain why his numbers have been so low in his second year when so many expected him to show natural improvement. Also may be completely wrong.

Some injuries like shoulders I can understand so your opponents cant go for it, but hammies and ankles there is no advantage keeping it secret

if you know your opponent has done an ankle you move laterally and they probably wont be able to get you.

ribs and they'll work your body over.

etc etc

it'd be nice for fans to know, but its detrimental to the team/player so im happy for the club to play their cards close to their chest.

just trust that when the players are ready to return they'll be named in the squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back