Injury 2014 Injury Tracker

Remove this Banner Ad

Still says 4-8 weeks away but I doubt itll be that long. He's been in full training for weeks and from all reports is the focal point of our forward drills (which is an issue in itself). Coupled with the extra sessions hes been doing and I think itll be 4 weeks tops.

My guess is that the club will announce him at the very last minute to dull the mass hysteria itll create. My guess too from a marketing POV it would be good for him to come back in a 'low drawing' game.
Round 7 Vs Melbourne at Adelaide Oval. Give him 2 weeks being SANFL rounds 3 & 4 which are Vs Centrals and then Glenelg on a Friday night. Game against Melbourne is a Saturday so that gives him a full week after Glenelg as recovery plus we have the bye in Round 8.

The way we're going with injuries this season, I'd be tempted to tell Tex to take the rest of the season off. Seriously this has been the worst injury count by round 3 I can remember for any team. By mid season our SANFL team will be the Goodwood Saints.

In all seriousness, the preseason strategy by Sando has failed, he needs to come out and say he got it wrong.

Now he recons smart people are telling him to stick to his guns. Would they be opposition coaches. Maybe they want us to play s**t.

The way we're going with injuries this season, I'd be tempted to tell Tex to take the rest of the season off. Seriously this has been the worst injury count by round 3 I can remember for any team. By mid season our SANFL team will be the Goodwood Saints.
We don't even have the longest injury list in the competition. The AFL's "injury list" was last updated on April 1, so it doesn't take into account new injuries suffered in R3. Officially, our injury list was 7 players. Several teams have longer injury lists - Collingwood have 11, Freo have 13, Geelong have 9.

That said, 6 of the 7 players on our list are "best 22" (Walker, VB, Otten, Lynch, Henderson, Crouch). Many of the players on the other teams' lists are the younger lesser lights. Adelaide don't have the longest injury list - it's not even close - but we may well have the most players missing from our "best 22", a problem which will probably be compounded further with yesterday's injuries.

Was told today, not sure how reliable the person was but they were sober lol, that they put him through game simulation and he went flat out. If this is the case then its no surprise to hear hes had minor hamstring tightness.

Fear not people he will he back soon, the wait is nearly over

Was told today, not sure how reliable the person was but they were sober lol, that they put him through game simulation and he went flat out. If this is the case then its no surprise to hear hes had minor hamstring tightness.

Hopefully it wasn't our team simulation, walker would have been one frustrated man being a forward. ;)

Hopefully it wasn't our team simulation, walker would have been one frustrated man being a forward. ;)

He probably got cold standing in the forward 50 by himself not getting the ball....

After all it is "game simulation"

according to 5AA dangerfield has been getting around on crutches, however was from 5aa so probably not reliable

Looked to have hurt his ankle in the third. The crutches thing is purely to keep weight off for a few days, he'll be good to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Official injury list as of Monday, April 7Scott Thompson (corked thigh) – Test
Mitch Grigg (adductor) – Test
Sam Kerridge (eye) – Test
Jason Porplyzia (corked buttock) – Test
Tom Lynch (shoulder) – 1-2 weeks
Andy Otten (knee) – 1-2 weeks
Brad Crouch (leg) – 4-5 weeks
Taylor Walker (knee) – TBA
Ricky Henderson (leg) – TBA
Nathan van Berlo (Achilles) - TBA

So does that mean Lynch and Otten could return this week?

Do we bring them straight in even though they are under done?

So does that mean Lynch and Otten could return this week?

Do we bring them straight in even though they are under done?

Richard Douglas said in an interview that Tom Lynch should be back this week (assuming he gets through training and the all clear from the doctor), he is pretty excited to be playing again but doesn't know if it will be in the SANFL or AFL.

Richard Douglas said in an interview that Tom Lynch should be back this week, he is pretty excited to be back but doesn't know if it will be in the SANFL or AFL.

Considering we are 0-3 it would be a waste of time for lynch to play SANFL. He is second to none in gut running so he might not be that bad if he comes straight in.

So Otten a chance this week also?

Out of all of these Lynch is probably the most needed (not including Walker). We are missing gut running and people presenting across half forward. He can kick a goal as well. If his shoulder is up to it BRING ON THE GINGER. Absolutely zero reason to come through the SANFL.

Lynch for Pets would be a huge win this week.

Lynch is very fit, will come straight into the AFL side. Also with a shoulder injury his aerobic fitness should still be pretty good

Lynch is very fit, will come straight into the AFL side. Also with a shoulder injury his aerobic fitness should still be pretty good
Lynch was back running laps within a week or so of that injury. He should be able to slot straight back in. Having said that match fitness and being 'game ready' are entirely different matters.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Otten. It was clear last year he had one lame leg and has since he had his knee reco. The latest setback does not sound good at all. Unfortunate because he is such an important player. When we've been murdered on the rebound the last 3 weeks, you could gaurntee he would of got in the way numerous occasions.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Otten. It was clear last year he had one lame leg and has since he had his knee reco. The latest setback does not sound good at all. Unfortunate because he is such an important player. When we've been murdered on the rebound the last 3 weeks, you could gaurntee he would of got in the way numerous occasions.
call bullshit to that, he was one of our best last year. if anything, it was the best year he's had since doing the knee

he was one of our best last year. if anything, it was the best year he's had since doing the knee
I don't disagree,he reads the play, is committed and can pinch hit up forward, play small or tall. but I noticed he struggled in second halfs with his leg, especially wet games.

And i think that there has to be question marks over him improving that leg after this latest injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back