19. Arizona State
20. Kansas State
21. Texas A&M
22. Nebraska
23. North Carolina
24. Missouri
25. Washington

AP have zero clue.

votes for Utah State and Nevada? Sheesh.

And none for San Diego State? Fools.

And Im the iggest BSU homer there is. If I don't have them in my 25, how the **** do they get 10 points?

AP have zero clue.

votes for Utah State and Nevada? Sheesh.

And none for San Diego State? Fools.

And Im the iggest BSU homer there is. If I don't have them in my 25, how the **** do they get 10 points?

pre season polls are just a beauty contest. i think polls are meaningless till about month in to the season when teams have put some wins up and are starting conference play the first few weeks is just about who has the most buzz and talk, and who will ESPN/CBS/Fox spend the most time talking about this week.

Really looking forward to Clemson and Georgia. I think that's the pick of the week. Wisconsin and LSU will also be interesting as I don't really see Wisconsin having a great season. Their record will be impressive as they're playing in the West division of the B1G, but I think they'll get smashed if they find their way to the Big Ten Championship game by Ohio State or Michigan State.

I'm a massive college sports fan, so I'm incredibly keen. I'm not an expert outside of the Big Ten though, so my tips will be average/biased, but I think it'll be Florida State, Oklahoma, Oregon and Michigan State in the playoff. I'm not sure about Oklahoma, but I was in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl earlier this year and they were so impressive.

As a whole there isn't much going on the Big Ten, but this year looks alright. Michigan State and Ohio State are top 10 on talent, Wisconsin and Nebraska and round about that top 15 and teams like Michigan, Penn State and Iowa could battle for a Top 25 spot. Definitely looks a bit better than previous years. As you said though, the Big Ten is a perennial letdown and unfortunately that effects the rankings of teams who aren't Ohio State (like Michigan State last season).

Every year we wait for Nebraska to make its move in the Big10 and every year they start nice but fade late, i dont think Michigan have done enough yet. and i dont trust Ohio State against a top team, i dont like the D there and i think the O is over rated because they put huge numbers on FCS teams and the bottom teams in the Big10. Sparty is the only team i think can handle them selves but only when they can move the ball.

I think ND playing a part ACC schedule will hurt Michigan and Michigan State in terms of a big name OOC win. even though the sex scandal will be the most people talk about ND all season.

i have the big12 just a head of the Big10 this year because i like Baylor and Oklahoma but no conference championship game will hurt them, along with both having cupcake OoC schedules its like a SEC OoC schedule they are playing.

I think this year the Pac-12 will pass the SEC my rankings are
1 Pac-12
2 SEC
3 ACC
4 BigXII
5 Big10
6 MW
7 AAC
8 MAC

Reports around that Braxton Miller has re-injured his throwing shoulder and it could be bad enough that he might miss the whole season. If thats true then I don't think the Buckeyes will be challenging for much. Pretty sure they have not much in the way of QB depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports around that Braxton Miller has re-injured his throwing shoulder and it could be bad enough that he might miss the whole season. If thats true then I don't think the Buckeyes will be challenging for much. Pretty sure they have not much in the way of QB depth.

Didnt think they were contenders any way. but first reports afew hours back had him only missing the first game. so sounds like scans or whatever came back with bad news.

Helps Mich State too

I think it hurts them more than helps them, the Big10 is still down and Ohio State with out Miller hurts them in the voters/selection panel's eyes. there is now a high chance for 1 less quality win on a soft schedule for Sparty.

If they blank the L column they're fine

every year there is talk of is a 1 loss Pac-12 or SEC a better team than a undefeated Big10 or AAC team. but i think the playoffs will be the conference champs from SEC, ACC, Pac-12 and BigXII unless the BigXII fail hard and then it might be a 2nd SEC or Pac-12 team over a Big10 champ unless the big10 mid range teams improves this year

every year there is talk of is a 1 loss Pac-12 or SEC a better team than a undefeated Big10 or AAC team. but i think the playoffs will be the conference champs from SEC, ACC, Pac-12 and BigXII unless the BigXII fail hard and then it might be a 2nd SEC or Pac-12 team over a Big10 champ unless the big10 mid range teams improves this year

I think the Big10 will struggle to get a team into the playoff games this year. I'd love to see a couple of Pac-12 teams in there, but reality is that it's more likely to be two SEC teams. Then again, it is College Football. Who the hell knows whats going to happen. This time last year probably no one thought Jameis Winston was going to come out, not lose a game and win the Heisman.

I think I actually said this last year as well, but i'll say it again. As a Melbourne supporter, I seriously cannot wait for College Football (and NFL) to start up again. A sport that will have my interest every single weekend!

And Miller is out for the season [and prob his college days] after re-injuring his shoulder.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...tate-buckeyes-miss-season-due-shoulder-injury

and thats about it for the Big10's chances of getting a team in the playoffs. But like almost every year it seems to work its self out, like last year it was all about the Buckeyes dont deserve to play in the NCG because of the cupcake schedule and how down the Big10 is, and then they choke. i think it will be the same this season with it coming down till the last few weeks for who becomes the 4th seed.

Michigan State is the only Big 10 team I can see making a serious shot at it. Tell you what, it makes the Oregon vs Michigan State game in Week 2 even more massive. If Michigan St can beat Oregon (which I have them doing) then it improves their resume. Also for Oregon, if they can beat Michigan State it allows for the possibility of a loss later in the season (Stanford, UCLA) to not totally ruin their shot. (Obviously depending on other results).

I think the biggest question that the playoff selection panel will have to face is whether they take any 1 loss teams or just 4 conference champs. Does the Big12 not having a conference championship game hurt them?

watching the Pac-12 preview show on ESPNU reminded me how screwed Stanford are this year it has to be one of the toughest schedules this year
Vs USC in week 2, and a 4 week gauntlet from week 4-7 with @ Washington, @ND, Vs Washington State and then @ Arizona State. Other than Wazzu the other 3 are ranked pre-season. Also have games @ Oregon and @UCLA. I dont think we can win the North but i think we can spoil it for someone, its going to be a huge season.

This years recruiting class is a top 15, i wonder what out D will look like with out Mason as our DC and with the players that have left. and we are replacing 4 starters on the o-line so i hope we can get our chemistry fast. I want to see big things from Barry Sanders this year he should be our #1 back.

According to ESPN power index Stanford have a 6% chance to win, and The Ducks are at 53%

watching the Pac-12 preview show on ESPNU reminded me how screwed Stanford are this year it has to be one of the toughest schedules this year
Vs USC in week 2, and a 4 week gauntlet from week 4-7 with @ Washington, @ND, Vs Washington State and then @ Arizona State. Other than Wazzu the other 3 are ranked pre-season. Also have games @ Oregon and @UCLA. I dont think we can win the North but i think we can spoil it for someone, its going to be a huge season.

This years recruiting class is a top 15, i wonder what out D will look like with out Mason as our DC and with the players that have left. and we are replacing 4 starters on the o-line so i hope we can get our chemistry fast. I want to see big things from Barry Sanders this year he should be our #1 back.

According to ESPN power index Stanford have a 6% chance to win, and The Ducks are at 53%

Can you screw it up for someone else this year please? I'm sick of you guys!

(ftw. I actually think we'll be at 2 losses coming into the Stanford game, but still, screw someone else this year!)

Can you screw it up for someone else this year please? I'm sick of you guys!

(ftw. I actually think we'll be at 2 losses coming into the Stanford game, but still, screw someone else this year!)

I dont think there will be a undefeated team out of the north, and i think its between UCLA, Oregon and Stanford as to who will win. i think USC are still a year or 2 away and i dont think Arizona State will beat UCLA. but the face that UCLA, Stanford and Oregon all play eachother this year it could end up with them all costing eachother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back