51 J. O'Donnell
41 L. Osborne
45 M. Palmer
20 H. Schade
55 J. Stokes
48 S. Tape
21 J. Taylor
14 M. Warnock

...slowly getting our listed players back. :)

GOLD COAST SUNS reserves
Goal Kickers: J. Bowes , J. Goodall , T. Fox
Best Players: , J. Holland , B. Matera , L. Osborne , S. Tape , J. Taylor , T. Murphy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're only playing Ashley, we might be a chance for a win...22 against 1

Hey TheSunGod,

I noticed that the team from Ashley (as you have put it) had 6 inaugural GC-17 players in their side, it sure was great to see these blokes still playing the game and giving your listed and rookie players a lesson in how to play, maybe Guy should have persevered with a few of them, how many wins have your two's had this year? You don't have to be smart or even know who your opposition is and how to give them any respect to work that one out.

Hey TheSunGod,

I noticed that the team from Ashley (as you have put it) had 6 inaugural GC-17 players in their side, it sure was great to see these blokes still playing the game and giving your listed and rookie players a lesson in how to play, maybe Guy should have persevered with a few of them, how many wins have your two's had this year? You don't have to be smart or even know who your opposition is and how to give them any respect to work that one out.

If anyone puts any stock into how well the 2's team's Win/Loss goes, you're judging the performances the wrong way.

I watched the reserves with some interest on Saturday.

In my humble opinion all the listed players performed well. The scoring shots and inside fifties were incredibly weighted in favour of the Hornets.

It was almost guaranteed that the ball would end up back at Aspley's end when the GCS touched the ball more than 3-4 times in a row. The top up kids as hard as they tried absolutely butchered it.

Any GCS supporters who has a shot at the listed players does not understand anything about football. As for the GCS supporter who bagged the boys, my advice is put a sock in it. He was a disgrace and he should of limited his involvement to eating his 8th meat pie.

Maybe we need to look at aligning our reserves with another club like they do in the Vic teams, If we only ever have 9-10 listed players perhaps they should be playing for Southport so at least they play with the same guys each week. Plus it would help cement the bond between the 2 clubs.

Thoughts?

Maybe we need to look at aligning our reserves with another club like they do in the Vic teams, If we only ever have 9-10 listed players perhaps they should be playing for Southport so at least they play with the same guys each week. Plus it would help cement the bond between the 2 clubs.

Thoughts?

I reckon your idea is heaps better than the present model.

Additionally GCS follow the same model as AFL clubs who run their stand alone reserves. They have a "list" of players who chosen to play when they need top up players.

Hey TheSunGod,

Hey Billy,

why-so-serious-dark-knight.gif

Ashley was the joke - 22 guys versus a bloke (or girl) called Ashley ( As Time to Win who I was replying to named them) - given our performances in the twos this year...I was having a dig at the Suns...

Woosh!!!

whoosh_by_medli20-d520mia.gif

Hey Billy,

why-so-serious-dark-knight.gif

Ashley was the joke - 22 guys versus a bloke (or girl) called Ashley ( As Time to Win who I was replying to named them) - given our performances in the twos this year...I was having a dig at the Suns...

Woosh!!!

whoosh_by_medli20-d520mia.gif

TheSunGod,

I got it and yes I must lighten up, my needle point over all of that was, I think their was at least 5 original GC (S) -17's players playing against the GCS Reserves and your 10 listed lads played very ordinary footy (against 22 ordinary 40 hour a week working footy players) and they accepted their fate without compunction - Is it karma that these guys come back to Metricom and like all other sides this year to belt a side every time they have played that should show some sort of a standard in a competition that has been set up for them by the AFL. Some posters on this site have said that judging a reserve side by winning and loosing, is not the way to go and it is not what are they there for, if you accept loosing every week as good and part of the clubs philosophy, then all you do is teach complacency and an acceptance of its OK to lose - WTF at your end of town, winning is everything 4 points are 4 points and you need as many of these as you can get to play finals footy (the last GC Side to play in a final or two in fact was the GC-17) so if its OK to lose at the reserve level, then your club needs a new direction - If your reserves can't play and show their stuff against sides in a 2nd tier AFL competition then they are plainly not good enough to play at the next level. What it tells me is when a top up player gets Best Player for the GCS Reserves two weeks in a row - then your listed and rookie players are either just not trying or they are just not good enough.

TheSunGod,

I got it and yes I must lighten up, my needle point over all of that was, I think their was at least 5 original GC (S) -17's players playing against the GCS Reserves and your 10 listed lads played very ordinary footy (against 22 ordinary 40 hour a week working footy players) and they accepted their fate without compunction - Is it karma that these guys come back to Metricom and like all other sides this year to belt a side every time they have played that should show some sort of a standard in a competition that has been set up for them by the AFL. Some posters on this site have said that judging a reserve side by winning and loosing, is not the way to go and it is not what are they there for, if you accept loosing every week as good and part of the clubs philosophy, then all you do is teach complacency and an acceptance of its OK to lose - WTF at your end of town, winning is everything 4 points are 4 points and you need as many of these as you can get to play finals footy (the last GC Side to play in a final or two in fact was the GC-17) so if its OK to lose at the reserve level, then your club needs a new direction - If your reserves can't play and show their stuff against sides in a 2nd tier AFL competition then they are plainly not good enough to play at the next level. What it tells me is when a top up player gets Best Player for the GCS Reserves two weeks in a row - then your listed and rookie players are either just not trying or they are just not good enough.

BB,
cant agree more with your comments.Well said.!!!

TheSunGod,

It's the reserves mate. Only parents and sad people worry over how the reserves go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back