2014 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Your a dead set ******* ruffles
it was tough contest saturday with no incedents that has given PBC a poor reputation,good to see the current group of PBC players have changed the perception of the club hope it continues when all players are available, they might be a chance in september if they reproduce their best football for 4 qtrs.

I went and had a look at the Palmy v Morningside game, good hard contested footy. Gee there isn't much love between Lakey and Creswell, Palmy were really good but gee wiz Morningside in the last qtr just ruthless.

Must be nice to be able to just 'flick the switch' when in trouble and bang on 10 last quarter goals to end up winning comfortably.

That would worry me more as an opponent than a 6 goal win built gradually over 4 quarters.

think that's taking a bit away from palmy - had a game plan that was pretty effective for first 3 qtrs. wouldn't say mside were complacent - the heat was just really on in the kitchen.

Good education for some of the younger pbc boys who did jobs that 3/4s isn't enough.

find the talk about pbc being thugs funny - sure a few blokes lost there cool in a Cpl of gfs when losing but tell me that doesn't happen in 95% of leagues around Australia. have played in and seen just as many behind the play incidents happen against a number of other teams in this league and below - reckon its time that gets put to bed now.

find the talk about pbc being thugs funny - sure a few blokes lost there cool in a Cpl of gfs when losing but tell me that doesn't happen in 95% of leagues around Australia.

How many times have you seen it before the first bounce when the scores are level and all 18 from one team have been belted in a premeditated fashion?

Reputations are hard to earn, they are harder to shake. This one is well deserved, and good on them for making the effort to shake it - but it will take a long time!

mate the only time that happened was in about 2004 in a cooly v pbc game - pretty sure after 10 years the playing group deserve a chance to form there own reputation. I think they have managed to win 5 senior flags since then - maybe time to let it go.

It's happened much more recently than that, in a GF.
Completely new bunch of players in palmys list now, a good young bunch of blokes who play for each other and their coach.

The era of Craig Obrien should reflect the reputation of the players today. I know you love slagging palmy Qafl but there is no point disrespecting them when it isn't warranted

It's happened much more recently than that, in a GF.
Completely new bunch of players on palmys list now, a good young bunch of blokes who play for each other and their coach.

The era of Craig Obrien should reflect the reputation of the players today. I know you love slagging palmy Qafl but there is no point disrespecting them when it isn't warranted

I know that's tongue in cheek qafl but I was genuinely surprised at how young the Pbc team is. Good to see the likes of askey, thynne, Pearson, Schneider playing good senior footy. Add in callinan as a top up player and a cpl of other young guys I didn't know and have a pretty young average age. Matty and Jess derrick very much the experienced heads down there now. When u think of names like dyson, Carroll,rynhart, drake, i'anson and sheggog and murphy from last cpl of years along with gussy playing in vic it really has been a big clean out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a guy playing reserves for them called Jacob Guise. Kid is an absolute gun and looks about 17 or 18 years old.

no idea why he isn't playing seniors, but they would want to wrap him up pretty quickly if they want to keep him - kid that good shouldn't be playing Ressies.

I've watched him twice this year, he has completely dominated and both times I've looked for his name in the Seniors the following week and he's still in the 2's! Does Creswell even watch the 2's?!

There is a guy playing reserves for them called Jacob Guise. Kid is an absolute gun and looks about 17 or 18 years old.

no idea why he isn't playing seniors, but they would want to wrap him up pretty quickly if they want to keep him - kid that good shouldn't be playing Ressies.

I've watched him twice this year, he has completely dominated and both times I've looked for his name in the Seniors the following week and he's still in the 2's! Does Creswell even watch the 2's?!

You have a lot of opinions mate, you ever coached?

He has played 2 games in the ones this year but hasn't quite replicated his form from the reserves,

Cresswell does watch the reserves and has a big say in match day with the players.

I can't answer that for you as I'm not Darren cresswell!

Just had a look online - guise with 2 best ons and a second best on the last 3 weeks - can't assume he's far away.

Perhaps he plays a role that one of cressa's better senior plays and can't get a look in?

Maybe the fact he only played 18's last year they don't feel he is ready for senior footy?

As I said I can't give u a reason, but tom Mitchell had 64 touches for the swans 2's and couldn't get a game so he isn't the only bloke playing well in the 2's not playing senior footy!!

You have a lot of opinions mate, you ever coached?

A little. Not successfully though...

Have worked in AFL recruiting circles though, and maybe I still do ;)

He has played 2 games in the ones this year but hasn't quite replicated his form from the reserves,

If he replicated reserves form, he would be a chance for the Grogan.

I can't answer that for you as I'm not Darren cresswell!

Just had a look online - guise with 2 best ons and a second best on the last 3 weeks - can't assume he's far away.

Perhaps he plays a role that one of cressa's better senior plays and can't get a look in?

Maybe the fact he only played 18's last year they don't feel he is ready for senior footy?

As I said I can't give u a reason, but tom Mitchell had 64 touches for the swans 2's and couldn't get a game so he isn't the only bloke playing well in the 2's not playing senior footy!!

Understand all that, but Swannies are on a 12 game winning streak - Palmy are not.

It's just a shame seeing a kid playing such good footy at reserves level. He would play in the guts at every other QAFL club except Morningside.

I suppose the knock on him could be that he isn't in the best mids at Palmy, but may not be able to play another role due to his small stature.

If he stays in the 2's though, another club would be mad not to go after him.

PS: anyone know where he came from, and how he ended up at Salk Oval?

Edit: appears he won the league medal in U/18 Div 2 and had some affiliation with GWS last year, so not an undiscovered gem as I had hoped.

Last edited:
A little. Not successfully though...

Have worked in AFL recruiting circles though, and maybe I still do ;)

If he replicated reserves form, he would be a chance for the Grogan.

Understand all that, but Swannies are on a 12 game winning streak - Palmy are not.

It's just a shame seeing a kid playing such good footy at reserves level. He would play in the guts at every other QAFL club except Morningside.

I suppose the knock on him could be that he isn't in the best mids at Palmy, but may not be able to play another role due to his small stature.

If he stays in the 2's though, another club would be mad not to go after him.

PS: anyone know where he came from, and how he ended up at Salk Oval?

Edit: appears he won the league medal in U/18 Div 2 and had some affiliation with GWS last year, so not an undiscovered gem as I had hoped.

Oh a recruiter! How exciting! Explains why you spend so much time watching QAFA B. The hidden gems...

Guise has played all his footy at jimboomba (including juniors) up until this year. Last year he played div 4 seniors for jimboomba and u/18s for GWS (greater western suburbs) collingwood park. Didnt have any direct affiliation with the gws giants, just had their support to start a new team as the president was mates with sheedy.
last year he played 7 or 8 games for both teams in each comp then unfortuantly ruptures his acl in his knee and required a knee reco which sat him out until round 8 this year.
Also he moved too palm beach by his own choice

I went and had a look at the Palmy v Morningside game, good hard contested footy. Gee there isn't much love between Lakey and Creswell, Palmy were really good but gee wiz Morningside in the last qtr just ruthless.

Why do you say that?? The 2 blokes coached together this year - would think that might help patch up some differences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back