News 2014 Saints Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice answer from Roo about why he has chosen to stay at the Saints... Hello BJ?

Also great quip from Newman about Roo talking to the injector players about syringes... GOLD.

I dont really mind Newman that much anymore. Despite what people think about the old days, he was far more obnoxious and more of an arsehole when he was the biggest dick there. I do more enjoy it for the s**t he cops from the others.

Even so, I tend to fast forward through a lot of the footyshow these days.

Meanwhile, Brian Lake reminds me eerily of someone from my footyclub. If you know him he is a normal guy but otherwise way too ******* intense and humourless if you're not in the "zone" with him.

Very important he plays if Hawthorn make the grand final though.
They have a much better chance if their opposition chokes. ( boom boom ). :D

Saints may trade their top pick

St Kilda will consider trading the first pick in the national draft if it finishes on the bottom, as the club explores all avenues available to rebuild the playing list and bring success.
And the Saints, who sit on the bottom and are short odds to remain there, will discuss whether they approach the AFL about a priority draft pick – which the AFL can grant to a club, but would likely be at the end of the first round, if at all – ‘‘in the coming weeks’’

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/saints-may-trade-their-top-pick-20140718-zuobl.html#ixzz37ppOUziK

Did anybody else hear Barrett on The Footy Show this morning and know whether he was completely drunk or not?

Said the club was sending mixed messages because Pelchan had said in the interview above that we'd consider trading pick 1 for the right offer yet Richardson had told TFS last week that we probably weren't going to use free agency in the next year or so and that we 'are very happy with how we fared last season (aggressively trading) and will look to do the same whilst avoiding the agency market'.

Claimed that these were different messages being sent out by the club; does he not realize that Free Agency and trading are two entirely different concepts?

FFS Hutchy told him (Hutchy of all people!) that they are saying the exact same thing yet he still failed to understand!

How is that so difficult to comprehend?

Did anybody else hear Barrett on The Footy Show this morning and know whether he was completely drunk or not?

Said the club was sending mixed messages because Pelchan had said in the interview above that we'd consider trading pick 1 for the right offer yet Richardson had told TFS last week that we probably weren't going to use free agency in the next year or so and that we 'are very happy with how we fared last season (aggressively trading) and will look to do the same whilst avoiding the agency market'.

Claimed that these were different messages being sent out by the club; does he not realize that Free Agency and trading are two entirely different concepts?

FFS Hutchy told him (Hutchy of all people!) that they are saying the exact same thing yet he still failed to understand!

Even Hutchy could see his suggestion was *ed and Barrett gave him this look like "The * mate? I though we all agreed we'd back each other up on giving St. Kilda s**t about drafting and trading?"

If Barrett ( or any other Jounalist for that matter ) gets mixed messages, quite frankly that's their problem.
Is it easy for people with poor comprehension to get into Journalist school?

If we trade out of pick 3

I'll fair dinkum flip out!!
Did we do that last year? Or any other year apart from 2012? We did it in an extremely diluted draft which also got us some extra prospects like Spencer White and Wright who the coaches rate highly. I don't think you need to worry.

Lenny was on the rush hour today and they asked him if he has any plans for the number 7. He said it'd be nice to give it to a young inside midfielder, but hasn't really decided yet. I think we all know where it's going!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Have you given any thought to who you want to get the No.7?"
"I've put a little bit of thought into it. Nothing official at this stage, but it'd be nice to give it to an inside midfielder, maybe a young up-and-coming guy."
"Not Armitage?!"
"Oh Armo, nah not Armo! He gets way too ahead of himself that bloke, not givin' it to him."

Legitimately LOL'd at that :D

St Kilda’s off-field revamp under new chief executive Matt Finnis is continuing, with the club promoting list manager Ameet Bains onto the club’s executive as chief operating officer.

While Bains will continue to negotiate player contracts and manage the club’s salary cap as part of the list management committee, he will move away from recruiting to take on the new role.

Finnis recruited Christine Finnegan from the Melbourne Rebels as his new chief commercial operations officer in May, with a new appointment, Emmeline McIlroy, to soon join the club as its head of people and culture.

Finnis is also in the market for a head of communications and digital media, and planning to bring the Saints’ media and digital content staff together under that person.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/st-kil...ffield-team-20140724-zwcf7.html#ixzz38Mu1apwm

St Kilda’s off-field revamp under new chief executive Matt Finnis is continuing, with the club promoting list manager Ameet Bains onto the club’s executive as chief operating officer.

While Bains will continue to negotiate player contracts and manage the club’s salary cap as part of the list management committee, he will move away from recruiting to take on the new role.

Finnis recruited Christine Finnegan from the Melbourne Rebels as his new chief commercial operations officer in May, with a new appointment, Emmeline McIlroy, to soon join the club as its head of people and culture.

Finnis is also in the market for a head of communications and digital media, and planning to bring the Saints’ media and digital content staff together under that person.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/st-kil...ffield-team-20140724-zwcf7.html#ixzz38Mu1apwm

Wow, that's a big move. From list manager to COO... I wonder who'll take over Bains' old role.

Big fan of ameet!!!

New head of digital and communications? Wasn't that luke? He's staying isn't he?

Bains seems to be very, very good in his current role, so I hope we have someone just as great to take over.

From the sounds of it Bains will still be doing the contract stuff, so this ideally should allow us to get someone that might be better at talent identification into his old position. Not saying that I think Bains is/was bad at talent ID (I have no idea either way), but if we can get someone who is real good at that while keeping Bains doing what he does best then is has to be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back