Mega Thread 2014 Swans Board DreamTeam/AFL Fantasy/SuperCoach Player Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My point was that cadsky had already made a league, which is probably now redundant. When SJ comes around getting interest I'm happy to make a Swans BF League 1 and then gauge interest for a League 2.

The league I created is mearly a muck around league. Nothing too serious. Just for a bit of fun between fwllow sydney supporters. However if this was out of line im happy to remove it.

The league I created is mearly a muck around league. Nothing too serious. Just for a bit of fun between fwllow sydney supporters. However if this was out of line im happy to remove it.

Wouldn't worry too much mate... the bigfooty board does run a competition of sorts between the various team boards during the season where the DT leagues from each club board face off in a series of head to head matchups. This is all SM and I were referring to. Some boards take it more seriously than others.
People are more than welcome to make their own leagues if they want. It would be a very boring world if everyone did as they were told all the time ;) Anyway there is still plenty of time till the season starts, a lot of people don't sign up for DT until just before round 1, so don't worry!

No no I didn't mean it was out of line in the slightest, just wondering whether we can change the name of the league.

I need to start getting into DT. Count me in (for a second league.) I need to figure out wtf I'm doing first.

Yeah, I only want to be in a muck-around league. cadsky 's league is fine with me (hoping we can fill it up). You can always start a new one with all the serious players for the inter-board champs. I think you can have your team in as many leagues as you want?

No no I didn't mean it was out of line in the slightest, just wondering whether we can change the name of the league.
More than happy to change the league name. Not sure if I can though. Ill have a look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember that the VirtualSports version is the proper one, and the one that has been used for the past decade.

While I admire your loyalty, I'm going to be pragmatic. I'm heading to the comp that offers the better prizes, which surprisingly is the VS comp given that the AFL is a multimillion dollar revenue generating corporation and VS is a small independent Aussie company (AFAIK)

Okay just joking I'm going to play both. And SuperCoach. And probably those VS ones run by the betting sites. And tipping.

Since when was Sydney the best DT side haha

I have about 5 of your mob in my team..

Who to cut?

Franklin, Parker, Mitchell, McVeigh, Rohan...
Mitchell probably offers the least value imo. He has great scoring capacity but I think he may drop off a little this year compared to last.

Hi guys..

I'm interested in your thoughts about Dan Hannebery... he is only 514k on supercoach, which I find unusual as he had a pretty awesome year with some ripper scores, so I was thinking of adding him as my 3rd best mid... how is he traveling and what are your thoughts on his progression into elite midfielder status this year?

Hi guys..

I'm interested in your thoughts about Dan Hannebery... he is only 514k on supercoach, which I find unusual as he had a pretty awesome year with some ripper scores, so I was thinking of adding him as my 3rd best mid... how is he traveling and what are your thoughts on his progression into elite midfielder status this year?

He definitely had some ripper scores last year but he also had a quite a few games where he was tagged and shut out (SC scores of 60 or so). It's something he has acknowledged himself and knows he has to work on beating a tag.

He's had an interruption free preseason and I have no doubt that he will improve from last season. My prediction is a SC avg of 105+ for this season.

Hi guys..

He is already in elite midfielder status, the question of if he can be an elite DT/SC midfielder is very different. In my opinion he will never be an elite DT midfielder, his numbers of outside disposals and marks are too low, and he doesn't have high tackle numbers either. He also has a low kick to handball ratio, all of which are worries for DT scoring. In Supercoach he is a better prospect due to a good ratio of contested possessions and decent disposal efficiency. The gap between him and the elite SC midfielders is his low clearance numbers, and lower disposal numbers. I don't expect his clearance numbers to improve, I do expect his possession numbers to improve this year, and that will increase his SC scoring.

TLDR: Not a DT player in my opinion, has potential to increase SC score by 10+ points per game in 2014

i found this info pretty interesting

"Crameri isn't expected to solely spend time in the forward line with McCartney keen to tap into his aerobic ability.

He described the acquisition as a win-win for both club and player, as the Dogs' young forwards will benefit from his presence and Crameri will get the midfield opportunity he is after."
at $352k Crameri is awkwardly priced, but knowing he is going to spend time in the midfield im sold and confident he can increase his 65 point average.

Sssh. I think he will kick more goals than he did last year also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back