Mega Thread 2014 Swans Board DreamTeam/AFL Fantasy/SuperCoach Player Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lads, will we see any of Alex Johnson this season?

Lads, will we see any of Alex Johnson this season?

He is definitely best 22, but he will more than likely not be playing in the first few rounds.

He is definitely best 22, but he will more than likely not be playing in the first few rounds.
excellent, Im guessing Laidler ---> AJ will be the likely scenario?

excellent, Im guessing Laidler ---> AJ will be the likely scenario?
They've spoken about Laidler being looked at for the "Mattner position", and Mattner + Johnson played together so I guess there is a chance Laidler could be in the same team. Does seem pretty unlikely though.

What do you guys think of Parker this year for supercoach? Do you think he'll break the 100 average?

I have him locked in my team.

The only thing that is worth considering is how many midfielders rotate through our midfield. However, when he isn't in the midfield he goes to half-forward and is a dangerous player there also.

He is DPP and possibly a POD. But whether he can get to 100+ though, i'm not sure.

I have him locked in my team.

The only thing that is worth considering is how many midfielders rotate through our midfield. However, when he isn't in the midfield he goes to half-forward and is a dangerous player there also.

He is DPP and possibly a POD. But whether he can get to 100+ though, i'm not sure.
It's hard because there are so many options around that price range this year. Parker, Zorko, Gray, Gunston, Chapman, Pac etc. I think I'm going Parker, Chapman and Gunston.

scary thought but I'm actually considering LRT for my defence bench.

I guess he's probably only good for 50-60 dreamteam points, but I'm thinking he might have more security than some Rookie who comes in and out of a team and gets the vest.

what's the general consensus? Will he play in defence each week and get more than he did playing forward?

What's the vs league? Just registered

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For the first time I can remember, Sydney players are actually fantasty relevant. Have 5 in the squad at the moment.

Haha yes, i am actually liking that. It was only ever Goodes IIRC that was fantasy relevant (SC anyway), but it seems like we have a few now. Jack, McVeigh, Franklin, Kennedy....

6 Swans in my side. McVeigh, Franklin, Parker, Rohan, LRT and Laidler! (JPK only in Supercoach)

I was thinking Mitchell but I'm worried about him spending too much time forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have McVeigh, Kennedy, Franklin, Parker and Rohan in my SC team. Also, Nankervis on the ruck bench. Laidler will find a way in if he is starting round 1.

Me... I have Jeremy"spot on" Laidler, Derickx, Buddy, Rohan & Mc veigh. All locks at this stage. would like more like parker & mitchell but need to spread it out abit.

Hi guys, Do ye reckon LRT will play round 1? I have him on the bench at the moment. Thanks!

Haha yes, i am actually liking that. It was only ever Goodes IIRC that was fantasy relevant (SC anyway), but it seems like we have a few now. Jack, McVeigh, Franklin, Kennedy....

O'keefe was a good one in the past as well.

How is Pyke looking? Handling the ruck on his own, you think he's mobile enough to get around the ground to stoppages and have an impact by getting a few marks/kicks?

Thanks.

I have LRT, AJ, Rohan, Franklin, McVeigh. Tempted by Parker, Mitchell, Jetta, Kennedy.

So hard to not pick them all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Are we gonna be playing with a second ruck this year?
and if so, who will it be?
Weren't there rumblings that Tippett would be playing a lot more time in the ruck and doing that role?

O'keefe was a good one in the past as well.

How is Pyke looking? Handling the ruck on his own, you think he's mobile enough to get around the ground to stoppages and have an impact by getting a few marks/kicks?

Thanks.

You're right, he slipped my mind. O'Keefe was always a staple in my forward line as well.

Pyke could go either way, it just depends how much of a workload they give him in the middle, but i'd say i'm doubtful as to how much he'll do around the ground. He'll more than likely be resting forward whilst Tippett relieves him in the ruck.

Laidler should be in 99% of sides on the back of that article.

Has solved one problem of mine in a heartbeat. Onya Horse :thumbsu:
He isn't saying Laidler will be picked in defence, otherwise by that measure he's saying he'll pick Derrickx in the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back