List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly dancing on his grave and most people are expressing similar opinions in this thread.

The bloke was very soft, a poor kick and incredibly outside and no amount of him being an upstanding player makes up for how poor he was while at the club.

I'm ecstatic at the direction the club is heading in.

100% Agree here. Have been watching footy for 50 years & from day one I couldn't see what the recruiters saw in Lucas. On a positive note, the consensus from most posters appears to be that tough decisions had to be made. I suppose we have to just hang on & enjoy the ride.

Wouldn't say his a whipping boy, has upside which I mentioned his size and can run but in the modern game ud take someone with less muscle that can kick. Top 4 teams have A-graders on there teams and if Blues are to get there by 2016, kicking is big criteria need to improve

I know Bell and our young kids have it in them, lost few close ones and also won close ones too. Bell ATM is a 'C' player so if can have a big year show consistency, not go through soo many phases of a game where is non existent and hits targets then def on his way to becoming a very good player. Same with Buckley

I have faith in these 2
On behalf of Tom, apology accepted:D

He should have made it. He had all the skills but a series of hamstring and hip issues meant that he didnt develop as well as he should have. Also, when a player has a number of serious injuries, the coaches tend not to trust them as much as someone who only has minor injury issues.

Honestly i dont buy this in his case. whilst i agree that they can hold you back mentally and physically, his skills were a major let down, way too often. Too many times he'd get the ball and completely waste his possession, this isnt because he couldnt run or mark. He just wasnt up to it.

Very true. I can't recall how many times i was ranting about how mentally weak our side is when we just refused to win games.

Think Thomas and Docherty have to become full time midfielders to help our depth there. If Jones and Cas don't get going we'll be trouble on that front too.

I actually think Docherty is best off half back and Daisy half forward. Need good kickers out of defense and with Walkers absence its Docherty. Leave him there was awesome last year. Daisy can kick goals and score often

Play these guys to there strength

100% Agree here. Have been watching footy for 50 years & from day one I couldn't see what the recruiters saw in Lucas. On a positive note, the consensus from most posters appears to be that tough decisions had to be made. I suppose we have to just hang on & enjoy the ride.
I was very impressed with Lucas in his first season. I remember an outstanding game against Geelong at the MCG. A rare game where we beat Geelong. He was on fire and did his hamstring twice in the games that followed that season. I want to know what happened to the guy when he returned the following season. I think he lost confidence and never regained the form from his first season. I might even be a little batty but his running style changed so much it's difficult to believe it was the same guy. I've followed footy for fifty years and Lucas wasn't that bad.

Bell is best utilized throwing himself around in the middle and going forward. Like the idea of having several midfielders that can play in the forward 50 and actually be dangerous.

Murphy, Gibbs and Bell have all shown in the past they're able to rest forward and kick goals. Kruezer at his best would take one of the besst defenders whilst resting forward.

Hopefully Cripps, Graham and Whiley can develop together and become a strong young midfield. All three are good extractors. Bell on the other hand whilst able to throw his body around in the middle isn't much of an extractor in the sense he doesn't often come out of the pack to give it off to a receiver.. much better in the midfield in spells. Nevertheless I see him as a dangerous and unique cog in the midfield rotations. And now that Robinson is gone I'd be surprised if he isn't a regular.

Bell is best utilized throwing himself around in the middle and going forward. Like the idea of having several midfielders that can play in the forward 50 and actually be dangerous.

Murphy, Gibbs and Bell have all shown in the past they're able to rest forward and kick goals. Kruezer at his best would take one of the besst defenders whilst resting forward.

Hopefully Cripps, Graham and Whiley can develop together and become a strong young midfield. All three are good extractors. Bell on the other hand whilst able to throw his body around in the middle isn't much of an extractor in the sense he doesn't often come out of the pack to give it off to a receiver.. much better in the midfield in spells. Nevertheless I see him as a dangerous and unique cog in the midfield rotations. And now that Robinson is gone I'd be surprised if he isn't a regular.

Bell is a smarter version of Robbo, won't be getting suspended every 2-3 weeks smashing guys in the face lol

Bell like the fact can go forward and in the middle. More that thinking about him in 2015, for improvement and game time i see for him. Think he will be good player for us

Bell is a smarter version of Robbo, won't be getting suspended every 2-3 weeks smashing guys in the face lol

Bell like the fact can go forward and in the middle. More that thinking about him in 2015, for improvement and game time i see for him. Think he will be good player for us
I do too. I may be wrong here but I personally don't think Bell is as one paced as people make out. Yes no speedster like Thomas or Murphy.. but would have similar if not faster pace then Gibbs. That his engine and big build makes him a unique and ultimately dangerous player.

With the introduction of Jaksch into our backline we will now have the ability to use Sam Rowe to pinch hit in the ruck if needed, in addition to Casboult. With Kruz fully fit and the rise of Wood :D I can't see Robbie getting much game time next year.

Casboult, Jones and Rowe are all ruckman height but none are proper ruckmen. Casboult is good for 10 hitouts a game but I wouldn't want to rely on Wood for 22 games a season. Kreuzer is an unknown commodity at this stage and needs a year to settle in injury free.

Give Baulderstone from SA (24ish) a go in the rookie draft if you must but Warnock needs to stay on the list until the teenager we rookie this year has at least a season under his belt.

I do too. I may be wrong here but I personally don't think Bell is as one paced as people make out. Yes no speedster like Thomas or Murphy.. but would have similar if not faster pace then Gibbs. That his engine and big build makes him a unique and ultimately dangerous player.

Every top sides have there big bodied mids and Bell, Cripps hopefully become those enforcer type mids to extract and get in those packs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance that McLean will get rookie listed?

The head says no, the heart says yes.

CON: It depends on whether Brock's body can withstand another full season and we're depriving a rough diamond the chance to shine.

PRO: If we promote a rookie and have pick 60 in the rookie draft, why not? Let's face it, he's the perfect player to play 5-10 games in the depths of winter when the grounds are slower and softer - bring him on for an LTI. :) Would he accept captaincy of the VFL team with an ambassadorial role for LGBT sportspeople?

Casboult, Jones and Rowe are all ruckman height but none are proper ruckmen. Casboult is good for 10 hitouts a game but I wouldn't want to rely on Wood for 22 games a season. Kreuzer is an unknown commodity at this stage and needs a year to settle in injury free.

Give Baulderstone from SA (24ish) a go in the rookie draft if you must but Warnock needs to stay on the list until the teenager we rookie this year has at least a season under his belt.

I completely agree with you, for Carlton's sake we need Robbie to stay on the list.

However my point was that if he is not getting significant game time his value is decreasing, and after 2 years of playing mainly VFL he runs the risk that no-one will want him once we are ready to cut him from the list.

I don't know where Robbie stands with the coaches, or what our plans are for him in the future. But with one year left to go, no bites at the trade table (if we did in fact listen to offers) and the possibility of being de-listed next year, Robbie might need to look after his own career. And the AFL have now opened the door for this sort of thinking by agreeing contracts can be annulled by mutual consent.

Just saying that we might see more of this in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back