List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Aphrodite - do we have a thread for player numbers?

With the filth naming some player number updates for 2015, I was wondering if we'd be doing the same shortly... then thought who would get what...

Can see the following happening:

Jaksch #12 - just feels right
Whiley #14 - replacing McLean is every sense - would suit the kid
Dick #21
Jones #25 - carries the tradition of a big forward holding the famed guernsey
1st Round Draftee #9
2nd Round Draftee #18
Pick 61. #22
Pick 65. #24
Tutt (if picked up) #18

Rookies - 29, 30, 31, 37, 38

Thoughts?

Aphrodite - do we have a thread for player numbers?

With the filth naming some player number updates for 2015, I was wondering if we'd be doing the same shortly... then thought who would get what...

Can see the following happening:

Jaksch #12 - just feels right
Whiley #14 - replacing McLean is every sense - would suit the kid
Dick #21
Jones #25 - carries the tradition of a big forward holding the famed guernsey
1st Round Draftee #9
2nd Round Draftee #18
Pick 61. #22
Pick 65. #24
Tutt (if picked up) #18

Rookies - 29, 30, 31, 37, 38

Thoughts?

No we don't at the moment but by all means start up a new thread Matty411

How close is that to being definite?

Anyway, welcome Mr. Tutt. :thumbsu:
So I guess it is worth it being open and generous with opposition teams and players.

I do wonder whether Tutt could spell Gatorade backwards though?..........Hmmmmm
Don't see why the Dogs can't do what Sydney did with Membrey and just delist him properly so we can get him officially.

How close is that to being definite?

Anyway, welcome Mr. Tutt. :thumbsu:
So I guess it is worth it being open and generous with opposition teams and players.

I do wonder whether Tutt could spell Gatorade backwards though?..........Hmmmmm
Jason is going to start training with the club on the 17th. For all intents and purposes, he is coming to Carlton.

And the words from Macca...
Blues football boss Andrew McKay said recently Carlton needed to continue building from the ground up.

“We need to keep continuing to improve. We’ve got to get good players via trade and draft,” McKay said.

“We need to continue building from the bottom, rather than trying to top up (with) senior players aged 29-32.

“We need to build from the bottom to get sustained success.
Tutt to join Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't see why the Dogs can't do what Sydney did with Membrey and just delist him properly so we can get him officially.

The net result is the same so it doesn't make a huge difference how that comes about.

Membrey qualified as a DFA with the Swans presumably not offering him a contract to stay at the club.

Not the same as Tutt who from all reports the Dogs were keen to keep, and they presumably offered him a contract which forced him to delist himself and bypass the DFA process.

For the love of Christ Blues please......no more duds, enough is enough!!!
Oh and by the way if it is true welcome Tutty and good luck....the Bullants are crying out for a small forward! :)

Let's see what Mick and co have in mind for Tutt.

We don't seem to have fired too many blanks in recent times.

The net result is the same so it doesn't make a huge difference how that comes about.

Membrey qualified as a DFA with the Swans presumably not offering him a contract to stay at the club.

Not the same as Tutt who from all reports the Dogs were keen to keep, and they presumably offered him a contract which forced him to delist himself and bypass the DFA process.
Newton joined the Dees after initially being offered a contract then being delisted to let him go where he pleases

Sydney wanted to keep Membrey, they just knew they had no chance.
It's not like the Dogs will get anything by not delisting him. It's just being difficult.
I know he can train with us ASAP but it still is a different approach to Sydney and may come back to haunt them.

Let's see what Mick and co have in mind for Tutt.

We don't seem to have fired too many blanks in recent times.

Just concerns me Harks that we have now picked up 3 players who have largely done squat at senior level under the premise of topping up a certain age bracket. Sure they are still young and untried but topping up with an age bracket for the sake of it in my opinion just leaves us with more list cloggers for future years.

Just concerns me Harks that we have now picked up 3 players who have largely done squat at senior level under the premise of topping up a certain age bracket. Sure they are still young and untried but topping up with an age bracket for the sake of it in my opinion just leaves us with more list cloggers for future years.

I don't see it like that at all.

We still have 7 live selections to use through these drafts even after acquiring Jaksch, Whiley, Jones, Tutt and Dick.
Let's not expect all 5 to be walk up starts but there are openings for each, should they put in the hard yards.
There's actually a strategy afoot. Something we didn't see previously.

We had to move on the players we did and having watched a lot of their games this year, I have little concerns for seeing them go.

Can see where you're coming from...Jaksch, Whiley, Jones, Dick and Tutt are all unproven or underperforming to an extent (Jaksch on track for a promising KPP though).

It is a bit of a waiting game in regards to what we have planned for them but the fact we sort of targeted these guys gives me hope that they'll replace the players we delisted and give us better depth.

Jaksch I see as a quality upgrade on a 22 starter but for now I see the rest as better depth options. With Cripps coming through and the development of Sheehan, Buckley, Docherty we will see our best side improve while Thomas and Kreuzer will be top liners returning to their preferred spots in full fitness. We also add future replacements to senior players like Carrazzo and Judd through the next couple of drafts and FA periods.

To be honest we've only just now got the foundation for a good club right. Next year I'm 100% sure we'll get a top liner to replace Judd and by 2016 I see us top 6 pushing top 4.

We're priming Jaksch to be a KPD. No arguments with that.
Whiley to be another big-bodied mid. We haven't that many.
Jones to be the decoy or third tall behind Henderson and Casboult. Makes sense.
Tutt to the quicker and better small forward than Ellard may be for us.
Dick to provide outside run that we're lacking before this years draft, as we don't really know what may come our way.

All considered we haven't given up very much at all for players that fit into a plan.
Every player has a clear purpose in the scheme of things and should better alternatives present in years to come, then that's just fine also.

The other thing in all that is that all these guys fit into the age profiles required whilst we're still taking up another 7 kids and developing the two Irishmen.
Bit dangerous having 20 players under 20 years of age. Not fair on the kids as they do need some guidance and protection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back