List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Harker, do you know whats happened to Thy he hasn't posted for a while?

I nominated him for POTM and he hasn't responded with a flippant or self deprecating post. Very worrying.

Not sure whether to contact missing person or park ranger hotline.

Of course, could have found some things in life more important than bf at the moment. A ridiculous suggestion I know, but just putting it out there...

I nominated him for POTM and he hasn't responded with a flippant or self deprecating post. Very worrying.

Not sure whether to contact missing person or park ranger hotline.

Of course, could have found some things in life more important than bf at the moment. A ridiculous suggestion I know, but just putting it out there...

3ija-11N-3.jpg

This article had many talking about our list make up and average age:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...tliers-on-afl-age-ladder-20140826-108cis.html

- It listed our average age using Champion Data at 25.1 years.
- Notes the last four premiership sides had average ages over 27

I collated the dates of birth of all our players plus Jason Tutt and added seven players for the draft/rookie draft with an average age of 18.5.

Before the draft with Tutt added we have an average age of 24.29.
After the draft with seven players and an assumed average age of 18.5 our list at the start of next season will be: 23.81

The ranking amongst other sides would take far too much work and guessing in some instances so I'll leave the extra analysis to whoever wants to try their hand.

Last edited:
This article had many talking about our list make up and average age:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...tliers-on-afl-age-ladder-20140826-108cis.html

- It listed our average age using Champion Data at 25.1 years.
- Notes the last four premiership sides had average ages over 27

I collated the dates of birth of all our players plus Jason Tutt and added seven players for the draft/rookie draft with an average age of 18.5.

Before the draft with Tutt added we have an average age of 24.29.
After the draft with four players and an assumed average age of 18.5 our list at the start of next season will be: 23.81

The ranking amongst other sides would take far too much work and guessing in some instances so I'll leave the extra analysis to whoever wants to try their hand.
Nice work Zee!

Champion data posted this last week - it's the average age of all lists after 1st list lodgement but not including rookies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 5
Nice work Zee!

Champion data posted this last week - it's the average age of all lists after 1st list lodgement but not including rookies.
Yeah I've added Fraser Russell, Tutt, Dick...

With only official primary list players it currently stands at 24.53 as of today. Have we since delisted more? Not sure where they're getting over 25 from.

So it's 24.53 currently before the addition of four 18 year olds through the the NB and another three or so (?) through the rookie draft. We'll probably be around 23 years average age after another seven 18 year olds.
Recent history tells us we may not be drafting only 18 year olds. There may well be a couple of mature players (20-23) from State Leagues.

Recent history tells us we may not be drafting only 18 year olds. There may well be a couple of mature players (20-23) from State Leagues.

Maybe one or two but that should be it.

The rookie ruck-man may be a 20-21y.o. and #61/#65 may well be another mature body.

Won't change the average age much and if the right type is there, wouldn't mind the likes of an Adam Saad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I've added Fraser Russell, Tutt, Dick...

With only official primary list players it currently stands at 24.53 as of today. Have we since delisted more? Not sure where they're getting over 25 from.
I'm pretty sure it was after getting rid of Lucas, Robbo & Brock. I thought their figure looked a little old too.

So based on your (great) work Zee, that puts us approx. 3 years away from a flag, which is in line with most people's expectations anyway.

Push for finals and top 6 in 2015.
Push for top 4 in 2016.
Challenge in 2017/2018.
Top up through FA and create dynasty until 2022.

I can live with that.

There is no doubting that Ellard works hard both on & off the track plus gives his all whenever he pulls on the jumper. He has been duly rewarded for effort here and so he should be.

This clearly sets the bar for the rest to follow, put in and give it everything you have, anything less and you will certainly be cut.

Will he be at the club in 2016 ?? I highly doubt it but for 2015, he is part of the playing list and will once again, give us 100% effort regardless of whether he has the overall ability or not.

There is no doubting that Ellard works hard both on & off the track plus gives his all whenever he pulls on the jumper. He has been duly rewarded for effort here and so he should be.

This clearly sets the bar for the rest to follow, put in and give it everything you have, anything less and you will certainly be cut.

Will he be at the club in 2016 ?? I highly doubt it but for 2015, he is part of the playing list and will once again, give us 100% effort regardless of whether he has the overall ability or not.

I think Ellard is ok but feel he has maxed out his potential in terms of what he brings to the team. I do not think he is an asset at the moment!

Hoping he has good pre season and stays healthy and plays permanent forward if selected

Last edited:
We haven't got a dedicated thread for next years trade targets yet, so this will have to do for now.

Contract can wait, says young Giant Shiel

You just feel that with coin freed up at the end of 2015 , we will have something pretty exciting cooking .

It's a matter of which way we go , free agency , which of course means we don't have to trade , or target a young gun like Shiel/Treloar .

Either way , knowing Carlton's history , the freed up coin won't just be gathering bank interest ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back