Competitions 2014 Ultimate Footy league discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn Rowe and that donut cost me my undefeated title this week, you're the last man standing.

And guess who you're playing this week ;) Im coming for you Kris....

Bring it! ;-)

Okay guys so another vote has been requested, do we want rolling lockout on permanently? Or do we want to continue with the standard lockout on Friday nights when there are no weekends extended by games on odd days...?

Pros:
- If you have a player that is sub/late out etc you can change this.
- Emergency loopholes
- Captain loopholes

Cons:
- IMO this game should be based around skill in drafting a starting 18/captain and then making the hard decisions at the selection table each week. I think rolling lockout really takes away from the core of this game having all these loopholes and second chances, but thats just me.... (Your opponent could emergency loophole Eric Mckenzie getting 94 for example, which I think is pure bullshit haha)
- Injuries are already damaging enough as it is in this game, with one team only owning the single player obviously, and rolling lockout could further disadvantage teams having to carry injuries rather than being able to use emergency loopholes..

Feel free to add other points you think of to the above^

Just to clarify also, you are a) rolling lockout to be on permanently or b) rolling lockout to be off the weeks were games aren't spread out.

For:
- Dangersloane
- Hdecure
- Danoz
- Bacon8

Against:
-arusso707

hdecure Bacon8 Geoffa32 #VAN Danoz Allefgib Walker Texas Danger DangerSloane Kristof

Last edited:

Most of my guys on the bench are already injured so it's difficult for me to actually swap players anyway :(

Thats what I was trying to allude to though, thsoe that are struggling with injuries will not be able to fully utilise the loophole and be at a further disadvantage again.

Especially when Sundays game have extended benches and there is absolutely no way to know about substitutes etc.

Sunday benches get released 4:30pm our time on Friday, so it's the same as any other Saturday or Sunday game...?

Thats what I was trying to allude to though, thsoe that are struggling with injuries will not be able to fully utilise the loophole and be at a further disadvantage again.

Sunday benches get released 4:30pm our time on Friday, so it's the same as any other Saturday or Sunday game...?

Ideally if you had a bench full of injuries you'd trade or drop one or two of them...

The subs dont get announced though, and that kills if you get a late out and then a sub in one day you're pretty much cooked.

For
Ideally if you had a bench full of injuries you'd trade or drop one or two of them...

The subs dont get announced though, and that kills if you get a late out and then a sub in one day you're pretty much cooked.
Get into the GF thread!

But what if you copped a whole host of injures to player's which you cannot drop, as another coach will pick them up straight away. Take Barlow, Shiels, Shaw etc for example as players. Sure, if you cop injuries to fringe players then go ahead and make list changes.

Yeah but thats what your emergencies are there for in the first place, if you do cop late outs. Subs are just bad luck and furthermore touches on this point of skill in drafting/selecting players which wont be sub.

Btw Im not very against rolling lockout, it really doesnt bother me. Im just exploring all options, and as you may have noticed, all for keeping the core skill of the game at the forefront rather than use the cheapness of loophole scores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised no one else put in a bid for Ryan Lester. Averaging 80 for a defender in this game is pretty damn good. B/C too.

I was the one that drafted the leper and then delisted him due to injuries. My boy:( take good care of him will you.

Yeah absolutely I understand.
The thing is even if you use the loophole you can get burnt hard.
I mean using an emergency back on friday means if any backs are out over the weekend you end up with a donut.

Its not like its risk-free.

If you choose to take your emergency's score and drag a player that hasnt played yet off the field, and do happen to have someone else pull out, you can then drag that player back onto the field, providing they havent played yet.

If you choose to take your emergency's score and drag a player that hasnt played yet off the field, and do happen to have someone else pull out, you can then drag that player back onto the field, providing they havent played yet.
Yeah true, but if you get a late out when you dont have access you have no protection.
Essentially playing the loophole is like having sex without a condom haha

I've been pretty lucky with my trade outs so far. Sorry Bacon, Fasolo looks likely to spend a lot of time on the sideline.
Ralphy just said he might just miss one match now. Not as bad as it seemed.

Okay guys so another vote has been requested, do we want rolling lockout on permanently? Or do we want to continue with the standard lockout on Friday nights when there are no weekends extended by games on odd days...?

Pros:
- If you have a player that is sub/late out etc you can change this.
- Emergency loopholes
- Captain loopholes

Cons:
- IMO this game should be based around skill in drafting a starting 18/captain and then making the hard decisions at the selection table each week. I think rolling lockout really takes away from the core of this game having all these loopholes and second chances, but thats just me.... (Your opponent could emergency loophole Eric Mckenzie getting 94 for example, which I think is pure bullshit haha)
- Injuries are already damaging enough as it is in this game, with one team only owning the single player obviously, and rolling lockout could further disadvantage teams having to carry injuries rather than being able to use emergency loopholes..

Feel free to add other points you think of to the above^

Just to clarify also, you are a) rolling lockout to be on permanently or b) rolling lockout to be off the weeks were games aren't spread out.

For:
- Dangersloane
- Hdecure
- Danoz
- Bacon8

Against:
-arusso707

hdecure Bacon8 Geoffa32 #VAN Danoz Allefgib Walker Texas Danger DangerSloane Kristof

Not a real fan of the rolling lock out. I like the idea the teams are fixed once the first siren is sounded for the first game of the round.

However I will use the rolling look out to my advantage, as I just did today seeing how well Curtly Hampton has been scoring compared to how I think Petterd will go:p:cool::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back