11 Fremantle (-2)
12 St Kilda (+6)
13 Port Adelaide (-3)
14 Brisbane (-1)
15 Melbourne (-3)
16 Kangaroos (-2)
17 GWS (-2)
18 Collingwood (-1)

• Rankings updated based on trades, delistings and retirements. (None of the delistings had a negative affect on the teams this season).
  • Positional changes in brackets from 2014 AFL Power Rankings.
  • The loss of 3 key positional players for West Coast contributed to the biggest change (-5) and drop in rankings of any team for the pre-season or any pres-season for that matter.
  • Carlton and Sydney also dropped spots after losing key players but not replacing them with equal or better players.
  • From left to right and in this order of the most: Port Adelaide, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Brisbane, North Melbourne, GWS and Essendon all improved their teams in the off season.
  • Port, Suns and the Hawks managed to improve their list without losing any of their best 22. Port gained three spots in the rankings, the most of anyone.

Currently the prediction for tonights game between Richmond and Carlton is the Tigers by 11 points.

For the season:

Betting on Sydney to miss the finals is a excellent value bet. 1 unit @ $8

Adelaide to make the top four is also a good bet considering they have one of the easiest fixtures this season. 1 unit @ $4.25

If you going to put money on someone for the flag Hawthorn is your best bet 1 unit @ $4, and Fremantle to meet them in the Grand Final. Hawthorn vs Fremantle 1 unit @ $17. (Sportsbet) Otherwise Adelaide at $26 is good value for 0.5 units.

Roby's end note:

I certainly didn't imagine back in 2011 that I would still be posting the rankings on Bigfooty. Recently I've had to juggle the birth of my son and setting up a new website for posting the betting tips. Depending on how the new website may dictate how long I post rankings on here. None the less it's a been an amazing journey. I knew my systems did well on the AFL betting market but I after I started positing on Bigfooty I started taking it more seriously; I never imagined that I would get the ROI that it did. Appreciate everyone who has supported the rankings over the years.

Kind Regards,

AFL Guru.

Last edited:
Expected reactions to Roby's power rankings
Dz3nk.jpg

Sydney made the grand final from 5th? Amazing effort.

I didn't notice Melbourne were that good last season either. Did alright losing to them by only a point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes!

Right, Roby

NOW LISTEN.

I asked you this dozens of times last year and you refused to answer. Here is your chance.

WHAT IS YOUR STAKING PLAN?

For any tipping system to have any credibility, you MUST spell out your staking plan upfront. Otherwise you can simply up the stakes when you're down and keep doing it until you recover. That's not real life. There is no bottomless pit of money.

Cmon now. Out with it. Now! You either have an exposed staking plan, or its level stakes. You decide!

First tip - Richmond by 11.

Betting line (and therefore most likely result as estimated by the bookmakers) - Richmond by 11.

Good insight, cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back