2015 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Some interesting results yesterday. Pingers are starting to flex their muscle leading to the finals. Their experience and big bodies will make them hard to beat. Resa held on and now have a good run going. A good result against banyule who will worry a few clubs who are playing finals. South form seems to be droping off in the second half of the season. A 2 goal win against stmarys must be disappointing. Maybe their persistance with young players is taking a toll with the young small bodies starting to find it a bit hard.

A lot to like about Epping, a very good balance of big bodies and smaller quick types, a couple of big forwards capable taking a strong grabs and their back 6 doesn't appear to have a lot weakness. The wildcard is can they get Dicky Moore's knee up and firing

A couple of massive games this week.

Banyule vs St Marys. Both have had disappointing seasons after all the pre-season hype and at home the Bears should beat the Sainters.
Epping vs Reservoir. The Blues are certainly building well and while the Mustangs have been consistent of late the former will get the points.
South Morang vs Watsonia. The Lions are still the premiership favourites and therefore should account for the Saints.

Rezza and Morang starting to flex there muscles. I'd say Rezza would be extremely confident come finals time! Morang are continually playing young kids and Rezza would lick there lips if they do that come finals time. Crump must have slept with the senior coachs wife or something to be left out of that side. Daniel Moore is going at 50% , which really hurts eppings chances of going anywhere. And I see Bennett was up to his old tricks on the weekend getting a red card. My Rezza vs Morang in the grannie for me.

Rezza and Morang starting to flex there muscles. I'd say Rezza would be extremely confident come finals time! Morang are continually playing young kids and Rezza would lick there lips if they do that come finals time. Crump must have slept with the senior coachs wife or something to be left out of that side. Daniel Moore is going at 50% , which really hurts eppings chances of going anywhere. And I see Bennett was up to his old tricks on the weekend getting a red card. My Rezza vs Morang in the grannie for me.

Agree Rezza on a good run. Probably a good time for the bye. Freshen up then 1 game running into the finals perfect build up. . If souths can knock off epping this week makes it impossible for epping to get double chance. If I was them I would rest Moore and whoever else they need to for the last game. Agree with the selections too. I have said it before both Epping and rezza will love playing against all the kids from souths in the finals. looking at the stats its always the senior players in the best against the good sides. If they stop Harrison its nearly all over. looked at the stats Crump is kicking goals in the 2nds would be in other sides???? don't know?? I think Wats will struggle on the big grounds. Which Bennett ?? there is nothing on the web site.

Heard a story over the weekend about at least and possibly 2 new teams entering the NFL next season. You would have to say that 1 would be Wallan but interesting who the second may be?? Surely wouldn't be Parkside, maybe Kinglake?

Interesting to see how the league would shape the divisions?
Div 1 - 10
Div2 - 10
Div3-7

Or would div 2 have 9 and Div 3 have 8..

Agree Rezza on a good run. Probably a good time for the bye. Freshen up then 1 game running into the finals perfect build up. . If souths can knock off epping this week makes it impossible for epping to get double chance. If I was them I would rest Moore and whoever else they need to for the last game. Agree with the selections too. I have said it before both Epping and rezza will love playing against all the kids from souths in the finals. looking at the stats its always the senior players in the best against the good sides. If they stop Harrison its nearly all over. looked at the stats Crump is kicking goals in the 2nds would be in other sides???? don't know?? I think Wats will struggle on the big grounds. Which Bennett ?? there is nothing on the web site.
Crump too slow. Bold decision by coach to not play him. Young players the future there. Lrts not forget what thomo s young players did to resa last year

Crump too slow. Bold decision by coach to not play him. Young players the future there. Lrts not forget what thomo s young players did to resa last year
Young players are only the future if they get out of div3. They need to win it first if not the young kids will start leaving to play better footy and earn a bit. They struggled to kick a score in last years finals thats why they went out and got proven goal kickers. Just think its a strange move.

Not sure if they got him there for his pace... Im guessing they got him there because he kicks goals. Not sure how many of the leading goalkickers I would class as quick either.

Roumd. 18

Watsonia vs Banyule. A chance for the Saints to regroup and get back on the winner slist against the Bears
Epping vs South Morang. The grand final preview. A big out for the Blues but tey can still get ove rthe Lions
St Marys vs West Heidelberg. Think the Sainters can finish off a disappointing season with a win here over the Hawks.

Watched the south morang and Epping game today. Could have easily been the grand final, hard tough slog all day, could have gone either way, thought EppingS goal kicking let them down as well as some of their tactics. Happy, south morang deserved to Win on the day. Go Lions!

A lot of mistakes by both sides. Pingers had most of the play and their big bodies were dominant in the air but butchered the ball going forward. Missed some easy ones. Both sides turned the ball over. Don't think either side will be happy with only kicking about 11 goals. That won't be enough to win finals. Moore will be a massive in for the finals. Another big body marking player who uses the ball well.

A lot of mistakes by both sides. Pingers had most of the play and their big bodies were dominant in the air but butchered the ball going forward. Missed some easy ones. Both sides turned the ball over. Don't think either side will be happy with only kicking about 11 goals. That won't be enough to win finals. Moore will be a massive in for the finals. Another big body marking player who uses the ball well.
Was an interesting hit out yesterday. You would think the Lions would of taken some confidence from finally beating Epping, but I would doubt it. I think they will have their fingers crossed Resa or Wats take them out before the GF. Harro did some smart stuff and presented well, but overall has found it hard to make an impact in Epping games this year. Pavitt is a clever handy player, but for a bloke of his age & experience, I cannot believe how easily sucked in he is. That has to be a liability in finals. They were stiff with Shelton leaving the game early due to personal circumstances and I'm sure he will be critical to any contest if they face Epping again. Yes, Moore will definitely be handy come finals. Even if just sitting in the goal square. Stavely was rested and he will be another big factor. Robertson played the first quarter and seemed to be rested as caution rather than out of necessity. He is another big body player opposition clubs have struggled with. All in all, the grounds will hopefully dry out over the next fortnight and we will see some great finals footy!
Next week's Resa vs Wats game will be intriguing as they fight for 2nd spot. If Resa get up, I think that first final against Morang would be a ripper!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South morang will take confidence from beating your big bodied players. By the way, who are on top of the ladder.

none of these div 3 teams will stand a chance against anyone in div 2

Uneducated comment? Div 3 has definitely improved in all areas over the last few years. The last 3 premierships all teams are still in div 2 (obviously Mernda are coming back down in 2016)

The top 3 sides would match it with the lower sides in div 2 no probelms IMO.

Anyway, what a week its going to be! The finals have pretty much come a week early for Ressa v Watsy. Huge match, whoever wins gets a crack at South Morang for a Grand final berth.

The final round and still plenty of anticipation:

Banyule vs Epping. Can't see the Bears upsetting the Blues as they prepare to make thru the finals series.
Reservoir vs Watsonia. Massive game with a huge prize to the winner. Expect the Mustangs to take the prize from a gallant Saints.
South Morang vs West Heidelberg. The Lions to tune up for the finals with a big win over the Hawks.

none of these div 3 teams will stand a chance against anyone in div 2
Terrible statement.. All div 3 sides have stayed up in div 2 first year. Div 3 standard has risen every season. Reservoir South morang watsy Epping and banyule would be competitive amongst the bottom 4 Even Banyule are more than capable. Mernda would certainly battle to play finals in current state!

Another dismal season from Heidelberg West. Average losing margin of 60 points in the seniors and 92 points in the reserves. What do they need to do? Go into the VAFA? Or another league where they are going to be competitive? I do not understand how they have not improved yet, lack of money? Lack of players wanting to join the club based on past seasons results? Probably both. I am just a watcher of local footy nowdays, I have played against the club before off the field they kick goals and drink until the wee hours of the nights. When there is a scuffle everyone is so quick to "jump in" and fly the flag but they are not willing to work hard when playing the actual game? Maybe take up boxing.

I know how hard the committee and the president work. It is a credit to them.

Another dismal season from Heidelberg West. Average losing margin of 60 points in the seniors and 92 points in the reserves. What do they need to do? Go into the VAFA? Or another league where they are going to be competitive? I do not understand how they have not improved yet, lack of money? Lack of players wanting to join the club based on past seasons results? Probably both. I am just a watcher of local footy nowdays, I have played against the club before off the field they kick goals and drink until the wee hours of the nights. When there is a scuffle everyone is so quick to "jump in" and fly the flag but they are not willing to work hard when playing the actual game? Maybe take up boxing.

I know how hard the committee and the president work. It is a credit to them.

sh1t club

sh1t club

thats a hard statment they have a lot of hard working people at the club, i thought that they were going to change their name to warringul hawks like their under 19 used to be called as the name heildeberg west was a hamper to attracting players maby the name change is long over due to the bad vibes about being west heildeberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back