NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin is in his right to say it how it is. He provided a service for a fee that was agreed upon. It only reflects the club. Having been a long-term viewer of Div 3 football.

It is possible that Justin was using the money he was supposed to receive to pay the players. I have witnessed such cases in the past. It is difficult to carry on when someone promises you something and then the operations manager tells you a different thing. It's like selling someone a dream and then snatching it away from them.

How can you tell a guy we'll sign you for 2 years, than say if something better comes along your out. Thats jus plain wrong

Ressa will continue because the individuals at the club and the die-hard player they have don't know any other way - They continue to be mediocre because that's all they know.
What? Why would a coach pay players out of his own pocket.

Anyone know what numbers are like at Lalors training? Wouldn't be surprised if numbers already started to drop. A long way for them to climb.

Anyone know what numbers are like at Lalors training? Wouldn't be surprised if numbers already started to drop. A long way for them to climb.
Still getting a constant 30 to 35 with plenty to return after Xmas so thats a good start. Hearing from a few they are a bit dirty on the club for letting the head trainer go.
If they can increase the numbers to a solid 50 in the new year it will help. Then they just have to keep them

Still getting a constant 30 to 35 with plenty to return after Xmas so thats a good start. Hearing from a few they are a bit dirty on the club for letting the head trainer go.
If they can increase the numbers to a solid 50 in the new year it will help. Then they just have to keep them
That's not too bad. I'm sure they'll find a replacement for the trainer position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mustangs more of a worry that Lalor I reckon.

100% they need to come up clutch over the Christmas break with recruiting a coach and at least 18-20 new blokes for any sort of hope of survival.

They'll have a side round 1, but by round 4-5 the doors will be shut.

It's quite disheartening when you analyze the situation. The team opted for the easy way out to secure a flag but has failed to progress. Ultimately, the fault lies with those who claimed to represent the club's best interests but couldn't see the a through the blue and while bars

Unless they can pull a serious rabbit out the hat, Ressa will be done before the first month of games. Lalor slightly ahead given the Whitnall appointment and decent numbers on the track so far.

It's a bit delicate given I'm from an opposing club, and I'm definitely not having a pot shot by any stretch, but has there been any talk of a merger between Lalor and Reservoir? I only ask because in country Victoria this has happened time and time again to ensure one or both clubs simply don't disappear. It happened in the VAFA last year when Yarra Valley and Manningham Cobras joined forces. They finished 8th and 10th respectively in 2022, and as a combined entity in 2023 they made the Grand Final, losing by 3 points to a goal late in the game and have been promoted.

As i said, I'm not advocating that it happen, but just interested if it had been considered.

They'll have a side round 1, but by round 4-5 the doors will be shut.

It's quite disheartening when you analyze the situation. The team opted for the easy way out to secure a flag but has failed to progress. Ultimately, the fault lies with those who claimed to represent the club's best interests but couldn't see the a through the blue and while bars
One side or two sides? Driving past the other day and seeing less than one side. Going to be a miracle for that club to even get past Rd 1. But do hope they pull it off.

One side or two sides? Driving past the other day and seeing less than one side. Going to be a miracle for that club to even get past Rd 1. But do hope they pull it off.

two quick thoughts ......questions?

1/ How were Ressa's numbers last year - did twos forfeit games?

2/ Could the new coach (or coaches) come from the two Assistant coaches and as they know the playing group and I would imagine were involved in helping secure the new recruits?

Chump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back