NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Thomastown going big with recruits. Will be hard to beat there.

Diamond creek will need to recruit a few for next year or risk being overtaken.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Thomastown still a fair of catching up too do get close to diamond creek, they sack their coach every year what a mighty culture.

It’ll be out of Lower and Watsonia. I thought Lower would post a few following their first announcement but nothing…
Only time will tell but Watsy had plenty of quality senior players playing out of position last year who could be set for big years. Still need a few more signings to fill out the list but I can tell you the playing list is hungry.

Thommo also going to have to replace Tyrone who is close to the best player in the entire NFNL let alone Div 2.

Plus Lower will be looking to improve on last year and Moose Stephens is a great coach who will have a few players keen to follow him over to Lower.

Has anyone heard anything about Northcote at all?

Only time will tell but Watsy had plenty of quality senior players playing out of position last year who could be set for big years. Still need a few more signings to fill out the list but I can tell you the playing list is hungry.

Thommo also going to have to replace Tyrone who is close to the best player in the entire NFNL let alone Div 2.

Plus Lower will be looking to improve on last year and Moose Stephens is a great coach who will have a few players keen to follow him over to Lower.

I’ve heard the Epping boys may be returning to the Epping

Best player in the entire NFNL 🤣 step up and play in the main grade. Big fish

Best player in the entire NFNL 🤣 step up and play in the main grade. Big fish
I said he'd be close to. At his best he was one of the better players in the VFL and there was talk of North Melbourne picking him up on the main list. If you saw him play in his year at Mont he was incredible. Still going at a very high level these days and would have no issue polling a lot of league votes in Div 1

I said he'd be close to. At his best he was one of the better players in the VFL and there was talk of North Melbourne picking him up on the main list. If you saw him play in his year at Mont he was incredible. Still going at a very high level these days and would have no issue polling a lot of league votes in Div 1
He's going at a very high level in Div 2.... Three clubs in Div 2 now ....

Didn't poll double digits in div 2

Not sure how some of these clubs aren’t being investigated money wise. From what I have heard morang and Thomastown’s cap is spent in 6 players each side with the absurd figures I’ve been told they are throwing at their signings. Success comes down to money and when clubs like that pay outside of the cap it doesn’t make it fair on the others doing the right thing

Northcote are a serious chance not to get a side together, the reserves almost 100% won’t be able to and u19s push has already failed again. Club is in serious strife

Not sure how some of these clubs aren’t being investigated money wise. From what I have heard morang and Thomastown’s cap is spent in 6 players each side with the absurd figures I’ve been told they are throwing at their signings. Success comes down to money and when clubs like that pay outside of the cap it doesn’t make it fair on the others doing the right thing

Northcote are a serious chance not to get a side together, the reserves almost 100% won’t be able to and u19s push has already failed again. Club is in serious strife
It’s quite simple. You can’t be caught. Plenty of clubs are cheating.

Northcote park still without a coach? very tough times for a once dominant d1 club.

It’s quite simple. You can’t be caught. Plenty of clubs are cheating.

Northcote park still without a coach? very tough times for a once dominant d1 club.
Times change Northcote park once powerful club were also able to gain players from other local clubs. Now some these clubs have got better and the cougars have slip away eg. Fitzroy who are now an a grade ammo’s club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope your not talking about Tyrone Leonardis? Not even close to one of the best players in the entire NFNL and to say he was at VFL level is laughable. He averaged about 13 touches in his 3 years at North Melbourne and got in the best a total of 3 times over that 3 years.
Yes a good DIv 2 player, but settle down.

At his year at Mont? He played 4 games

At his year at Mont? He played 4 games
And was very good in those 4 games. Was in the VFL for the others.

He'd still be one of the better players in Div 1 today.

Regardless, Thommo haven't recruited anyone that can replace his output. At this stage they're worse than this year.

Anyone got word on Southy? Mat Robinson ex skipper in talks with Hoes and OP’s?? Both in need of a tall utility that can play either end of the park. Also Riley Hopkins annoyed with lack of senior opportunity, on the move as well

Times change Northcote park once powerful club were also able to gain players from other local clubs. Now some these clubs have got better and the cougars have slip away eg. Fitzroy who are now an a grade ammo’s club
I work with a bloke who plays there, says they’ve been announcing recommitments from players who actually haven’t committed yet which is concerning for them.

I work with a bloke who plays there, says they’ve been announcing recommitments from players who actually haven’t committed yet which is concerning for them.
Name your mate and name the players that have been announced as committed that aren’t, that’s one of the stupidest comments I’ve read on this page of make believe….

Just seen Watsonia put up a few players staying at the club which is great to see. James Latross is a player who can easily fill a void with some of the players they have lost down forward big body who knows how to kick goals

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back