2015 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here here

Which ever team wins it, they should stay put! Save themselves from humiliation!
i agree i think the only team to match the body size of div two would be resa but they will struggle for pace .south morang have the pace but lack the big bodies wats lack the skill and pace to compete up a div epping still metally scared from the double drop will need a year or two to get that right and charge back up the divs

i agree i think the only team to match the body size of div two would be resa but they will struggle for pace .south morang have the pace but lack the big bodies wats lack the skill and pace to compete up a div epping still metally scared from the double drop will need a year or two to get that right and charge back up the divs

Couldn't have written it better myself :thumbsu:

Would love to know your big thing about south morangs lack of "big bodies"
I have seen twice this year morang smash reservoir in contested footy with this lack of size. A midfield of shelton, potter buckley, forward line of Harrison Johnstone and Watson and backline of Howlett robinson meade hicks doesnt lack
size. Really sick of hearing about morangs lack of body size, but i suppose going 13-3 thia year there must be an issue?

Every year people say the same things about sides coming up and sides going down. The sides going up will be straight back down and the sides going down will go straight back up...

BUT they always base their thinking on current squads. A side going up a division will attract players as it is now in a higher standard and a club going down will usually lose some players as there are some who don't want to play in a lower grade. Thus sides will improve moving up divisions, they will attract better players, more sponsorship and as they say; success breeds success.

The short sited thinking of people is incredible. Anyone who thinks its as black and white as basing it on current squads, just doesn't know footy.

sh1t club

They won 5 or 6 games last year and might have finished 5th I think. div 3 continues to improve across the board and they seem to have a young side with some excellent players but just didn't improve the same way they did for the last 2 years and Banyule joining didn't help there cause.

Would love to know your big thing about south morangs lack of "big bodies"
I have seen twice this year morang smash reservoir in contested footy with this lack of size. A midfield of shelton, potter buckley, forward line of Harrison Johnstone and Watson and backline of Howlett robinson meade hicks doesnt lack
size. Really sick of hearing about morangs lack of body size, but i suppose going 13-3 thia year there must be an issue?

easy from all reports Harrison wont be playing next season as he wants to coach and possible two others only want to play 3rd div at this stage of their careers their young ruck man wears 31 has a great leap but is very slight in build and if banged into body to body all day might struggle and they are still a young side most would be under 25 years of age but good luck to them I am not knocking them just stating what I have seen .

easy from all reports Harrison wont be playing next season as he wants to coach and possible two others only want to play 3rd div at this stage of their careers their young ruck man wears 31 has a great leap but is very slight in build and if banged into body to body all day might struggle and they are still a young side most would be under 25 years of age but good luck to them I am not knocking them just stating what I have seen .

Agree. Johnstone didn't play last week. Has a quad. No certainty. Hicks didn't play either. Has missed a few weeks now. No certainty. Don't know how Watson can be considered a big body?. If Johnstone doesn't come up that leaves Harrison up forward. Watsons record shows he kicks goals against the bottom side but struggles against dare I say " big bodies ". 27 goals for the year. 20 of them against the bottom 3 sides. its all just opinions. They may prove me wrong in finals will get a good idea this week. They played resa round 1 then again in round 9 but I think Resa have been on a good run since.

The Finals are here:

South Morang vs Reservoir. The Lions have been the standout team all season and should beat the Mustangs to be the first into the big dance.
Watsonia vs Epping. Plenty of quality players in for the Saints but still believe that the Blues have the players to stay alive.

Watched resa and south. Hope the souths captain is ok. Taken away in an ambulance 3 minutes into the game. As for the game souths were outplayed and outcoached. I understand souths took a few injured players into the game, normally a no no in finals and it came back to bite them. With the captain gone and another player red carded it left them behind the eight ball. They fought hard but poor entry into the forward line and the young small bodies being pushed aside as well as resa breaking takles easily they should have lost by more. What didnt help were some realy strange coaching moves. He doesnt seem to let them setting in a position, makes to many changes and interchange it cant give them any comfidence. Pavitt wad easily their best with shelton. servicable and number 5 good in the backline. Harrison held, obviously injured, johnstone also injured left it to Pavitt. Their young guns like watson struggled against the bigger bodies which happens every time. I can see them going out in straight sets.

South Morang let themselves down badly, in both games. Banyule and Ressa too strong.

With The ambulance being called for Buckley in the first few minutes, thought this would have spurred Morang on, even game up till 1/2 time than During the third quarter Ressa just bolted ahead. Morang very disappointing from then on. Great we have a second chance next week, will need to review a lot of play.

Banyule's water boy coaching from the side lines. No excuses though, both sides better on the day.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great comeback by pingers today. They looked out of it just before half time. Will take a lot of confidence and momentum into next week. Their spread of goal kickers was realy good. I think souths will need to find more goals to get over them. As i said in an earlier post i dont think 11goals will be enough to win finals.

Amazing game yesterday, 20 mins into the second qtr and Watsonia were 10+ goals ahead and running Epping off their feet.
2 late goals before half time however game them some belief, and to their credit played an outstanding 3rd quarter on the back of the mids getting on top, and a resolute rebounding defence.
The last was an exciting even affair with Eppings momentum getting them over the line.

Kudos to Eppings No 35 Wood (Sherrif i think was his nickname) he was absolutely outstanding all day even when the chips were down he stood up.

Watsonia looked faster and fitter in the 1st half and would be very disappointed to fade out like that.

Epping will now carry some belief that they can rally against anything thrown up at them next week.

* I hope the 2 seriously injured guys from St Marys ressies side are OK.

Amazing game yesterday, 20 mins into the second qtr and Watsonia were 10+ goals ahead and running Epping off their feet.
2 late goals before half time however game them some belief, and to their credit played an outstanding 3rd quarter on the back of the mids getting on top, and a resolute rebounding defence.
The last was an exciting even affair with Eppings momentum getting them over the line.

Kudos to Eppings No 35 Wood (Sherrif i think was his nickname) he was absolutely outstanding all day even when the chips were down he stood up.

Watsonia looked faster and fitter in the 1st half and would be very disappointed to fade out like that.

Epping will now carry some belief that they can rally against anything thrown up at them next week.

* I hope the 2 seriously injured guys from St Marys ressies side are OK.

If Epping make it to the grand final, will it still be held at high street?

Just got sent this from a friend of mine who is on the Heidelberg West Football Club page on Facebook.

Heidelberg West Football Club invite applications for the position of

**SENIOR COACH**

An exciting opportunity for an ambitious senior coach for season 2016. HWFC is seeking a driven individual with a network of resources who will relish the challenge of taking the club and it's young list into the future.

The successful candidate MUST have
• high level of motivation to succeed
• outstanding communication skills

Also proven competencies that include but not limited to
• developing modern game plan
• setting and achieving goals
• game reviews and opposition analysis
• be able to build relationships and develop young talent
• a willingness to embrace the club both on and off the field.
• a commitment to implement
change

Other attributes that will be considered favorable but not essential include a comprehensive knowledge of the competition and players, the possibility of bringing players into our club.

Senior coaching experience is desired but not essential. We are committed to developing our playing list and need the right person to take us forward. We are looking for a person who will relish the challenge and wants this opportunity to make a difference and do something special.

If you think this person is YOU.
Please forward applications to nevbyrne@optusnet.com.au applications close 25th September 2015

Be a brave man to take on that job. As a committee they should get somebody from outside of the club, a person nobody knows directly. A guy that can bring 10-15 senior players too.

Over the years they have not got the coach right, I am still of the opinion they need to move comps. I don't think the coach is an issue, it is the amount of quality players. I have no idea how they work behind closed doors. Having the results that the West lads have had over the past decade is not very appealing to players, unless it is for 400-600 plus per game.

Just got sent this from a friend of mine who is on the Heidelberg West Football Club page on Facebook.

Heidelberg West Football Club invite applications for the position of

**SENIOR COACH**

An exciting opportunity for an ambitious senior coach for season 2016. HWFC is seeking a driven individual with a network of resources who will relish the challenge of taking the club and it's young list into the future.

The successful candidate MUST have
• high level of motivation to succeed
• outstanding communication skills

Also proven competencies that include but not limited to
• developing modern game plan
• setting and achieving goals
• game reviews and opposition analysis
• be able to build relationships and develop young talent
• a willingness to embrace the club both on and off the field.
• a commitment to implement
change

Other attributes that will be considered favorable but not essential include a comprehensive knowledge of the competition and players, the possibility of bringing players into our club.

Senior coaching experience is desired but not essential. We are committed to developing our playing list and need the right person to take us forward. We are looking for a person who will relish the challenge and wants this opportunity to make a difference and do something special.

If you think this person is YOU.
Please forward applications to nevbyrne@optusnet.com.au applications close 25th September 2015

Be a brave man to take on that job. As a committee they should get somebody from outside of the club, a person nobody knows directly. A guy that can bring 10-15 senior players too.

Over the years they have not got the coach right, I am still of the opinion they need to move comps. I don't think the coach is an issue, it is the amount of quality players. I have no idea how they work behind closed doors. Having the results that the West lads have had over the past decade is not very appealing to players, unless it is for 400-600 plus per game.

They gotta try something. Top 10 players stack up but the depth is a problem from what I have seen this year. Started the season ok enough but fell in a hole. Not sure moving comps is the answer

They gotta try something. Top 10 players stack up but the depth is a problem from what I have seen this year. Started the season ok enough but fell in a hole. Not sure moving comps is the answer

10 years of being nothing short of horrible, what is the answer for that? How are you going to create depth when you cant attract players to the club? You may be speaking of lack of depth due to injuries, every single club has that issue but have 3-5 twos players who would be a walk up start at West.

My reason as to why they fell in this hole is because maybe players thought that they are not going anywhere, not gonna win games and it will be like every other year, start off well and when other clubs hit their straps they get smashed and fade away. Players may also not play for one another or the coach, now the coach is gone surely they can get it right for the 5th time in 10 years.

Must be a horrible thing playing for a club where you know you are going to get beat my 60 points every week. 59 point losing margin this season or whatever it is. Other clubs that play against must treat it as a walk in the park, fine tune things, obviously dont respect West as they have no genuine reason to show them respect.

I want to see them improve more than anyone, but this comp with their players is not the place for improvement.

Hats off to the South Morang football club for the way in which they have handled the changing of the fixture for the under 19s game vs Whittlesea on Saturday.

Obviously not easy for the Whittlesea football club and their u19 group, and from all reports South Morang were very respectful of the situation and should be very proud of themselves.

Good luck to both tams on Saturday.

It's make or break for these two this weekend with the winner to keep the dream alive and the loser to rue probably would could have been. Think that the momentum that the Blues will gain from last week's extraordinary win will take them into he big dance with the Lions a bit shell-shocked still.

South Morang vs Epping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back