2015 Fantasy Cats Players

Remove this Banner Ad

CHF should be Walker's spot to lose.
Clark isn't a walk up start in my eyes.

What so Clark plays VFL? I don't flumping think so. Players like him (27, AA Couple years ago, decent goal kicker, you guys know the type of player I mean) don't run in the seconds... I reckon he's essentially a lock for CHF for at least the first 5 rounds, barring injury and suchlike

Selwood lock.
Mccarthy pity he played 3 games price will go up but not that much,maybe 155 ish.
JJ.
Cowan.
One of Hogan Or Clark who ever is fit.
Duncan if he gets DPP but plenty of talk about other good scorers getting dpp from other clubs.

If Duncan & Caddy both get DPP (unlikely) who would you select first out of them? Or would you get both?

Selwood is a LOCK for me.
Duncan & Caddy will only get if they are DPP as there are others around their price in the MIDS who score better.
Taylor could be cheap enough to get D3 so see how he goes NAB Challenge if he is back to his high scoring best.
Lang & Jansen are very tempting as they are both super cheap & will get lots more chances in 2015 with our changes.

What so Clark plays VFL? I don't flumping think so. Players like him (27, AA Couple years ago, decent goal kicker, you guys know the type of player I mean) don't run in the seconds... I reckon he's essentially a lock for CHF for at least the first 5 rounds, barring injury and suchlike

He has to earn his spot in the team.

If Duncan & Caddy both get DPP (unlikely) who would you select first out of them? Or would you get both?
Unsure if both will get dpp status in SC.But there was talk about Duncan heat pattens that he might get dpp in either DT or SC.If either are not dpp NO for me because KJack and Bennell (suns) Lids most will likely be dpp players.

Not including the more experienced ones (Selwood, Stevie J, Enright, etc), the Geelong prospects I'm most excited by (un-injured) are:

Kersten - Has good pre-season, plays in our FWD line as F3 during NAB Challenge, scores alright, will be cheap enough to get as a F5.
Motlop - After a few quiet weeks coming back he scored very well for a stretch there before tiring again. If he has full pre-season I a very excited about Motlop having much bigger fitness and running out games better in the midfield plus he kicks goals too!
Guthrie - If he doesn't tag, AT ALL, during the NAB Challenge then I will definitely jump on as he racks up good points when playing in the midfield and not tagging (E.g. Round 22 vs Hawks).
Caddy - Finished off the year on fire! Sadly his price will be higher next year because of the great finish this season. If he is still a DPP Mid/Fwd I will be buying as a Forward, otherwide Caddy might be able to squeeze into my midfield as a pure midfielder but we shall see.
Lang - Will still be super cheap after only a half of footy in 2014. If he plays all 3 NAB Challenge matches and scores well enough I will be getting him probably on midfield bench or M8.
Jansen - Well where do I start :p No AFL at all in 2014, was only $117,000 this year so should be even cheaper or around that price. Just like Lang if JJ plays the NAB Challenge and shows enough scoring potential will most likely be getting him on MID bench.
Duncan - Just gets better and better each year. Sadly I have never got him as there are higher scoring players around his price though Duncan has shown he is very consistent. See how he goes NAB Challenge before making a call.
Thurlow - Will definitely play more games in 2015, at least 15 I would think, and without being SUB in them like this year and playing across the Wing & half back he should rack up some points nicely & at his price it would be a good pick-up if he is DPP as a D4-5 or M6-7.
Next year will the first time in quite a few seasons I won't be picking Enright:cry:

Duncan, caddy and Clark will be my GFC shortlist after Selwood of course. Probably will pick Rich as a cash cow also.

Lincoln McCarthy on the F bench if his price remains low enough.

He should be pushing hard for a small forward spot next season.

Next year will the first time in quite a few seasons I won't be picking Enright:cry:

Duncan, caddy and Clark will be my GFC shortlist after Selwood of course. Probably will pick Rich as a cash cow also.

Lincoln McCarthy on the F bench if his price remains low enough.

He should be pushing hard for a small forward spot next season.

Me too it's not going to be the same without Enright :'( But if he scores well in all 3 NAB Challenge games I might change ;)

Duncan & Caddy are on my shortlist but only if they are DPP otherwise sadly there are better players around their prices.

Clark I will 99% most likely getting. As long as he gets through NAB Challenge he'll be my F4 or F5 most likely.

If we are super lucky they will make Lang a MID/FWD so we can get him super cheap on the FWD bench so he racks up the points for us ;)

Will you be getting Bartel next season or you think he will slowly start scoring less and less?

I get tired watching Selwood. The kid hasn't had a break since 18. Makes me hesitate picking him. Looking at footywire the least games he has played is 17 in a season. That is incredible. At the top end he is the only cat I will look closely at.

I tend to avoid Cats players in general as we rotate them both in and out of the team and in to different roles. This year though I think we will have at least two cash cows. The need to regenerate the list is too high. I think there are 6-10 games in a row for a budget Menzel, Cowan, Lang or Vardy, someone is getting games and going up 150-200k. That someone might be Clark who will also be looked at.

Caddy and Duncan...not sure either are going to improve 10+ points on their current price, though Caddy has more room than Duncan for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get tired watching Selwood. The kid hasn't had a break since 18. Makes me hesitate picking him. Looking at footywire the least games he has played is 17 in a season. That is incredible. At the top end he is the only cat I will look closely at.

I tend to avoid Cats players in general as we rotate them both in and out of the team and in to different roles. This year though I think we will have at least two cash cows. The need to regenerate the list is too high. I think there are 6-10 games in a row for a budget Menzel, Cowan, Lang or Vardy, someone is getting games and going up 150-200k. That someone might be Clark who will also be looked at.

Caddy and Duncan...not sure either are going to improve 10+ points on their current price, though Caddy has more room than Duncan for that.

My LOCK at the moment is Selwood, though you are right he has done so much for a 26 year old, he still won't take a break aha.
My cash cows will be Lang on MID bench & Clark as a F4 or F5 & maybe Thurlow as D5 if cheap enough.
I do like both Duncan & Caddy but will only be getting them if they are DPP in FWD line (unlikely).

Someone started something on DreamTeam which helps you start selecting a team with the usual $10,000,000 buying player for what they are predicted to be worth.

Clark was the 3rd most selected player at 60%!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back