Votes: 19 25.7%
  • thejester

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Willo_

Votes: 19 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

POTY voting has been temporarily suspended.
It will be reopened presently.

Go Catters

Look, it's been brought to my attention that certain people think I am only doing the inquisition to try ramp up votes for this thing.

Can I just say I am offended and quite frankly pissed off that such an accusation would even be made.
Anyone that has done one can vouch for me that quite a bit of work goes into them, to suggest I would do these and put in all this work for the sake of a pretend bloody medal on an internet forum is pretty ordinary.

I did them to try and help cheer up a board that I had seen go backwards, people liked and responded well to them and after a great deal of thought I decided to do another round.... I am more than happy to be excluded from the voting if people are so concerned about it, I am more than happy to just stop doing them all together if that is the feeling about them.

and as for the suspension of the votes... ALL the people in the running for the award know why it was suspended...
The whole thing has unfortunately become a reflection of how far this place has slipped.

Congratulations to the 2015 Geelong Board
Poster of the Year Award:

Willo_

Please join me in congratulating Willo_ who is a long time high quality contributor to this board. I'd also like to congratulate the other nominees, many of whom would also have been worthy recipients of this award.

----

Note: In the final tally of votes we have removed all votes made by alias accounts. It is unfortunate that we have had to take this step. We have reviewed votes by the winning contenders and this has resulted in Willo_ being a clear and worthy winner of this award.

Note: In the final tally of votes we have removed all votes made by alias accounts. It is unfortunate that we have had to take this step. We have reviewed votes by the winning contenders and this has resulted in Willo_ being a clear and worthy winner of this award.

Can you give us final total for first and second ?
At the moment it show both Teri and Willo on 19 votes

Congrats Willo_
That probing you do didn't lose you votes

apk5t.gif

congratulations Willo_, love the interview series and always been a well-regarded and respected poster. :thumbsu:

- not sure what happened with regards to alleged shenanigans (?!?!), it would be a shame to see something of that nature come to light; without wanting to denigrate the 'award' whatsoever, it *is* only a message board award, awarded for fun, sad to think anyone would take it seriously enough to try to rig it (ok, I'm just pissed I never thought of it myself, I could have threepeated by now if I'd been surreptitious enough!!) ;)

Can you give us final total for first and second ?
At the moment it show both Teri and Willo on 19 votes

Congrats Willo_
That probing you do didn't lose you votes

apk5t.gif
Willo_ finished three clear on 19 votes.

:eek: Wow! So that would have made four alias accounts! Hope those alias accounts were banned! :mad:

The original accounts should be banned also, not just the alias accounts.

:eek: Wow! So that would have made four alias accounts! Hope those alias accounts were banned! :mad:

It's amazing the lengths some people will go to in an attempt to exert influence - be it aggressively or otherwise.

Good thing it's all over now.
And once again, congratulations to the winners and all the nominees for their fantastic work thru the year.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Willo_ a deserving winner; enjoy reading his posts and contributions to the board and great to see his contribution recognised.

Well done to all the other nominees also, along with those who may not have had the 3 nominations required but did pick up a vote or 2 from others during the initial nomination process. We have a vast array of posters on this board, and we all contribute to a range of topics in our own, meaningful way and that is what makes our discussions lively, and enjoyable - and that can be seen from how difficult this process was with even trying to narrow it down to 3 nominations.

Keep up the good work and strong posting, the interesting and insightful conversations because majority of the time this is a great place for footy or off-topic random discussions.

Well I can safely say I am shocked to be sitting here!

Even if it is as I put it a 'pretend bloody medal on an internet forum' :oops: I do feel chuffed to have people like my posting.

It's a shame it would ever come to alias votes and other nonsense to be honest, but thanks I guess to Galaxy for bringing it to the attention of all the nominees and the mods (though no doubt they would picked it up anyway)

I'm not really deserving, I have no where near the insight of several posters who were IMO criminally under voted.

But still thanks all the same :D

Congrats Willo_. It's a shame the whole thing has ended in controversy, but you are a deserving winner nonetheless. Despite the inquisitions, you're a great poster in your own right. But the concept of thd inquisitions certainly has cemented your rep as one of the best posters on our board.

Congrats Willo_. It's a shame the whole thing has ended in controversy, but you are a deserving winner nonetheless. Despite the inquisitions, you're a great poster in your own right. But the concept of thd inquisitions certainly has cemented your rep as one of the best posters on our board.

oi speak for yourself /popcorn gif

Looks like I owe you a drink as well :D

Back