Injury 2015 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Morris out for around 6 weeks with the pectoral injury. If surgery is required that could go up to 8 - 10.

Wallis out for 3 - 4 with deep bruising.

I am no doctor but 3 to 4 weeks seems a long time deep for bruising with the treatment available now, may there is something a bit worse.

Thought Morris would be a guaranteed 10-12 week absence. Was interested to see the diagnosis with Wally though. Not a common injury.

Thought Morris would be a guaranteed 10-12 week absence. Was interested to see the diagnosis with Wally though. Not a common injury.
Didn't Dickson have a pectoral tear last year? Was a long layoff whoever it was.
Moz will be missed, but as always it gives someone else a chance to show their stuff. Seems like a great opportunity for Hamling.

Having had muscle inflamation impinge on the nerves around my spine, I can vouch that that area of the body takes a lot longer to heal than most other areas.

Yes I have had bulging disc and inflammation and took a couple weeks. But that's is my point maybe it is more than bruising. I remember getting a knee in the back resulting in bruising and playing footy the next week.

Moz out for a couple of months hurt, but having to look on the bright side it speeds up the development of Hamling & Roberts. Time to lace up boys

I am no doctor but 3 to 4 weeks seems a long time deep for bruising with the treatment available now, may there is something a bit worse.

Athletes don't tend to have a lot of mass [ read fat ] around the lower back to protect them from impacts in that area. Looking several times at the incident on TV, Wal may well have bruising, and thus inflammation deep in his muscles and around the spine, and possibly around his kidney. Any bruising that close to the spine is more painful, and debilitating than similar damage in most other areas of the body.
We just have to hope there is nothing more than deep bruising for Wal's and the team's sakes.

From the WB website:

Player Injury Duration
Matthew Boyd calf test
Marcus Bontempelli calf test
Easton Wood hamstring test
Mitch Wallis back 2 weeks
Caleb Daniel knee 2 - 3 weeks
Zaine Cordy shoulder 5 weeks
Matt Fuller quad 7 weeks
Dale Morris pectoral muscle 6-8 weeks
Tom Liberatore knee season

Six of our best 22 are on that list. My guess is only Bonts will be back this week. And that's only if he's 100% recovered.

Engine room lacking a lot of grunt without libba and wallis. Dahl, Hrovat, Jong and Honey are in for a rough few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Engine room lacking a lot of grunt without libba and wallis. Dahl, Hrovat, Jong and Honey are in for a rough few weeks.
Can Dahl play that role temporarily? Bit of a waste I know, but we don't have many other choices.

From the WB website:

Player Injury Duration
Matthew Boyd calf test
Marcus Bontempelli calf test
Easton Wood hamstring test
Caleb Daniel knee 2 - 3 weeks
Zaine Cordy shoulder 5 weeks
Matt Fuller quad 7 weeks
Dale Morris pectoral muscle 6-8 weeks

Six of our best 22 are on that list. My guess is only Bonts will be back this week. And that's only if he's 100% recovered.
I'd say 6 of our top 13.

1. Libba
2. Macrae
3. Murph
4. Bonti
5. Morris
6. Boyd
7. Dal
8. Stringer
9. Minson
10. Crameri
11. Roughie
12. Wallis
13. Wood

Compare that to Adelaide who only ha e crouch out of their top dozen or so. Makes it tough.

Any chance we'll put Morris on the long term injury list?
Who would we upgrade as a rookie?
Agree it is unlikely, but for mine I suppose we could upgrade Pearce. If he were to play, it would free up Picken to play more through the middle. Kelly is behind Roberts and Hamling and Roarke Smith probably behind Darley, Biggs and Webb.

Agree it is unlikely, but for mine I suppose we could upgrade Pearce. If he were to play, it would free up Picken to play more through the middle. Kelly is behind Roberts and Hamling and Roarke Smith probably behind Darley, Biggs and Webb.
Pearce is probably the 2nd last guy on the list I would play, and the only guy behind him is Fuller. No chance he gets upgraded.

I'd say 6 of our top 13.

1. Libba
2. Macrae
3. Murph
4. Bonti
5. Morris
6. Boyd
7. Dal
8. Stringer
9. Minson
10. Crameri
11. Roughie
12. Wallis
13. Wood

Compare that to Adelaide who only ha e crouch out of their top dozen or so. Makes it tough.

Minson in top 10 he has just been dropped ?

Pearce is probably the 2nd last guy on the list I would play, and the only guy behind him is Fuller. No chance he gets upgraded.
Yeah, I don't see him getting a game either. But He's the only rookie who's position isn't already completely full.

From the WB website:

WESTERN BULLDOGS INJURY LIST
Player Injury Duration
Sam Darley hamstring 2 weeks
Caleb Daniel knee 3 weeks
Zaine Cordy shoulder 4 weeks
Matt Fuller quad 5 weeks
Dale Morris pectoral muscle 8 weeks
Jordan Kelly finger 8 weeks

The article suggests Wallis might be a little more than 2 weeks. Kelly is the new one - 6-8 weeks after surgery on a finger tendon.

The good news is that they sound 100% confident about Stringer being OK to play against the Swans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back