Injury 2015 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully it's just a glitch? He's got a band-aid on AFL fantasy.
50ca969bec031.jpg

OP updated: Webster, Murdoch, Wright off the injury list, Schneider and White added (both Tests) and Joey (1 week)

Gilbert one week away!
Before anybody gets excited, Bilbo will come back via the VFL, so he won't be flying across the ditch.

Riewoldt was a late withdrawal from the Saints' team that played Collingwood last Friday night, with St Kilda announcing the next day that he had suffered a low-grade calf strain. Larkins did not expect the Saints skipper would play in the club's Anzac Day clash with Carlton in Wellington. "At his age (32) and given the style of footy he plays, he's looking at two or three weeks at the low end for a calf injury," Larkins said.

Larkins also said:

- St Kilda's Luke Dunstan was in doubt for the Anzac Day clash with Carlton after receiving treatment for a hamstring injury late in the Saints' loss to Collingwood.

:cry::cry::cry:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry though, our run with hamstring injures is 'just bad luck'. :rolleyes:

This is so funny to me.

So, we have two long term hamstring injuries. That's it. Even if we had more, suggesting that something is unlikely doesn't prove the opposite to be true. Suggesting that all the series of events took place that would have to for the program to actually be the direct cause of any injury is equally as unlikely.

Anytime we have a hamstring injury now it's just further proof that there is some hamstring weakening portion to the athletic department?

This is so funny to me.

So, we have two long term hamstring injuries. That's it. Even if we had more, suggesting that something is unlikely doesn't prove the opposite to be true. Suggesting that all the series of events took place that would have to for the program to actually be the direct cause of any injury is equally as unlikely.

Anytime we have a hamstring injury now it's just further proof that there is some hamstring weakening portion to the athletic department?
Hamstring issues this season (we're barely past Round 3!!!)

Savage
Billings
Ross
Ray
Roberton
Saunders
Dunstan

Yeah, that's definitely not a coincidence. Sorry, but I'm not happy with the club feeding me bullshit like 'it's just bad luck'.

This is so funny to me.

Does only LT hamstrings apply?

Savage
Billings
Ross
Ray
Roberton
Saunders
Dunstan

Yeah, that's definitely not a coincidence. Sorry, but I'm not happy with the club feeding me bullshit like 'it's just bad luck'.

Geary and Armo were injured too prior to round one

Savage
Billings
Ross
Ray
Roberton
Saunders
Dunstan

I think it's a combination of both :)

Our must important asset is our young players. We've prioritised their development and funnelling as much money their way as possible.

Yet we've butchered them with hammies

Counter productive and not a good look

Don't buy this coincidence bullshit either Rahul. Something stinks

Our must important asset is our young players. We've prioritised their development and funnelling as much money their way as possible.

You can't be definitive either way. It could be just bad luck thing with the player or it could be the programme. Injuries across the competition are becoming more regular

Unfortunately I've put it down to poor club trying to match spending in development, falling behind in high performance. Harsh truth is probably that we aren't close to the 8-ball in most areas to do with the footy department, we had to fall behind somewhere, it's disappointing that this is where it's showing. As I've said before, as long as this doesn't have long term impacts (especially on Billings, whose body and endurance is the only thing keeping him from being an impact player week in week out) on our team.

Unfortunately I've put it down to poor club trying to match spending in development, falling behind in high performance. Harsh truth is probably that we aren't close to the 8-ball in most areas to do with the footy department, we had to fall behind somewhere, it's disappointing that this is where it's showing. As I've said before, as long as this doesn't have long term impacts (especially on Billings, whose body and endurance is the only thing keeping him from being an impact player week in week out) on our team.
I think you're blowing this way out of proportion . It's pretty easy to come up with this assumption given where the club is at , however we haven't hired B grade amateurs to run the sports conditioning programme. I do understand the programme isn't bullet proof and may need some tweaking but sometimes you have to admit its bad luck

Where has the club said it was bad luck? Link please. Cause last I heard they were doing a full review of high performance and recovery. Dunstan would be the first hammy in a while and the club hasn't even said Dunstan is injured yet. Doc Larkins is hardly a solid source imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back