2015 jumper changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

the home jumper has more gold and less brown, and the away jumper vice-versa.
Hopefully this reduces the need for a white clash jumper.
If we wear our home jumper with white shorts v Crows/Lions/Tigers, the brown jumper is fine for all other away games.
Surely WCE away only possible clash.

Possible clash.

Our home jersey doesn't clash with anyone's except for maybe Adelaide's when looking into the sun and getting it confused with the new training singlet. Unless we play against Brisbane Bears or the West Coast in their 1987 kit, or in Black and White, there is not a reason for a clash jersey. What makes the whole thing even more ridiculous is that we end up wearing the brown jersey away against Collingwood, which is heading toward clash territory. Having said that, I am looking forward to seeing the new clash jersey on the players for our home game against Carlton.

Possible clash.

Our home jersey doesn't clash with anyone's except for maybe Adelaide's when looking into the sun and getting it confused with the new training singlet. Unless we play against Brisbane Bears or the West Coast in their 1987 kit, or in Black and White, there is not a reason for a clash jersey. What makes the whole thing even more ridiculous is that we end up wearing the brown jersey away against Collingwood, which is heading toward clash territory. Having said that, I am looking forward to seeing the new clash jersey on the players for our home game against Carlton.
Hehe.
Yes, I have always thought how random it is/was to wear a white jumper against Carlton. And wondered why the club would agree when it is not even close to a clash.
I doubt the white number brings us significant extra merch sale either. Surely when due for a new one, most kids will chose a white one OR a proper one. Very few would get both. If our next clash jumper is gold or brown, I will cop it (unless it has cartoons on it).

Our clash jumper should be the Blue Diamond one. 20 year anniversary since it was released. ;)

They can just surprise us by marching out for the first pre-season game in it. Fun

Our clash jumper should be the Blue Diamond one. 20 year anniversary since it was released. ;)
They should have a reunion for the poor sods who had to wear it.

As an incentive it should be compulsory for them to wear it again. That's the only time it should get an airing.

They should have a reunion for the poor sods who had to wear it.

As an incentive it should be compulsory for them to wear it again. That's the only time it should get an airing.
Whenever heritage round returns in the future, that jumper will be one of the options that could be used. haha

Whenever heritage round returns in the future, that jumper will be one of the options that could be used. haha
It is a heritage that is as unwanted as the winless seasons in 1928 & 1950.

It's that embarrassing.

I just thought I would chime in again with the 2015 merchandise having the different colour scheme AND the only way of knowing it's Hawthorn merchandise being the Hawthorn logo on the various shorts, shirts, hoody etc.

Some of the 2015 Hawthorn Adidas merchandise.... the Hawthorn logo will eventually peel away or peel completely off after a few washes (be it 10-50-100 ?), thus eventually it'll just be a generic Adidas item with no trace of Hawthorn in sight. Obviously the media polo is fine because the logo is stitched on and the training singlet + training shirt are ok because they are like the players guernsey (printed on the design itself).

I should have paid a bit more attention, I know the Hawthorn hoody is like this - I have a pair of Adidas shorts that has the same "material" that the logos are made of on some of the Hawthorn merchandise. The Adidas logo peeled away after a couple of times being in the wash.

FYI, player issued jumpers are now available on HawksNest online.

They only have Hodge, Gunston and Rioli on sale at the moment.

I love the description particularly the gold afl logo having "back to back" in it instead of the year of the premiership(s) won. This will be amazing to see the players wearing them :D.

The only positive thing I can say about the 2015 redesign is that there is no longer an embossed Hawks logo on the front chest like there was in the 13/14 jumper (I wouldn't have minded it so much if the players WORE the same thing - but it was only for the retail crowd).

These are player authentic so not sure if the same thing as you can actually select the size you want.

Having said that, FOMO took hold and I bought a Hodge 2015. :)

I wish Stewie Dew was still playing as that size would surely fit me :D. Would get one straight away if the 3xl's were available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the description particularly the gold afl logo having "back to back" in it instead of the year of the premiership(s) won. This will be amazing to see the players wearing them :D.

The only positive thing I can say about the 2015 redesign is that there is no longer an embossed Hawks logo on the front chest like there was in the 13/14 jumper (I wouldn't have minded it so much if the players WORE the same thing - but it was only for the retail crowd).
The embossed Hawks logo was likely a counterfeit detection measure.

God its like they try to make it as hard as possible to get one that fits. Why cant they lay it flat on a table and measure them, then post that info. Then we could measure a similar jumper and judge what size to get. Its not rocket surgery!

I know that Carlton has been doing these "player authentic" guernseys for a few years now. I'm pretty sure they charge around the same price for theirs too. Not sure if any other clubs do as well. Like the players guernseys these are also being made with the same material and are a tighter fit than the regular retails. These aren't the same as the player issues that we saw for sale last year though. The player issues were only ever in the one size being intended to go to the player if they needed them. I hope that this isn't going to jack up the price of the 2014 player issues as I was hoping to get one of Cyril's if they do release them this year.

Also

image.jpg

This is Grant Birchalls 2013 grand final guernsey. If you look closely enough, you can see there is an imprint on this one. So not sure if was used all the time or only occasionally but it has definately been on the players guernseys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back