2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Leuey play forward at all? If not, why not? He should be playing only FF or FB to learn.

Did Leuey play forward at all? If not, why not? He should be playing only FF or FB to learn.

I have to disagree with you. Leuey is clearly our best tap ruckman. He should be working on getting his around the ground work up.

At this stage in their careers we are not going to turn either Leuenberger or Martin into KPs. They have both failed in those rolls consistently when they have been forced into the rolls. The coaching staff has to come up with a plan to take advantage of their strengths as both are clearly best 22 players. The game against Geelong last year showed how they should be used. That is Leuey taking most of the ruck contests and Martin being given free reign to roam around as a tall midfielder and being the second ruck at the contest.

Seeing some of Stef's contested marking in the first 4 rounds makes me think that it would be very handy for him to be taking them inside forward 50.

Based on the "feedback" clearly and loudly emanating at times from the coach's box on Saturday I'd say the Berger still has a fair way to go to get back into the good books.

The fact that an experienced ruckman, coming up 27yo, is plonked back into the 2's, apparently to learn some fundamentals, says it all.

Maybe he is saying that he 'asked' to be punched because of his softness ... would Bazza have taken the same swipe at I-beat-up-on-cars-Browny?
Staker may be soft but that punch was a dog act that you only normally see in a pub

Maybe he is saying that he 'asked' to be punched because of his softness ... would Bazza have taken the same swipe at I-beat-up-on-cars-Browny?

If you mob can't pick a tounge in cheek comment .....................:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed that Uebergang has gone down back for redlands and got the most votes for them this weekend with 18 disposals 7 marks and 6 rebound 50's. Did he play back at all during his time with the academy/qld? thought he was more of a forward.

Josh McGuinness looks pretty good out there. Needs a bit of muscle but gives good drive and looks clean by foot.

Old time footy is Back! The magoos kicking the dew off the grass before the main game. (though I understand there isn't much dew on the grass midday in Queensland in April)

No dew but they could be playing in a wading pool the way the weather is at the moment. Hopefully, it clears before this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back