List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our team will be virtually unrecognisable next year.
It is a good thing.
Clean out the poor players but also the poor culture.
Sometimes you do need to start all over again, clean the slate.
Let's get a new culture. New standards. New leaders. New attitude. New systems.
Everyone starts from a clean slate.
Not sure I can think of any rotten eggs who are still on the list??

Plowman looks 192/193 and not 191.
Small difference on face value but could be a lot on-field.

Hard to gauge what his reach is like but he has nice movement and fair pace.

it really depends on how long his arms are, you don't spoil or mark with the top of your head. If he is 99th percentile arm length he could play key position. When short players "play tall" it actually means they have long arms. On the flipside, nothing worse than tall guys with short arms. Warnock for example. This is my theory and I am running with it. On average length legs (for my height).

it really depends on how long his arms are, you don't spoil or mark with the top of your head. If he is 99th percentile arm length he could play key position. When short players "play tall" it actually means they have long arms. On the flipside, nothing worse than tall guys with short arms. Warnock for example. This is my theory and I am running with it. On average length legs (for my height).

SOS - need more players with long arms - suggest we start breeding program with Brad Fisher and Ken Hunter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOS - need more players with long arms - suggest we start breeding program with Brad Fisher and Ken Hunter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fathers in our father-son academy need to breed with lasses of sporting pedigree, Lauren Jackson would be a good one.

....in fact all sex partners of these blokes should be approved by SOS first.

So we've had a pretty big three years in terms of turning the list over. Thought I'd make a list of ins v outs and see whether we have approached the rebuild in the right way. There's no real science to this, I just wanted to map out the huge list turnover since Mick came in.

OUT:
Chris Judd, Eddie Betts, Lachie Henderson, Jarrad Waite, Andrew Carrazzo, Heath Scotland, Chris Yarran, Jeff Garlett, Troy Menzel, Tom Bell, Mitch Robinson, Brock McLean, Jeremy Laidler, Nick Duigan, David Ellard, Matthew Watson, Rob Warnock, Kane Lucas, Andy McInnes, Josh Bootsma, Shaun Hampson, Aaron Joseph, Andrew Collins, Marcus Davies, Rhys O'Keeffe, Jaryd Cachia, Fraser Dale, Luke Mitchell, Patrick McCarthy, Tom Temay, Cameron Giles, Nick Holman*, Blaine Johnson, Brad Walsh, Luke Reynolds, Fraser Russell

IMO 11 Best 22 type players out while 9 young players we selected in the national draft didn't make it

IN:
Patrick Cripps, Sam Docherty, Dale Thomas, Andrejs Everitt, Nick Graham, Sam Kerridge, Ciaran Byrne, Ciaran Sheehan, Kristian Jaksch, Lachie Plowman, Blaine Boekhorst, Liam Sumner, Jed Lamb, Dillon Viojo Rainbow, Jason Tutt, Nick Holman*, Mark Whiley, Daniel Gorringe, Andrew Phillips, Cameron Wood, Liam Jones, Clem Smith, Matthew Dick, Jayden Foster, Billy Gowers, Jacob Weitering, Harry McKay, Charlie Curnow, David Cuningham, Jack Silvagni, Matthew Wright, Rookie Pick*

...and to replace them we've brought in 8 best 22 players (of which 4 missed about 90% of the year), while adding IMO 16 future best 22 players.
jezzajay I did a similar list of ins and out...updated with new draftees

Are there any draft experts out there who might know - is there anything to Essendon's meddling, however playful? Could it be considered a kind of draft tampering?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...ierce-rivals-pay-fair-price-for-jack-silvagni
Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro said he was determined to not let Carlton recruit Silvagni with a later draft pick.
"I just want to keep the opposition down the road honest, that's all," he said.
"We weren't going to let them get away with murder.
"The kid is a very good player in his own right and he deserved to get drafted a little higher than when he was picked."

Is it really within one team's powers to intentionally affect another's picks? They have admitted to doing this.

Are there any draft experts out there who might know - is there anything to Essendon's meddling, however playful? Could it be considered a kind of draft tampering?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...ierce-rivals-pay-fair-price-for-jack-silvagni
Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro said he was determined to not let Carlton recruit Silvagni with a later draft pick.
"The kid is a very good player in his own right and he deserved to get drafted a little higher than when he was picked."

Is it really within one team's powers to intentionally affect another's picks? They have admitted to doing this.

i was more surprised someone didnt do it earlier.
hes a very good player & should never have been left that long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOS probably asked him to. I found myself liking Dodoro when he made the call. All seemed in good spirit to me.

Seriously does it matter. If they nominated him in the 20's then we have reasons to be pi$&ed. But everyone was laughing. No biggy, play on.

SOS probably asked him to. I found myself liking Dodoro when he made the call. All seemed in good spirit to me.

Fair enough !
Thanks
Seriously does it matter. If they nominated him in the 20's then we have reasons to be pi$&ed. But everyone was laughing. No biggy, play on.

Fair enough.
Thanks.

Just had it in my head that we could have got Jack with one of our later picks and used our pick 54 for someone else...and all too eager to get Essendon in trouble. Yeah, I guess we got him at a good price anyway.

:thumbsu:

Essendon, the club facing CAS in court over PED's, the club which paid their suspended coach $1mil to live in France for a year, decided to bid on the grandson & son of former Carlton greats and people think it was a great joke ??

I'm not amused one iota !!

Essendon, the club facing CAS in court over PED's, the club which paid their suspended coach $1mil to live in France for a year, decided to bid on the grandson & son of former Carlton greats and people think it was a great joke ??

When Silvagni wins the Brownlow we will be able to taunt the druggies that they almost had him ... if only for 30 seconds !! :D

If Essendon* think Silvagni is worth much more than pick 54 they have every right to bid.

After all, if the bid is much earlier than justified and done just to screw over Carlton, there is always the risk that essendon* gets stuck with the player.

In this case I think it was a private little joke between sos and dodoro. No harm done.

Oh get off your high camel, Sheiky! :p

If they were actually a chance of getting him, there would have been far less cack value.

The ND and Rookie draft have both rounded out our list quite nicely. Next year we need to grab an elite mid or two and another small forward. It's all coming together :thumbsu:

KPD: Jamison, Rowe, Weitering, White, Glass-McCasker (r)
MED/SML DEF: Tuohy, Buckey, Plowman, Viojo-Rainbow, Sheehan (r), Gowers (r)

I/O MID: Murphy, Gibbs, Graham, Kerridge, Cuningham, Tutt
I MID: Cripps, E.Curnow, Whiley
O MID: Thomas, Simpson, Boekhorst, Sumner

UTIL:
Docherty (MD, I/O MID), Byrne (SD, I/O MID) (r), Dick (MD, I/O MID), C.Curnow (KPF/MID), Smith (SD, SF)

KPF: Casboult, Jaksch, McKay, Foster, Jones, Silvagni
MED/SML FWD: Walker, Everitt, Wright, Armfield, Lamb, Galluci (r)

RUCK: Kreuzer, Phillips, Wood (r), Gorringe, Korcheck (r)

Last edited:
couldn't be any happier with the trade/draft period. well done to sos and his team and to the club for finally heading in the right direction. to bring in

kerridge
plowman
sumner
lamb
gorringe
phillips
wright
weitering
curnow
mckay
cuningham
sos
glass-mccasker
galluci
korcheck

is a great effort. i will not miss henderson yarran or menzel at all. i am tired of talented but overrated soft players.

on top of that i expect byrne sheehan smith boekhurst whiley foster dvr jaksch to step up and be big contributors in 2016.

#BoundbyBlue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back