List Mgmt. 2015 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - 2016 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of contract:
Daniel Cross- Please go on for another year.. Please Crossy we wuv you
Jack Fitzpatrick- Keep him, we need him as depth and I still think he can play as the second forward
Colin Garland (RFA)- Hope we can keep him although some premiership sides might take the punt
Max Gawn- Signed a 2 year extension not long ago did he not?
James Harmes- Will all depend on these couple of weeks at AFL level you would think
Jeremy Howe- Trade him for a decent pick
Mark Jamar- Retire, Spencer and Gawn have got this
Max King- 2 Year deal on the senior list if they think he has a future
Jordie McKenzie- Delist
Cam Pedersen- 2 year deal, he is our best ruck/forward
Jimmy Toumpas- Trade him to SA
Mitchell White- ?
Dean Terlich- Delist
Rohan Bail- Delist
Matt Jones- Probably delist but does a job when called upon

Unknown:
Aiden Riley- Great tackler, not alot else.. Love his effort though and might be worth another year
Viv Michie- I dont see anything great about Michie but Id give him another year
Ben Newton- Give him another 2 atleast
Dom Tyson- Sign him for as long as he wants

If Tyson is out of contract, it's probably a good chance right now to give a him a long (4-5 year) front loaded deal.

If Jamar is delisted we are very thin on rucks. All it would take is one injury to Gawn or Spencer and then we'd be very shaky in that department. If King goes to the senior list, I'd want a recycled/VFL ruckman on the rookie list.

Was going to say the same. Tyson ain't going anywhere.

Why would he anyway? He picked us over a couple victorian clubs when we were at our lowest point
If anything its a much better place than when he chose to come here

Of the uncontracted players, Pedo Garland and Fitzy are the ones id be worried about losing

If I were Brisbane or Carlton id offer 400k a year to fitzy or Pedo to try and get them across because we wont match that
If I were the giants id do my best to tempt Garlo away aswell, they could really use him as a 3rd tall

Fitzpatrick needs to go. 24 years old with 22 ordinary games.
Fitzy has been good this year when he's played apart from the brain fart against Collingwood, he's kicked goals when given a chance up forward and this year has done a good job in defence.

Fitzy has been good this year when he's played apart from the brain fart against Collingwood, he's kicked goals when given a chance up forward and this year has done a good job in defence.
1 good game and 2 poor ones. Yeah he really deserves the contract extension

Gave million dollar man a bath in Boyd then touched up Jesse White.

Something to work with there.
The million dollar man is hardly tearing the league apart and White is a spud

Fitzy is a classic 'takes time' player. 200cm and with great athletic traits but came in very unco, and had his diabetes issues which he had to learn to manage. Carlton have had patience with Casboult and it looks like he is turning the corner - hoping the same for Fitz. I'd be happy to give him 1 year contracts at a time.

Surely we won't be delisting too many players this year?

The draft pool is shallow and we may have 2 retirees.

Even if we upgrade 2 rookies I couldn't see us delisting more than 4 or 5 tops.

Cross
Jamar
Terlich
McKenzie

Hunt?
Riley?

We still need Fitz. Dunn or McDonald go down, he's the backup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Fitz could make a solid key defender if given a chance at a club short on key backs (Carl, Bris, Adel), so if we got a half-decent offer for him, such as a fringe mid or third round pick, I'd be OK with trading him.

Surely we won't be delisting too many players this year?

The draft pool is shallow and we may have 2 retirees.

Even if we upgrade 2 rookies I couldn't see us delisting more than 4 or 5 tops.

Cross
Jamar
Terlich
McKenzie

Hunt?
Riley?
Trengove could be another retiree. I'd also be delisting Dawes, Bail and Jones. Even with a weak draft pool id back Taylor to find better players than them running around in country leagues. Those spuds have had long enough in a professional environment to show something. There's nothing there with any of them.

Trengove could be another retiree. I'd also be delisting Dawes, Bail and Jones. Even with a weak draft pool id back Taylor to find better players than them running around in country leagues. Those spuds have had long enough in a professional environment to show something. There's nothing there with any of them.
Dawes has won a flag, Jones was the best around in the country. Finding good players isn't easy.

Trengove signed a 1 year deal till the end of 2016, he won't retire unless he cops another injury. Delisting Dawes would be just silly, yes he is a fairly average footballer but he is on a decent contract wages-wise that ends next year.

McKenzie
Terlich (These two are both gone 100%)
Bail
Cross (Retirement)
Jamar (Think we'll delist him but let him 'retire' in the media)

I'd like M Jones to go but not sure how many we will get rid of. If we get rid of another it'd definitely be him. Riley is the next in line after that but 6 guys is already a decent chunk of players.

Michie/Newton playing for their careers in 2016.

I doubt Trengove will go. The only way I see him leaving is if he doesn't recover from his injury and can't play next year - but that is 12 months away at least.

I'd keep Dawes and Jones.

Bail certainly is a chance to be delisted though.

So Dawes is contracted to the end of 2016. I see calls to get rid of him (and I share the same sentiment) but how realistic is that proposition?

They could seek a trade - slight possibility.

They could delist and re-rookie - not going to happen.

So Dawes is contracted to the end of 2016. I see calls to get rid of him (and I share the same sentiment) but how realistic is that proposition?

They could seek a trade - slight possibility.

They could delist and re-rookie - not going to happen.

I would be happy to trade him for a fourth-round pick and pay half of his salary next year. He's just nowhere near what we need.

If not, I assume he wouldn't accept being rookied, so we'd have to pay him out, or play him as depth next year. The latter most likely I imagine.

Would anyone take on Will Minson? There are definite ups and downs with him but would cover the loss of Jamar as a ruck and is a stronger resting forward than any of our current ruckmen. Just a hypothetical but would definitely push Dawes back to casey. Might be too much of a clash with Gawn though. Would mean we also have spencer as back up and king developing.

Would anyone take on Will Minson? There are definite ups and downs with him but would cover the loss of Jamar as a ruck and is a stronger resting forward than any of our current ruckmen. Just a hypothetical but would definitely push Dawes back to casey. Might be too much of a clash with Gawn though. Would mean we also have spencer as back up and king developing.

No.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back