List Mgmt. 2015 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - 2016 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

So what are people's thoughts on re-signing Trengove for 2016?

Personally I don't think we have that much to lose.

Given spots will be important at the end of the year it's ominous for a few other players.

Given spots will be important at the end of the year it's ominous for a few other players.
A fit Trengove is worth more to the team than a fit McKenzie, Terlich, Matt Jones or Bail.

It's a one year contract and a low risk, high reward gamble.

Had no trade value at all, may as well.

Good signs for his recovery I suppose and this year was always going to be just about him getting his foot right. Not much lost in the extra year really.

Our midfield would look a lot better next year with Petracca and Trengove in there.

Exactly. Imagine Trengove playing the defensive forward role Matt Jones played today. Would hurt the opposition with his hardness and tackling and would have a great set of hands when going the other way.

Rohan Bail, what do you actually provide?

Must be that 0.1 hitouts per game he got back in 2012.

Oh, and of course that one kick in 2009 that he did his hammie on.
Screen_Shot_2015_05_30_at_21_11_27.png

Exactly. Imagine Trengove playing the defensive forward role Matt Jones played today. Would hurt the opposition with his hardness and tackling and would have a great set of hands when going the other way.

Not sure about it. He's too slow to chase as a defensive forward and too slow to attack as a crumber.

Sure, he's a decent mark for his size, but the he'll probably take 1-2 marks inside 50 MAX per game, and even then it's useless if he's farther than 30 metres from goal.

Not sure about it. He's too slow to chase as a defensive forward and too slow to attack as a crumber.

Sure, he's a decent mark for his size, but the he'll probably take 1-2 marks inside 50 MAX per game, and even then it's useless if he's farther than 30 metres from goal.

Fair point but I guess I was assuming fully fit Trengove. I could be wrong but the non-penetrating kick/slowness was due to whatever mystery injury he was carrying from 12-14...(turned out to be his foot).

You might have a point though.

I could be wrong but the non-penetrating kick/slowness was due to whatever mystery injury he was carrying from 12-14...(turned out to be his foot).

Yep, if he doesn't recover that pace than he's probably finished. He was extremely sluggish in his last couple of seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing under the right circumstances how long you can clog a list.

Melbourne is a clogged sink and Roos is on a three year mission to snake the pipes.

Blokes like Toumpas and Watts will be dependant on what we are able to achieve at the trade table - otherwise they'll be on the list for a few years yet, you would think.

Terlich and McKenzie are almost certainly gone.

This is the list that I think is vulnerable, but it will depend on what the list management guys want to do at the draft and trade tables;

Michie
Riley
Bail
M Jones
Hunt

Cross and Jamar are probable retirements, so that's potentially 9 changes to the senior list, without taking any trades into account.

I presume Vanednburg will be elevated, and White will get another year on the rookie list - but Harmes and King could be in danger as they will have had their 2 year terms on the rookie list and can nominate for the draft, but probably havnt done enough for a spot on the senior list yet.

Melbourne is a clogged sink and Roos is on a three year mission to snake the pipes.

At the same he's the man who gave Matt Jones two years extra sight unseen when he still had a year to run so don't give him the keys to the liquor cabinet just yet.

At the same he's the man who gave Matt Jones two years extra sight unseen when he still had a year to run so don't give him the keys to the liquor cabinet just yet.

Didn't say he was a good plumber, just that he had the job. What we've seen thus far is mostly crack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back