Opinion 2015 Membership Survey - Value in membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I am strongly pro-scarf / anti-hat but this years scarf was pathetic. So flimsy & boring.

View attachment 169020
Surely it wouldn't be too hard to have something like this with NMFC on it on one side & membership years on the other?

Or what about BEANIES?

View attachment 169021
Well you were dudded with the scarf this year. The rest of us were given a lovely warm, soft fleecy royal blue scarf with the kangaroos logo.

North have dropped the ball in respect to their attitude to members.

Prior to 2014 there was a morning tea put on for members with 50 years continuous membership. Only involved a cuppa and a couple of bikkies. No big expense for the club. Chance for us Oldies to catch up and reminiscent about the old Arden Street days. In 2013 I had a lovely chat with Bernie McCarthy.

Less home games yet the price has increased for our Membership and reserved seats. Would not be so bad if their was a designated North Supporters area at the make up games.

Clubs attitude to long time members has many of us thinking better to down grade our memberships and just purchase tickets on a game by game basis.

I had previously written to the club outlining the above but was ignored.

I'm obviously an outlier here, but I think my membership is great value!!! I think the club does a cracking job communicating with us and providing us with a quality product!

Last edited:
I understand not having reserved seats - or even designated areas - for the replacement games, but I do feel it makes the choice of opponents at these replacement games more vital. This year was just a terrible choice (unsure if it's fully up to the club).

Essendon & Richmond at Etihad FFS. Basically, it has to be lower supported teams so we don't have to pay extra for seats or get there 2 hours before the game to not be up in the nose-bleeds. I was very 50-50 about tonight for that reason, but Metro trains have made my decision to attend a little easier.

I prefer traditional run through

Not a fan of playing Richmond in Tassie

Need seats at Arden St

Stand alone VFL side

Replacement game needs to be a true replacement game not just a marketing opportunity to rip the members off

I believe that our membership is no longer value for money

Been a member for 20 years, sick of being ripped off with replacement games this year, so yeah, no more membership $ from me. I will pick and choose the games I want to attend . thanks jb for screwing us.

I'm obviously an outlier here, but I think my membership is great value!!! I think the club does a cracking job communicating with us and providing us with a quality product!

I think the NMFC website and App is awesome.

Some of the other stuff is a bit iffy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An opinion from the otherside of the fence...

I live in Tassie and have supported North my whole life.

We're really quite spoiled by the club down here.

I paid $235 for my Brady Rawlings membership.

I got a reserved seat on the second tier, first row smack bang in the middle of the ground.

I got to see 3 great games against decent teams, including the Richmond game.

I also went to the Freo game at Etihad and paid only $20 to have my seat upgraded. Tier 1, bay 41 a couple rows back.

All in all, it was fantastic value for me.

Been a member for 20 years, sick of being ripped off with replacement games this year, so yeah, no more membership $ from me. I will pick and choose the games I want to attend . thanks jb for screwing us.
Hang in there brother a new broom will come in soon and we will finally get to see the promise land

*From the club after I contacted them*

The price of the Archers legends membership includes the Reserved seat to the Melbourne Home games, entry into the Tasmanian games and also Guaranteed Grand final tickets, should North be a participating team.

The price of the membership is unfortunately, established prior to the AFL releasing the fixture for the year, so we are unable to know this beforehand.

Memberships also generally have a slight price increase in order to keep up with rates of inflation.

In terms of the replacement games, we always tell members that with all general admission seating, this is subject to capacity.

In order to guarantee yourself a reserved seat, we do recommend members upgrade their memberships, however, if turning up a little bit earlier to the game, this generally means you may enter and sit in general admission, as we rarely face a sell out game.

While we would love to offer our members the chance to have their own reserved seat to the Away games, it is simply not financially possible for us, because Etihad and the MCG charge the club the price of the seats for the full season, rather than just the few games that our members would need these for.

While the bigger clubs like Hawthorn and Collingwood may be able to afford the seating, we simply cannot justify the cost.

Another reason that we do not offer this option, is because the reserved seats would be on the top level and we have established that, it would be more financially beneficial for members to simple upgrade their seats to the games in this instance.

We apologise for the disappointment caused.

Please feel free to email me with any further queries, or alternatively, you may call the membership hotline on 1300 KANGAS (1300 526 427).

Kind regards,

*So no justification of taking away the Richmond home game. Basically admit we are better off supporting Hawthorn.*

*From the club after I contacted them*

The price of the Archers legends membership includes the Reserved seat to the Melbourne Home games, entry into the Tasmanian games and also Guaranteed Grand final tickets, should North be a participating team.

The price of the membership is unfortunately, established prior to the AFL releasing the fixture for the year, so we are unable to know this beforehand.

Memberships also generally have a slight price increase in order to keep up with rates of inflation.

In terms of the replacement games, we always tell members that with all general admission seating, this is subject to capacity.

In order to guarantee yourself a reserved seat, we do recommend members upgrade their memberships, however, if turning up a little bit earlier to the game, this generally means you may enter and sit in general admission, as we rarely face a sell out game.

While we would love to offer our members the chance to have their own reserved seat to the Away games, it is simply not financially possible for us, because Etihad and the MCG charge the club the price of the seats for the full season, rather than just the few games that our members would need these for.

While the bigger clubs like Hawthorn and Collingwood may be able to afford the seating, we simply cannot justify the cost.

Another reason that we do not offer this option, is because the reserved seats would be on the top level and we have established that, it would be more financially beneficial for members to simple upgrade their seats to the games in this instance.

We apologise for the disappointment caused.

Please feel free to email me with any further queries, or alternatively, you may call the membership hotline on 1300 KANGAS (1300 526 427).

Kind regards,

*So no justification of taking away the Richmond home game. Basically admit we are better off supporting Hawthorn.*
Well I thought that they answered all the concerns that have been placed in this thread and others. Good response by the club.

On a slightly unrelated topic I was just looking at the membership thread on the industry board and we have the 4th most junior members in the league behind only Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood which on face value sounds great for the future. Just wondering if anyone has an explanation for this anomaly.

On a slightly unrelated topic I was just looking at the membership thread on the industry board and we have the 4th most junior members in the league behind only Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood which on face value sounds great for the future. Just wondering if anyone has an explanation for this anomaly.
I buy three... Hahaha c'mon you blokes lets breed our way to wealth!

How did you find that breakdown? I want to find out how many of Richmond's 70,000 members are actually full seasons memberships from adults... have you found that info... I dont believe the high figures quoted when the crowds don't support it. Even us with our 40,000 many must be 3 gamers

How did you find that breakdown? I want to find out how many of Richmond's 70,000 members are actually full seasons memberships from adults... have you found that info... I dont believe the high figures quoted when the crowds don't support it. Even us with our 40,000 many must be 3 gamers
What about the Hawks... 70k + but only attract 27k to a Friday night game... Pet memberships, and Internet only memberships must be the answer.

Last edited:
Did anyone else get a letter from the club saying that they had automatically been signed up for the Troo Roo For Life dealio because they renewed their membership online? I remember seeing a warning about this when renewing for 2014, but never when renewing for 2015. Before the club cops an angry email, can anyone else remember seeing a warning online when renewing for 2015?

I might be reading this wrong but they've lost me a bit on this. I'd happily pay for a reserved seat at all away games (even on level 3). I'm basically paying for the priveledge of turning up right on start time and not having to look / fight for seats. I assume that is the clubs concern. If that isn't an option surely a bay or 3 reserved specifically for North members (and we pay extra). I'm happy to pay for this although clearly not the same as what I pay for level 2. Like I said, I may be reading it wrong but I assume the club could clearly offer reserved seats for all away games based on this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back