2015 NAB Challenge - Collingwood v Carlton, Queen Elizabeth Oval, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton would kill for a 163-mark, 53-goal forward (Cloke's yearly averages across 2013-14).

No thanks at 900k a season he can Milk your Cow all he wants.

Both Frost and White would be in Carlton's best 22!

Seriously Frost is a good young player.
White is crap who was beaten by his Carlton namesake last year.

Would Frost give us more than Jaksch?
Tongue in cheek because they'll be stars and a loss once they play a good game.

Left field thought but couldn't these games count toward the season?, but still play in regional areas, eradicate teh preseason format, extend the season by 3 games over 5 weeks at this time of the year, play in the twilight time slot, etc.

Travis Cloke is not on 900K a season.

Gee you have a short memory.

He held the Pies to ransom with his old man for more $$$$$ and use the search function on here.

And while he's saying hi, I hope there's going to be no excuses for him this year. All-Australian Full Back or GTFO. He's played 44 of 46 games the past two seasons (so no ongoing injury issues), he's turning 29 this year (should be at his absolute peak as an athlete/footballer). If he's as good as Carlton supporters believe he is, now is the time to show it.
So he has to get an AA spot to be considered better than Frost? That's terrible logic but not unexpected

So he has to get an AA spot to be considered better than Frost? That's terrible logic but not unexpected

No, I'm saying he'd need an AA spot to justify the constant hype he's gotten over the years from Carlton supporters. He's constantly been talked up as one of the best defenders in the league by some Blues fans, and he doesn't have the injury or youth excuse anymore. He's as fit and as good as he's ever going to be. Show and prove time.

Can't speak for other Collingwood supporters, but I'm totally happy with Frost and what we've gotten from him so far. As I said earlier, he was arguably our best and most consistent defender last year, amongst an injury-riddled and under siege (due to the poor defensive pressure in the midfield) back six.

Travis Cloke is not on 900K a season.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...e-for-five-years/story-fnca0u4y-1226482940522

After a year of brinkmanship, Cloke and his management group, which includes his father David and agent Ralph Carr, eventually secured the critical fifth year they were after in negotiations completed yesterday.

It is estimated the deal is worth between $3.7 million and $4m. Carr said yesterday the 25-year-old had forgone an additional $1m on offer elsewhere to pen a contract that effectively means Cloke will be a Magpie for life.

Maybe give or take 100k either way and his old man was always wanting close to 1Mill a season for him after he refused other teams massive offers.

No, I'm saying he'd need an AA spot to justify the constant hype he's gotten over the years from Carlton supporters.
And yet the conversation was about Frost being able to turn up at Carlton and be the best defender. I'm glad you're rebutting it so well though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes I am dead serious he is always in the 2-3 least goals conceeded every season, he gives riewoldt a bath every time he plays him

Hahahah so because he gives Jack a bath that means he is a good defender?

Astbury is a freak! he beats Hawkins every time he plays on him!

And yet the conversation was about Frost being able to turn up at Carlton and be the best defender. I'm glad you're rebutting it so well though

Well, I was diverting discussion to Jamison specifically. Gets talked up like he's a star, but he really isn't.

As I said, I've got no insecurity about Frost's production or standing in comparison to others. Not really fussed whether or not he'd hypothetically be the best defender at another club.

Yep.

Thank god we dodged that bullet.

Enjoy continuing to wait for Casboult, Jones and Henderson to reach their potential then I guess. Maybe they'll take 163 marks and kick 53 goals between them this season?

Apart from the odd Michael Slater moment, Jon Brown is doing well in the comm box.
What's a Michael Slater moment? Never heard that one before, but also don't watch much cricket.

Well, I was diverting discussion to Jamison specifically.

As I said, I've got no insecurity about Frost's production or standing in comparison to others.

Enjoy continuing to wait for Casboult, Jones and Henderson to reach their potential then I guess. Maybe they'll take 163 marks and kick 53 goals between them this season?

Don't worry we will. Anything is better than Cloke on a 5yr deal at close to a Mill a season.

That downhill slide ever since MM left is still spiraling but i am sure Bucks will come good soon so enjoy the wait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back