Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't find the war dance from goodes demonstative, but because it was from goodes it's now an issue. It's no different to GI f doing his goanna dance after a try

I didn't find the war dance from goodes demonstative, but because it was from goodes it's now an issue. It's no different to GI f doing his goanna dance after a try
Problem is if he does not see this could be inflammatory then he has rocks in his head. Which I am beginning to think is the issue here. He may be well motivated but may also be as dumb as dogs.

Just means more people will turn on him, and whatever it is he is trying to say will be lost.

Last edited:
Problem is if he does not see this could be inflammatory then he has rocks in his head. Which I am beginning to think is the issue here. He may be well motivated but may also be as dumb as dogs.

Just means more people will turn on him, and whatever it is he is trying to say will be lost.[/QUOTE

Dennis didn't help matters by saying in the call he should not have done that. Lingy shut him down saying any goal celebration that is not offensive of vulgar is fine.

And ffs, it's indigenous round. Of all the times he's gonna do it let him do it. People get wound up over such rubbish sometimes. He's an Aboriginal. If he wants to celebrate like that let him.
I carry on like a total moron as an Aussie over here sticking it up the seppos every chance I get. I'm not rude about about it but it's a fair whack.

Goodees did nothing wrong . He is proud of his heritage as he should be. Have at it.

And if there are people too stupid to u see stand that then IMO they can leave the game and come back after they have learnt some acceptance .

And that includes Dennis.

Go Catters

Just means more people will turn on him, and whatever it is he is trying to say will be lost.

It was deliberately provocative and inflammatory, full stop.

There's some video on the AFL website of Christensen spouting off about values like "camaraderie with your teammates". Spare me. About as genuine as Ablett telling Gold Coast kids to remain loyal to the club.

There will be some video around how he loves Geelong for the chance they gave him etc... all very sincere and how he feels at the time.... but really about as enriching as a meal at McDonalds.

Whether its come from crowd reaction or not.... this has the potential now to become a Nicky Winmar moment... and it could get spun into an Australian Haka. Whether this is great for an all embracing of "one" australia I'm not sure.

Aka Mundine.

Inciting people, is not leadership. His own coach couldn't hear booing, yet he did this to mainly the Carlton supporters area.

Talking about race issues in this country is desperately needed. I'm unsure if such a gesture makes positive inroads into this need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact it was directed at Carlton supporters,who he said himself hadn't said anything, is what has made it an issue and is what has made sure he'll be booed more than ever now.
Had he done it in the direction of Kenny Williams and his posse of nannas behind the goal then there wouldn't be as much fuss.

The fact that it was directed towards the crowd and they were up by 45 points to me was intimidating

Not includibgg the fact he was "spearing " the crowd as well

He's a flog a massive attention whore of a bloke too

Yes he does mean well to raise indigenous issues as he should, however the way he conducts himself on the footy field is why I boo him and I suspect why everyone else boos him aswell.

Remember though, newspapers want to sell editions, and internet sites want to generate hits. Manufacturing outrage where there isn't any is to be expected. Especially when being offended is now a national pastime.

Don't particularly care for Goodes, but it doesn't bother me one iota how he celebrates goals.

He's a flog a massive attention whore of a bloke too

Yes he does mean well to raise indigenous issues as he should, however the way he conducts himself on the footy field is why I boo him and I suspect why everyone else boos him as well.

Absolutely correct so far as I can tell. Well said.

Memo to Adam: not everyone is going to worship you or thank you, and some fans (from all clubs) are morons. Welcome to reality.

Shannon Byrnes is playing a game for Shepparton this weekend.He's tweeted the team line up in the Shepp News.He's named at ruck rover

CGNmClRUQAA_YsJ.jpg

:D

Spearing the crowd with an angry face was not a celebration in my book

Oh Dear. I think that there has been a massive overreaction about this. I really cannot see the drama.

Anyway, if supporters can give crap over the fence I cannot see why a player cannot kick a goal and then by some gesture say "Put that in a dark damp part of your anatomy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back