Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODWARD%20Alex.png

I'll go out on a limb and suggest he's not an automatic selection in their best team.

Do they have another four players in the same situation, all certain best 22 inclusions? Didn't think so.

Enjoying the FWs this morning. :)

Is there still some doubt regarding his preferred destination next year? I thought he has said it's Geelong and Geelong only?

He hasn't exactly said that at all just yet, but at the crows B&F night, confirmed his exit and said he believes the "Geelong football club and Adelaide football club will come to some sort of agreement".

The hawthorn oldies will start to feel it next season. 4 GF in a row, into their 30's, the end comes fast, sorry but there's no way Mitchell can keep getting 30+ again next year and keep playing like he is 25, same with hodge and Burgoyne.

if these oldies keep performing like a 25 year old again the other clubs might want to know what's in the water
one thing when these players do fall off I think it will be together
think 2016 will be Clarkson last year, no appetite to re build again

He hasn't exactly said that at all just yet, but at the crows B&F night, confirmed his exit and said he believes the "Geelong football club and Adelaide football club will come to some sort of agreement".

Yeah that's what I thought. Not sure what all this talk is of offers from other clubs. It clearly doesn't matter as it's obvious he has his heart set on Geelong

think Eade considers SJ as undermining factor coaching wise

think only Richmond would suit SJ
yet they not interested
makes him a one club player, good to see
Surely the Dogs would be a good option.Play him up forward alongside Stringer.They don't have much experience up forward.

If I remember correctly, at the opening bounce it went straight to Ablett who had space and instead of launching a 50 metre kick inside 50, he handballed sideways to the feet of Varcoe, and they pressured us all the way back to their goals. Whether it was coaching or not, we had become so handball happy, and that opening set the tone. I think Bomber had said somewhere he was trying to get them to change.
There were 3 problems with 2010: GC offering GAJ ridiculous money. Essendon getting into Thompson. Thompson and GAJ falling out. The distractions affected the playing group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It came down to 2 things

$$$$$ & discipline

Took em fourteen years to come to the conclusion that he lacks discipline did it?

Thought the Chapman decision was a howler, pales in comparison with SJ though. Guess this is one of the reasons Hawthorn are still a power while we're in decline, don't think you'll see them chucking Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne etc on the scrapheap, they seem to value their veterans while we discard ours.

Took em fourteen years to come to the conclusion that he lacks discipline did it?

Thought the Chapman decision was a howler, pales in comparison with SJ though. Guess this is one of the reasons Hawthorn are still a power while we're in decline, don't think you'll see them chucking Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne etc on the scrapheap, they seem to value their veterans while we discard ours.
He's never done as he's told, but when you aren't winning every week it becomes harder to get away with.

So we needed to clear coin and the leadership group were sick of him blatantly disregarding team rules on the field.

He's never done as he's told, but when you aren't winning every week it becomes harder to get away with.

So we needed to clear coin and the leadership group were sick of him blatantly disregarding team rules on the field.

You know for a fact about the leadership group being pissed off with him do you, because until I see some proof I'm calling BS on that statement.

But why would you allow that to affect your love of the Cats?

I'll always love the cats. It runs in my blood.

But since the introductory of free agency, it's ruining the league. It's making the good teams even better and the s**t teams worse.

And how the * was a number 2 draft pick (rouke) allowed to just nominate hawthorn in his second year in the system and get traded there. I think it's bullshit but that's just me.

You know for a fact about the leadership group being pissed off with him do you, because until I see some proof I'm calling BS on that statement.
I'm only going on what i have heard from 2 different but very good sources (who have had exceptional mail re Danger etc), if you call BS I'm not going to lose any sleep over it that is obviously up to you... just sharing what I had been told

Last edited:
Well if history is anything to go by, The Hawk's beating west coast like they did back in 91, It was 17 years between flags, Nearly went broke & went close to merging with the dee's, Here's to hoping something similar will happen again :D......
Haha how good would that be

Would be amazing to see how quick their membership plummeted when the bandwagon broke down

I'm only going on what i have heard from 2 different but very good sources (who have had exceptional mail re:Danger etc), if you call BS I'm not going to lose any sleep over it that is obviously up to you... just sharing what I had been told

Sorry mate but when I hear the term "very good sources" my BS detector goes off the scale.
As far as I can tell he's done nothing different this year from what he's done in the previous thirteen, so why they would suddenly get upset with him is baffling to say the least. plus the reaction when he kicked that last goal against Adelaide said more about the regard he's held in then any rumors floating around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back