Oppo Camp 2015 non-Geelong match and general football discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I still reckon they will make a late play and snag Dangerfield,that will be the end.
4M5Dq94G6GVMI.gif

Wouldn't surprise me ypo :( Dangerfield said he wants to return to Geelong for family reasons, no reason why he wouldn't travel to Melbourne to play footy ??? Has he said he definitely wants to play for Geelong Cats? ???

If the Hawks are not paying 85% profit tax into the equalisation fund after this the AFL should just pack it in and go back to the old zones. This will make equalisation a word they can't spell or understand.

Go Catters

The zones were hardly good for equalization either and would hardly affect the Hawks.
During the era of zones the same teams for years fought out for the flags while the same teams floundered in the middle or in the cellar.

At least since the National Draft every one of the teams has played in a GF with the exception of the Western Bulldogs and the two new franchise teams.
The old system favoured Carlton and Hawthorn by giving them the most productive zones.
The old days from the introduction of zones in '67 saw only Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond, North (prob due to 10 year rule) and Essendon win flags. Oh, and Collingwood being the perennial bridesmaid.

You would also have to contend with the two interstate teams in WA and SA having the choice of all the kids from their respective states while the 10 Victorian teams fight it out for the kids in Victoria.
No thanks. I prefer the national draft.

Hunt may have played career best football but that ain't saying much. Check out the Richmond board where he was their whipping boy every week. Or perhaps rewatch the elimination final where his opponent was near BOG.

Murdoch didn't stagnate at all - this was his career best season. He's not 'rumoured to be trade bait.' The rumour is that Adelaide is keen because they think he'd add value to their best 22 and that we don't want to trade him. Quite the opposite to being trade bait.

GHS struggled with injury all season. It happens sometimes. Doesn't mean you completely write off someone's career. He showed enough in 2014 to think he's worth persisting with.

Hamling got a handful of games, good luck to him. Perhaps he's the next Brian Lake headed for multiple flags or perhaps he's the next Tim Callan. A bit too early to call, wouldn't you think?

Interesting that you list those players but fail to mention how the likes of Duncan, Motlop, Blicavs, Guthrie and Caddy - and the even younger likes of Thurlow, Bews, Kolodjasnij, Lang and Gregson- have shown plenty under Scott.
In regards to Murdoch if he were to be steak knives in the PD trade I think most would help pack his bags IF that meant only handing over 1 R1 pick, wouldn't you agree?

As for Hamling were he still here only one of himself and Kolo would have likely squeezed out Rivers. Doubt they'd have squeezed out Lonergan or Taylor. So there'd still be complaints about he or kolo not getting games.

Let alone turning up with a fit list and their preferred best 22 on the park. Hawks have had all the luck the last 3 years running by coming up against depleted opposition.

I keep seeing this stuff on Cats pages on Facebook.
Lets face it, the Hawks have won the last three flags because they have been the best team in the comp.
I would have rather seen any team win the flag than Hawthorn, but it really does not hurt to look at the situation with some objectivity.

In regards to Murdoch if he were to be steak knives in the PD trade I think most would help pack his bags IF that meant only heanding over 1 R1 pick, wouldn't you agree?

If we are forced to trade for Dangerfield I would prefer R1 2015 and R2 2016 rather than let Murdoch go. Jordan is clearly a player that will play his best football in a side that wins the contested ball and gets it to him on the outside. If we add Danger and S Selwood, we will significantly improve in this area and the likes of Murdoch and Motlop will be the big beneficiaries.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

You would also have to contend with the two interstate teams in WA and SA having the choice of all the kids from their respective states while the 10 Victorian teams fight it out for the kids in Victoria.
No thanks. I prefer the national draft.
Good to see your written off the Lions and Suns:thumbsu:

4M5Dq94G6GVMI.gif

Wouldn't surprise me ypo :( Dangerfield said he wants to return to Geelong for family reasons, no reason why he wouldn't travel to Melbourne to play footy ??? Has he said he definitely wants to play for Geelong Cats? ???

I believe both he and his manager have said it a few times.

Hawks have said they don't have the coin to go after him. Only 2 that might leave are Lake (think he goes again) and Hale (think he retires).

Pretty sure all their big dollar earners are still tied on for next year.

Confident he'll be a cat.

If we are forced to trade for Dangerfield I would prefer R1 2015 and R2 2016 rather than let Murdoch go. Jordan is clearly a player that will play his best football in a side that wins the contested ball and gets it to him on the outside. If we add Danger and S Selwood, we will significantly improve in this area and the likes of Murdoch and Motlop will be the big beneficiaries.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
I'd prefer to keep our 2016 R1 pick. Not just as something to use at the draft but also to help with trades next year (if there are any) but I do recall you'd rather trade Gregson than Murdoch so I think you may rate him higher than I do. He's expendable imo in the right circumstances, doesn't mean I want him gone at all though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bye guys watching the Hawks 3 peat and getting kicked out of a raid team on Destiny has ruined my day.

Going to delete Bigfooty from my life and the Ps4 and move interstate so I can concentrate on other things in my life than footy and gaming.

Very very very low today life is horrible
Big hugz catastic

1291476024_cat-hugs-teddy-bear.gif

Hawks have said they don't have the coin to go after him. Only 2 that might leave are Lake (think he goes again) and Hale (think he retires).

Phew! I don't think I could take it if we did't get Dangerfield, only highlight in such a dismal year :(

Confirmation should come Tuesday...

Lets face it, the Hawks have won the last three flags because they have been the best team in the comp.
I would have rather seen any team win the flag than Hawthorn, but it really does not hurt to look at the situation with some objectivity.
I agree.

But it is a weakened competition. That's an objective call as well, Rabbi.

I'd prefer to keep our 2016 R1 pick. Not just as something to use at the draft but also to help with trades next year (if there are any) but I do recall you'd rather trade Gregson than Murdoch so I think you may rate him higher than I do. He's expendable imo in the right circumstances, doesn't mean I want him gone at all though.

Yeah, I also want to keep R1 2016. I'll be disappointed if we lose both first rounders for Danger as I don't think we have to.

And yep, I'd choose Murdoch over Gregson. Nothing against Gregson who was very impressive this season. But I think Murda brings something very unique to our team. He's performed well on the big stage before, he has a booming kick, he kicks goals. I think he has the ability to be our version of Stephen Hill or Isaac Smith. What those teams have that we don't is plenty of contested ball winners allowing the outside players to do what they do best. If we land Danger and Scooter, get Duncan back, get Selwood fit, get Blicavs back in the midfield (instead of the ruck) and get Guthrie and Caddy to improve on their career-best seasons.... I think our midfield goes from bottom 8 to top 4-6 standard overnight. With that I'd expect someone like Murdoch to thrive.

There's elements of luck to any and all Premierships, though. We were lucky Collingwood had no fit ruckmen in the 2007 Prelim. We were lucky St Kilda's goalkicking radar was off in 2009.

Nobody can seriously deny Hawthorn is a fantastic side. But the luck they rolled with has to be acknowledged (especially by us non-Hawthorn AFL fans) as well.

It just makes us feel better;)

There's elements of luck to any and all Premierships, though. We were lucky Collingwood had no fit ruckmen in the 2007 Prelim. We were lucky St Kilda's goalkicking radar was off in 2009.

Nobody can seriously deny Hawthorn is a fantastic side. But the luck they rolled with has to be acknowledged (especially by us non-Hawthorn AFL fans) as well.

We were lucky Jolly and Reid were injured in 2011 GF too and iirc Beams had pulled out as well.

Last edited:

I'm amazed when we pull off 1 Subiaco win.
But 2 finals? It's the only reason I backed wc. Thought the Hawks would be flat. Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back